Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
OP Offline
P
Hi DeWayne and all MB buddies!<p>It seems that it might be a good time for a POSITIVE thread about MB! So I'll start it off with a few things and a few thoughts.<p>I found MB in September of 1999, just a few days after finding out about my husband's affair. I was still in a state of shock (sometimes I think I still am!) and didn't know where to turn. Of course, I felt like I was the only person this had happened to and thought my pain was completely unique. I soon found out that there were a lot of us, all in the same desperate place. I didn't post for over two months, but I read for hours every day. I bought the Harley books, read them, and tried to implement the principles in my life. But the best thing I found here was friendship and support. When I made my first post on December 3rd, 1999 (our 23rd wedding anniversary) I only got a few responses. But they were so welcoming and encouraging that I soon felt comfortable here. The advice and comfort I received here made it possible for me to survive another discovery that the affair had resumed, as well as a final uncovering of all the lies and deceipt that went with the whole mess.<p>My husband and I have been to counseling, both jointly and individually. In fact, he is still seeing a therapist regularly. I fully believe in the help counseling provides, given a good counselor that is! We have been extremely lucky in that area. Five counselors, four jewels, only one dud!<p>But I give credit for saving my sanity, my life, and our marriage to God first, with MB a close second. And what makes MB is the people. We counseled with Steve Harley and he is amazing. But the day-to-day help is the sincere people on this board. People like patientLove, soulloss, lostva, lor, newbeginnings, heartpain, kam, faithhopelove, sudz, wasstubborn, leilana, ohmymarie and so many others. Plus people like NSR, LONESTAR (my hero), K, dazed and confused, and so many others that seem to be gone..........<p>But the past few weeks here has made me wonder something. If on that October day in 1999, when I was at such a low point in my life, if I had opened this site and seen the kind of posts that I see on here now......................Where would my life be? Because I am not exaggerating when I say that I believe the people I named above and a lot of others saved me from being completely destroyed.<p>When I joined this site I found compassion, encouragement, and a strong support for saving marriages and surviving infidelity. I don't see much of that anymore. Yes, I agree that there is a place for debate and for venting. But is that place here quite so much of the time? I just don't think so. Maybe name calling, religious debate, and violent fantasy helps some people, but it probably harms even more. I just wish this site would focus more on its intended purpose, to build (and rebuild) marriages. The fact that it spends so much time on other stuff disappoints me, but it doesn't damage me. NOW. But it WOULD have on that October day in 1999. And I'm just afraid it is doing the same to others.<p>I notice that there are new members listed every day. But some of them never make a post. Maybe they see what is going on here these days and never come back. I think that is what I would have done.<p>Peppermint

H
H
Peppermint,<p>I can relate to your post. I found MB the day after I discovered my wife's affair. I ordered the books, and read and read for about a month and a half before making my first post. I remember reading a lot of your posts back then, as well as Firestorm's too!<p>If I had read some of the things that are going on now, or if I had received the kind of advice I see on many of these posts, I probably would not have stuck around (and maybe my marriage would not have either) [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] . Sometimes this place can now take on a circus-like atmosphere. While that can be fine to an extent, it can also be counter-productive to so many of the genuine people that are hurting deeply and are in need of some advice and support. <p>I'm thankful for all of the helpful advice I received during those dark days, and for all of the kind support from so many of the good people that come here everyday.<p>-HD

N
N
Hi All,<p>I could go down your post Peppermint, and quote, and say, "Me too" to every single thing you've said.<p> [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] <p>This is NOT the place is was when I came, and I find myself feeling sad, angry, lonely, and all sorts of things in between... <p> [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I also thank my wall of friends, fellow-sufferers, fellow-recoverers, and cyber-buds... really too many to mention!<p>I don't know what else to say... and it feels weird.<p>That doesn't happen often, as you know! [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

P
P
peppermint,<p>So good to "see" you here.
I've missed all my MB buddies and the sage advice I have gotten over the years here. I agree if I had found MB 2.5 years ago in the state that it is today I certainly would not have survived.
I know that MB and my dear and good friends here made a survivor out of me.
We cried together, we laughed together but we also "built marriages" together.
To read some of the advice given as well as the encouragement of prolonging behavior that not only is a detrement to marriage building but a huge detriment to "self building" saddens me.<p>Although there is still some Marriage Building going on around here the boards seem to continuely under seige by something that is quite a bit less than that.
BS's that seem so "holier that thou" - "my pain is so much more than your pain."
You know what? that is probably true. A WS or an OP probably will never have an idea of the pain of a BS...but it is also a fact that WS's and OP's experience pain. The BS's pain is felt by an innocent victim in the mess and yes this is unfair but IT'S A FACT. It is what happened and there is nothing you can do to change it so as Dr. phil would say..."Now what are you going to do about it?" Are you going to wallow in the unfairness of it all? Are you going to cling to your pain because that is all you have left or are you going to move on and forge ahead and come up with an action plan that is productive?<p>WS's that seem to rationalize or justify their actions - "don't say you wouldn't until you have walked in my shoes."
You are correct in this statement as well, nobody can acurately predict what they absolutely would or wouldn't do in any given situation but it is a fact that in your situation you made the WRONG CHOICE. Nobody else made that choice for you. Take the responsibility for that choice, quite whinning about the situation that you were in that opened the door to the posibilty of an affair and do your part to fix whatever is wrong in your marriage and in yourself.

I will say it again because I know it has been said so many times before
"Do you want to be right or do you want to be married?" or even for those whose marriages may not survive "Do you want to be right or do you want to be whole?"<p>I also want to take this time to thank so many people who had been there when I really needed it
peppermint
soulloss
lostva
new_beginning
vikki
cee_cee
faithhopelove
piolotswife
williamJ
heartpain
NSR
lor
Samantha
and so many others
Thank you and God Bless!!<p>
[img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]<p>[ March 11, 2002: Message edited by: Patient Love ]</p>

L
L
Peppermint & NB, I hope you know I love you!
And I agree MB should be a kind, gentle, friendly, supportive, healing place.<p>But, I'm not so sure the old days were so sweet all the time. I very rarely read past threads, as I feel anything I've forgotten is a blessing, but I recall threads on stupid WS sayings & BS/OP fantasy retaliation from way-back, like my third separation in '99. I suspect I participated. But, especially the OP bashing, were ugly then, and it is ugly now. I haven't read the latest thread on it, but I think the best reminder is ok vent, but then move on to forgive and heal, don't wallow in bitterness because that hurts the one who is bitter, not to mention any kids witnessing it.<p>I remember how some posters hated the party threads because they were goofy and meaningless and LONG and posters in need at that same time received few posts. But, some party posters were usually lurkers and didn't necessarily have advice.<p>MB is amazing in that we have posters from every side of the tragedy that is infidelity. In my view, OP may be incendiary or lost or of a non-MB mindset, like not gleaning the fact that the Infidelity Forums are not PRO infidelity. WS run the gamut from nearly beginning the PA to completely fogged to recovering. Plenty of different, even disagreeable, issues there. And there are BS in every stage of discovery, grief, recovery, and/or divorce. Including anger, which has to be resolved and dealt with along with despair and acceptance.<p>There are so many people who have been a part of MB, even "just" in my time. So many I miss and wonder what happened next. But, quite honestly, if their names included sad, confused, lonely, broken, alone, love, hope, almost...I couldn't even track them. (No offense meant to anyone who has chosen those names, I've just seen too many to differentiate, and since I don't read past posts...a dilemma of identifcation) And, I read & post on at least Recovery & GQII almost everyday.<p>I suppose the glory days were when NSR did keep track of newbies and sent them the welcome post with all the links to how the MB process works.<p>I don't know what the complete solution is. I look for threads that don't have many replies to see if I can offer something. I've learned that stepping into a messy thread doesn't necessarily help set it aright, but perhaps a redirection is still worth a try. And, occasionally, I'll let fly at someone who I believe has lost their little tiny mind...just as has been done to me [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] . But that is part of MB as well, keeping ourselves on task, and when someone is behaving contradictory to optimal outcome of either personal or marital recovery, pointing it out.<p>I, too, am very grateful to MB and all the wonderful posters, past & present, and even the 2 who have told me that my recovery "hasn't stood the test of time." (where's that icon for hair standing on end? True though that may be, it is good NOW). I wish the forums to be as helpful, sustaining, and useful as they were/are to me.

S
S
posts from some of the "Wiseones"<p>Read what they are saying. Learn from them. Take advantage they & others like them are a valuable resource to MB.

N
N
ok all- im calling on you and your sage advice. i have a thread going now on gen. ?? if any of you would care to add your opp. i would appreciate it. i too hate the stuff that is going on. i came here not to long ago and have noticed a diff. myself. i need advice and help. care to join in?

P
OP Offline
P
Hi everyone!<p>Hey HurtingDeeply,<p>Thanks for checking in with another MB success story. It's hard to convince people that the MB principles really work, both maritally and personally. But we know that it is not a quick-fix, and it seems most people don't have the time and patience required for this. It is a difficult journey, but can be so worth the trip! And MUCH better than the alternative I think!<p>Hi Sheryl,<p>It makes me sad. I feel that a lot of us are losing our connection to this site. Lori said long ago that there will come a time when this site will do your marriage more harm than good. I think that time is here for me. I hope we will ALWAYS stay in touch!<p>Hey Nicole!<p>It's great to see you here. You are a true MB success story even though your marriage didn't survive. Your next one will be great! I think of you so very often.<p>You know, every time I visit here (not so often anymore) I feel like I am under siege! A sure sign it is time to go!<p>But I have your email address, and intend to use it!<p>Hi Lor,<p>Oh, I absolutely agree that "the good old days" weren't always good! There have always (in my time anyway) been trolls and foggy WS's posting here (my own among them). What is different is the way they are handled, and the level of tolerance for the bad behavior has definitely risen. I don't fit in here anymore, and to be honest that is NOT a bad thing! I miss YOU though!<p>Hey sing!<p>How are things with you? I can tell that you are strong and resolute, and I hope your life is going well.<p>Hi nikko,<p>Welcome to MB. It truely is a place full of potentially the best information you could hope for. Sometimes you just have to dig through a lot of not-so-helpful stuff to get it!<p>I did read your post and I will again. But for now the best advice I can give you is to find a good marriage counselor as soon as you can. Steve Harley does phone counseling, and while I was skeptical of it at first, it really got us headed in the right direction. If your husband is really ready to start working on saving your marriage, he will agree to go with you. If not, do it for yourself. <p>For me, this trip started on September 27th, 1999. Of course it really started before then, when the affair started a few months earlier. And the patterns that led to my husband's unhappiness started long before that, some of them well before I even knew him. My point is that this didn't happen overnight, and it will not be healed overnight. It will take time, patience, faith, and a greater effort than I would ever have believed. But you can survive this and be a stronger person for it. Believe me, because I have!<p>Thanks to everyone for taking the time to read and reply. As Sheryl says, I could have written about sex and gotten more responses. But I learned a LONG time ago that it's more about the QUALITY than the QUANTITY!<p>Love and best wishes to all!<p>Peppermint<p>[ March 07, 2002: Message edited by: peppermint ]<p>[ March 07, 2002: Message edited by: peppermint ]</p>

C
cl Offline
C
HI Peppermint,
Nice to see your name again. This place is a little weird lately....sometimes I just have to stay away!
MB truly was/is a haven for me. When my marriage hit an all-time low, I came here and learned so very much. We laughed together......sometimes got very silly. We cried together.....sometimes the tragedy was just too much. We helped each other understand and we were willing to open our minds and our hearts.
When my family, counselors and friends all told me this marriage was beyond repair, people here stepped in and helped. I love you all so much!!!
It has been a tough couple years but I am glad I chose this path and stayed on it. Many times I wanted to veer off or turn around, but the loving people here kept me on track.
(((((((((hugs)))))))))
aloha, cl

O
O
Hello Everyone,<p>When I first read this thread I thought &#8220;What a good idea. But, I won&#8217;t post a reply, because I can&#8217;t really say that our M is recovered and I frankly don&#8217;t know if it will, even though I have applied the MB principles.&#8221; On further reflection, I realized that I might have something to add, even if ours is not a success story. So, here goes.<p>I first started reading on MB in the Fall of 2000, a couple of months after I discovered my H&#8217;s A. By then, I had lived through d-day #1, a week of denial of an A combined with fence-sitting, the declaration by H of the end of the &#8216;inappropriate friendship&#8217; and of his commitment to our M, a resumption of the A which was actively hidden from me, a second d-day, the realization that the now admitted EA was really a full blown EA/PA, and scores of ugly angry outbursts during which my H let loose all forms of criticism about everything about me, real or imagined.<p>At first I only read the basic concepts, the articles and the Q&As. It was only after more than a dozen visits to the MB website that I decided to check the forums. You see, I was not yet &#8216;sold&#8217; on the MB principles, H thought the concepts were ridiculous, and I wondered what the value of a discussion forum would be.<p>I was truly surprised at what I found.<p>I lurked for some time before venturing to start a thread or reply to someone else. When I did, my thread was met with a handful of replies, each of them welcoming, supportive and reassuring. A couple of the replies really affected me, because others were living in situations that I thought were unique to my life. You see, our M came to the brink due to my H&#8217;s A, but there were long-standing issues that my H had not revealed to me, despite my questions and concerns, and had never been honest to himself about. When strangers were able to immediately understand very personal aspects of my dilemma, I felt a great sense of validation and relief. I was not alone, I was not going insane, and there were others who had survived similar situations and managed to rebuild their Ms.<p>I decided that if others had used the MB principles to good advantage, then I would learn even more about them and try to apply them to my M. I called on the assistance of other MBers, and I accepted as much support, advice and encouragement as could be garnered. I credit this forum and my MB friends for helping me stay committed to my goal of recovering our M. Countless times, I started a thread in despair, ready to cash in my chips, and fellow MBers came to my aid and helped me to regroup and carry on with the work of recovery.<p>I really believe that without the warmth and compassion of this forum and the gentle prodding that I received when I seemed to be straying from the MB principles was instrumental in keeping me in my M for the past 16 months. Our recovery has been largely a one-sided one, with my H reluctant to take responsibility for his A, his pre-A problems, and the pain that his choice had caused to me and our young children; I plan Aed and my H stayed in the M to enjoy the benefits of plan A; I sunk deeper into depression and my H turned a blind eye. But MBers continued to support me and my stubborn efforts.<p>When I decided that I could not live in plan A one minute longer and forced a separation with contact only in relation to the children (plan C), fellow MBers gasped and held their breaths. While I had referred to plan B for a few months, I don&#8217;t think those that were following along really saw it coming. Through our 3 month separation, my friends here checked in on me, asked for updates and gave me so much strength. They reminded me to give H credit for his progress towards taking responsibility and reaching out for me and our M; they prompted me to reflect on the efforts that H was making and the action that he was adding to his past promises. And when I decided to agree to H&#8217;s requests for reconciliation, without the full support of my IC, MBers cheered me on.<p>There are times now when I feel moments of acceptance relating to my H&#8217;s A, where the pain I feel is a dull ache and not a gut-wrenching knot. And I think we have come to a point where the A is no longer at the forefront of the issues we need to deal with in our M. We have many residual issues relating to trust and honesty, but mostly we are dealing with problems that pre-dated the A, fundamental things that the A brought to light but did not create. And thought I do not consider us a 'success story', I see that our M has progressed through to near-recovery, that I have made inroads in personally healing, and that MB and MBers have greatly contributed to each of these smaller successes.<p>I won&#8217;t lament about &#8216;the good old days&#8217; because I stayed exclusively on the &#8220;In Recovery&#8221; forum for a long, long time. The rawness of the pain on JFO and the range of the issues on GQII were too much for me to expose myself to. I was decidedly sheltered. That said, I am concerned about the impact of some of the threads on newcomers to MB; I can think of quite a number of threads that would have caused me to run far, far away from the mêlées in the early days. There are some conflicts that make me want to seek refuge even now.<p>Thanks for starting this thread, peppermint. It caused me to reflect on where we came from and where we now are at. And it is always great to see the old-timers encouraging the battle-weary.<p>Hugs to you all,<p>OneDay<p>[ March 07, 2002: Message edited by: OneDay ]</p>

P
OP Offline
P
Hi cl,<p>It's nice to see YOUR name here as well. Like you mentioned, sometimes my friends (real and cyber) advised me to give up. But mostly I found gentle advice and support for what I thought was best. And continued support when I was wrong, without ANY "I told you so"s! I'm glad I decided to hang on too!<p>Hello OneDay,<p>I have been wondering how you are. You sound much stronger, and I can tell you have come a long way on the recovery journey. Friends like you have made my trip easier, and I would like to do the same for you. I'm here for you anytime you want to chat!<p>Thanks again for reading and replying!<p>Peppermint

M
M
Hey Peppermint and all you other old farts!!!<p>Remember me? the Villiage Idiot from days gone afar?<p>Wow, you hit the nail on the head. Just the other night I was checking out the boards, seeing how some of my buds are, and was sadly displeased on what's going on here.<p>I proceeded to go back into the "read only" threads and relived the old times when the boards were friendlier and good marriage advise was dispensed and the biggest debate going on was when to move to Plan B. Man, some of those are funny expecially considering what we are/were going thru a rough time in our lives. We were upbeat giving "atta boys" and trying to cheer on our fellow man to um... build the marriage. <p>So, yeah, I agree with you. If I would have come to the boards today as opposed to May of '99 I would have just moved on. Instead, way back when, I got great advice from many, met some of our fellow MBers in person and only injured one [sorry Butterfly]<p>It's funny that I posted an update a few months ago how G [W.G.up H./Little Cookie] and I are doing very well and planning on getting M in the spring of 2003 and got little response as opposed to some of the more "interesting" threads that are getting hostile to say the least.<p>Oh, well, that's life. <p>So, a great big HI and thanks to all the great "old timers" that have given me advice and help in the past and pulled me thru the worst time of my life.<p>Wishing us all the Best,<p>Zippy

J
J
What ever happened to Carolina Belle and Pilots Wife? <p>I am mainly on Div/Div these days, back with a vengance cause times are tough, and I think I am a bit to blame here.<p>I started the Guess Who's Talking bout us thread. I NEVER intended for it to become a war of sorts. I was just so suprized that there was actually a board like that, and the things that go on there! Sorry if I inadvertantly contributed to the demise of things. I will watch my attitude, especially now that I am divorced. I would hate for someone to not come back here after seeing negative things. <p>The old times are always remembered as better times. <p>As I remember there were a lot less people to keep track of, and people did keep track of each other more. I think in general people are a bit antsy lately, and that seems to be the trend on quite a few boards.<p>Don't tell me you folks don't remember the great sex threads we used to have going! <p>It also seems to me like the average age of people here is getting younger. Not that younger is worse or whatever, just that it is not always the 10 - 15 year marriage with a couple of kids. It is sad that there are so many people round these parts who have only been married a year or less. <p>Plus Marriage Builders and Divorce Building are getting more publicity now than when I joined, I can remember really digging around to find this, and now we were just in the Chicago newspaper.<p>Anyway, there is still a ton of good stuff going on here. Even though things didn't work out for me (yet [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] ) I don't know where I'd be if I hadn't found MB.<p>Elizabeth

J
J
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> Plus Marriage Builders and Divorce Building <hr></blockquote><p>Freiudian slip there. I think it's not Divorce Building, but possibly Divorce Busting?!

B
B
<p>[ March 12, 2002: Message edited by: BINthereDUNthat ]</p>

L
L
Oh, my, my family's here on this thread!!!<p>Couldn't help myself, HAD to stop by!!! I've been checking for old friends since I came by a couple of weeks ago for the first time in a long time.<p>Lost.....amazing, isn't it? How we all have felt the same way? I remember just KNOWING in my soul that no one had ever hurt as I was hurting. I remember KNOWING that I would never be able to handle it. I remember Bozo's Deb posting to me for the very first time, telling me I'd be ok, it would get better, there were things I could do to make myself stronger, and thinking "she doesn't have a CLUE as to how I feel, she never loved her H this much." I was wrong, she was right. I remember this board and my friends here literally saving my sanity. Sometimes gently, sometimes forcefully, with humor and honesty and love. Robert and I will always be grateful.<p>Yeah, we had parties...to get us through the long nights...I think they're a great idea. And we whacked each other side the head with that proverbial 2X4 more than once! Even in a thread that some of you guys might remember as kinda amusing (where PT got her name), one of our dear friends reminded me that she was not a monster, just a human, like my wonderful husband, who made a very bad decision. (Ok, a bunch of very bad decisions, but how sad is that? I certainly can't hate her for it.) I depended on that honesty, that true caring to get me through, to keep me grounded, to stop me from wallowing in my own self-pity. I would have never survived without it. I counted on my friends to say "Oh, Honey, we know how much you're hurting. Give yourself a minute to cry it out and then GET TO WORK! Enough's enough!" I remember being grateful for being told things I didn't want to hear. While the folks around me were telling me what I thought I wanted to hear and enabling me to feel sorry for myself, my MB family was helping me to get honest and grow. That, I believe, is true love and friendship. <p>GloryB and trolls have always been around. They always will be. It's ok. WS's posting are just fine with me....some of my best friends here have been WS's. Actually, that was the biggest lesson I learned....that it can happen to ANYONE. I didn't believe that at first. Felt it took some morally bankrupt individual. I was wrong. It was getting rid of my self-righteousness that helped me ultimately to forgive. And it was my friends, and old-timers who came back to help us on occasion, who taught me to do that. <p>Heck, our own little PT even frequented these boards for a while and used what I said to help HER relationship with Robert while they were living together. She went so far as to pose as an MB betrayed who emailed me for support and advise! That was an interesting situation. <p>The betrayed should understand better than anyone that hurting people do unreasonable things....and Ws's and OP's are hurting as much as anyone. The cause of the hurt is not important....the pain is real, either way. No need to get our undies all in a bunch over it. Just let it go. Leave it alone. Try to understand, find compassion. Focus our energy on bettering OURSELVES, not someone else.<p>Oh, well, bet you guys are sorry I came on board today! I still talk too much, ya know? But I do miss you and love all of you.<p>BTW, Robert and I are fine. The affair is never on my mind anymore. We have a marriage I would never imagine was possible, even BEFORE he left me. We have fights, but they're normal married issues. I was amazingly irritated with him just recently, and I realized that none of what bothered me had anything to do with what happened three years ago. And, while talking to a dear friend about it, said aloud without even thinking...."I know how much he loves me and is dedicated to me." Hmmmm.. who'd have thought I'd EVER be able to say that again. He's a wonderful husband...I'm a pretty good wife, too! [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] I'm actually more whole now than ever before in my life! Bad days, absolutely! But it's growing pains, not affair pains. It's normal stuff. Life is wonderful! Yeah, PT still works for the company. Actually got transferred BACK to where Robert is after causing trouble by dating a married man in the new job (Bless her heart, how confused this poor child is....she'll never find her happiness this way). No biggie. I never think about it, honestly. She's not my problem. And, because of friends here, I know she never really was. Neither is anyone else...just us two. <p>See, I just can't help myself! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] Now you see why I never post anymore!<p>Ok, I'll shut up now, at least temporarily! Love to all of you and to all who haven't made it back here. You've made a difference in my life, my entire FAMILY's life and you'll never know how much we appreciate it.<p>Love,<p>Lori

F
F
Hi everyone! Many of you saved my sanity a few years back! I will forever have affection for my friends here.<p>It's hard to evaluate the board. I rarely even check GQ or read. I just saw this thread. I think there were interesting situations in our day, too. Maybe we kind of found each other in the midst of craziness, and maybe posters are doing the same thing now. I hope so.<p>I'm fine. My H still leans toward the clueless, but I really don't fear an affair, and it really isn't on my mind. I do seem to have a really bad PMS day many months when I get incredibly sad, but it is short lived. Now that I figured it out, I can usually work it through on my own.<p>Just couldn't resist checking in and telling all of you how much I love you! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

C
cl Offline
C
OMG........zippy the pinhead is getting married?!?!?!?!?!?
hang on, i am gasping for air! I am so very happy for you and LC. Wonderful news!!!
I am laughing abt PT right now. Lostva, it is good to see your name and know you are doing great.
One gripe (of course I have ONE)- I have an issue with some of the newer members. They do not reply to posts. Maybe they don't like what they read? Maybe they don't understand? Maybe they are rude? Maybe lost in pain? Whatever the reason, they are not hearing the advice being given. I find it totally frustrating.
Then again....maybe i do need weaning?
hugs to all, cl

W
W
Thanks for posting!<p>I really want and need to hear the success stories. There may be negative things that go on in my life, but I try ot focus on the end result that I want rather than on today. <p>Please, keep sories comming, they are extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemly
heplful.<p>I know these prinicples work, I spent 2 1/2 years without MB & nothing happened. Now, 4-5 months later, I am beginning to see real progress. (Baby steps but progress) WH is starting to say I love you & talking about comming home (still a few months away, which is actually ok with me.) I want a real relationship, not just him comming home. I would rather stay separated than he just come home & the Same old S#** happen.<p>THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!<p>
[img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

L
L
Hey FHL and cl. Oh, my stars, I missed Zippy's post the first time! I tell you what, you guys are awfully lucky! I know that both of you will get the happiness that you deserve.<p>Cl, PT STILL makes me laugh. I was cleaning out some old files recently and found yet another copy of that post (it was my "cheer up" post, ya know?). got to giggling all over again! I swear it's good to hear from everyone...I don't stop by often enough to know what's going on. <p>Check on you guys later.<p>Love,<p>Lori

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (Ian T, SadNewYorker, 1 invisible), 1,073 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation