Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
L
Catnip,<p> I remember the "Mega Thread" like it was yesterday! I think that is the one you are referring to.<p> For me, I don't really think that thread is what started this "romance". We both had fun on the thread and laugh many nights talking about it. But we weren't really talking to "eachother" but more to "Everyone" involved.<p> We had both read eachother's posts and knew of what we had been thru. We had/have a great deal of respect and admiration for eachother before we had even met.

For me it was after I moved here to Pennsy.
Tim is incredible! So very talented!
After I bought my house and moved in, we realized just how much work the house needed.<p> Having the same expectations, goals, dreams, and working together on remodeling the house. Spending the time together & having fun at the same time. A "paint battle" comes to mind. We...ok more me and the kids then Tim, were covered head to toe in paint! <p> That is what did it for me. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p> That and the fact that my children just love him! Tim taking the time to teach my youngest(son,6)how to wire the whole house for electric, phones, tv and so on! He was meeting one of my top needs with out evening knowing it. He has spent more time with my children then their dad ever did!!<p> I also think that bc are #1 top need is the same, that makes all the difference in the world.
We are the same in many ways, that it makes it easier for our relationship, but yet different enough to still know that we have to "WORK" at it.<p> The one main thing that I have learned over the past couple years, is nothing worth having ever comes easy......and does take work. Not to ever take anything forgranted! <p> I say my blessing every night! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Gina [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]<p>[ April 21, 2002: Message edited by: Lil'Cookie ]</p>

C
C
Dear Gina (and Tim)<p>Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to my questions and writing such a nice newsy post. This kind of stuff just makes me weepy (sniff) and happy (sigh). I guess after all the horrendous pain we have all endured, when one of us gets the winning love lottery ticket, we are all winners. I can live vicariously through someone else's joy just fine and love it.<p>I think Dr. Harley should give you away, Gina...and somehow the nuptuals could be filmed and put over the Internet for MB members to watch. This is pretty exciting stuff and Tim is a wonderful man who was lucky to meet the girl of his dreams right here and a new era begins.<p>One of the best things I've got from your post is how warm, loving and involved Tim is with your kids. As a step mom myself for a couple decades in a blended family, trust me when i tell you how incredibly important this is to overall household harmony. My H was unnecessarily jealous of my son and as a result, my son spent the better part of his teens years feeling lonely, sad and confused, desperately wanting to be loved and accepted by my H but never really was. It was tragic all around and built some pretty deep resentments, so I know with the tools you've acquired here, you'll both know how to make each child feel special and loved...and it will make the two of you even closer and more in love for this gift you give to each other. My H could have made such a positive difference in my son's life. It grieves me he didn't...and my son is in his 30's now and still damaged by the snarky treatment.<p>Well, I sure got off on a tangent. None of this even applies to you two in the least so I don't know where this came from. perhaps I was just moved by Tim's kindness for your son and wish I could have had the same for mine. I am so glad your son and the other kids are all so loved and treated kindly...they will grow up to be outstanding adults because of it.<p>Love and wonderful wishes to you both<p>Catnip =^^=<p>PS To be proposed to on the Internet on this forum in front of God and everyone has to be one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time...you da man, Tim.<p>[ April 21, 2002: Message edited by: catnip ]</p>

A
A
Congrats to both you!<p>I usually hang out at EN or DD but just happened on this thread.<p>I am teary eyed right now. Excited and happy for the two of you.<p>Good luck you two!<p>ANNA

C
C
I can't tell you how happy I am for you. I just had the feeling that something like this might happen when we met over a year ago. Nice to know that great things do happen.<p>I onl hope that if and when I have another permanent man in my life, he can be a wonderful father. Because, if he isn't willing to put that much work into being a good father, I'm not planning on making him a member of the family.

H
H
Best wishes for much happiness! --HBC

P
P
HI Tim (and Gina),
Sorry I missed your story unfolding I've been away for a while. Tim, I'm so happy for you. You were such a help getting me through all this. Kept me strong and brought me back to reality when I needed it most.
YEAH!!! Great to hear another happy ending here and it really couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I mean it!! And Tina, you did get a GREAT one!! GOD BLESS YOU BOTH FRANK [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img]

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation