Marriage Builders
Posted By: Chris -CA123 I QUIT! - 11/19/99 06:47 AM
Smoking that is! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Told my daughters & let the youngest smush the cigarettes.<P>(How's that for fast Steve?)<P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html</A>
Posted By: untallnikba Re: I QUIT! - 11/19/99 06:58 AM
Now that you got our attention!!!!!!!!!<BR>Congratulations!!!!!!!!!<BR>Good going and all that great stuff!!!!!!!! <P>My dad quit in January of 1992 after I told him I wouldn't let my newborn daughter come around him when he was smoking and he hasn't touched a cigarette since. He smoked for 28 years, probably about 2-3 packs a day(he rolled his own so it was hard to keep track).Just so you know it is possible.<p>[This message has been edited by untallnikba (edited November 19, 1999).]
Posted By: Faith Hope Love Re: I QUIT! - 11/19/99 07:00 AM
Congratulations, Chris! If you have been strong enought to endure the past year, you can quit! Best of Luck!<P>------------------<BR>Faith, Hope, Love Remain,<BR>but the greatest of these is Love.<BR>1 Corinthians 13:13
Posted By: Chris -CA123 Re: I QUIT! - 11/19/99 07:02 AM
I did quit for three years & started again last Dec just before I found out. I didn'y have a hard time then & I won't now.<P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html</A>
Posted By: Dhj Re: I QUIT! - 11/19/99 07:07 AM
Congratulations!<BR>You don't need those nasty old sticks!
Posted By: PLEASE HELP Re: I QUIT! - 11/19/99 07:29 AM
ALLRIGHT CHRIS!!! WAY TO GO!! (I wish I could [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ) I don't have the courage you have yet!! GOOD LUCK & PRAYERS FRANK
Posted By: yes_dup445 Re: I QUIT! - 11/19/99 07:35 AM
Congratulations!!!! That is really great news. I wish you great success.<P><P>------------------<BR>God Bless you and yours,<P>Sheryl W.<P>www.widesmiles.org/gallery/britanie
Posted By: covenant Re: I QUIT! - 11/19/99 01:31 PM
great!!!<BR>I had quit before all this started. i'll qiut again- someday, when i feel like i dont need the crutch.
Posted By: NSR Re: I QUIT! - 11/19/99 02:49 PM
Congratulations! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I see that you walk the walk...<BR>Improve <B>yourself</B> whether you're in Plan A or Plan B or anywhere in life!<P>Way to go!<P>Jim
Posted By: TCL Re: I QUIT! - 11/19/99 02:51 PM
Congratulations! This is good news. Once you get over the addiction, you can look forward to feeling better, living longer, and having more money to spend on other things.
Posted By: Kat1 Re: I QUIT! - 11/19/99 02:58 PM
Great Chris!!!!!!<BR>Interesting how many of us had quit and started again at discovery of the affair.<BR>I'm affraid Im also one of those. I wasn't smoking for over a year. On the day that eveything came in the open I just rememeber start looking for a cigarret and even finding quite strange that I didn't have any, I didn't even remember I had quit. Have been smoking again ever since, but I hope to be able to be strong like you and let the kids smash it too [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Have a good weekend<BR>Kat<P>------------------<BR>Each and everyone of us is deserving of a kind word, a gentle thought, and the gift of understanding.
Posted By: cl Re: I QUIT! - 11/19/99 05:14 PM
great news chris!!!!
Posted By: Roll Me Away Re: I QUIT! - 11/19/99 05:27 PM
You SKUNK!!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>You scared the life out of me!!<P>Roll Me Away<P>PS. GREAT!!!!
Posted By: Against the Wind Re: I QUIT! - 11/19/99 05:27 PM
Good for you Chris!!!! I hadn't smoked in almost 10 years and it was the first thing I looked for when this rollercoaster started. Now I smoke more than I ever did. Not ready to quit just yet. But I am trying to at least watch the drinking.
Posted By: Janie Re: I QUIT! - 11/19/99 05:45 PM
Congrats!! Not only will you be healthier, just think of the $$ you can save!!
Posted By: love WAS blind Re: I QUIT! - 11/19/99 08:01 PM
why don't you spoil yourself by doing something special for yourself with some of the money you save?<BR>like get a massage or a nice bottle of scotch... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR> <A HREF="http://www.alladvantage.com<BR>ID#" TARGET=_blank>www.alladvantage.com<BR>ID#</A> atp-113<P>
Posted By: mkn Re: I QUIT! - 11/19/99 08:25 PM
Boy, did that get my attention<BR>Great job Chris<BR>Hang in there....
Posted By: Paul Moyers Re: I QUIT! - 11/19/99 08:49 PM
Well fudge, I thought we were going to get to flame and kick your butt!<P>Boy am I dissappointed! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I didn't know you smoked, if I did you would have quit a long time ago. How do I know? Because I know you've got what it takes. I've seen your story and see where you are, and I know... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>1Co:2:4: And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:<BR>1Co:2:5: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
Posted By: hopeful1771 Re: I QUIT! - 11/19/99 10:09 PM
That's Great news Chris....Now can you convince my H to do the same. Please????????????????????????????<P>I really want him to quit
Posted By: Betrayed Re: I QUIT! - 11/20/99 12:08 AM
Chris....you scared me!!!<BR>CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Posted By: Sir Hurts Alot Re: I QUIT! - 11/20/99 12:16 AM
You're getting good at this aren't you? As soon as I clicked this, I could hear "Made ya look, made ya look."<P>Never started smoking - I couldn't justify the cost (I'm cheap). I'm sure you'll find some way to spend the extra cash in your pocket.<P>Keep it up!<P>SHA
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums