Marriage Builders
Well, today is our 21st anniversary. Whoopty doo. I sent him a simple "thinking about you" card. And what did I get? No more email, and his usual check, this time without even a note attached. <BR><BR>And guess what guys? I'm OKAY. I went out and bought some new clothes, and I am dressing up and going out tonight with friends. Hope this feeling lasts awhile anyway. And I have a good male friend who is treating me great, but is smart enough to know I am too vulnerable right now to jump right in.<BR><BR>Next week I will remind H to call Steve Harley. But I am pretty sure this is over. The pain comes and goes, but it is lessening over time. Hey, I am beginning to see it is his loss, maybe even more than mine.<BR><BR>I will keep posting here, things can and do change. But for now I am feeling confident that I gave him every chance. He just doesnt want to do the work.
Happy Anniversary ATW!<BR>Celebrate the date of the marriage to the man who gave you your wonderful son. <BR>I'm so glad you are doing things for you. <BR>You are a wonderful person and you are very important.
Posted By: Lady M Re: Happy Anniversary to MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! - 08/12/99 09:31 PM
Against the Wind - I am so happy to see that you are taking care of yourself and making new friends. You're right - it IS his loss. I, too, have realized the same thing about my Ex. Enjoy your weekend!!! Keep posting here. I pray for your continued strength and healing. I know you will come through this, no matter what the outcome. Bravo to you!!!!
Posted By: yes_dup32 Re: Happy Anniversary to MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! - 08/12/99 10:20 PM
My STBX wife dumped me December 5, 1998. Our anniversary was December 22. I had booked a hotel in Banff for a little "just us" ski holiday, in-laws were going to look after the children and everything. I didn't even have time to cancel the hotel and she refused to go with me. So I headed off in a '67 Cougar that barely made it up the hill (she kept the good car, of course) and skied by myself. I had the best day until then. Fortunately, the next day a crew of good friends decided to ski with me and crash in my hotel room for the night. Other than an excessive amount of beer consumption, it was a great day. Actually, the beer seemed like a good idea at the time too.<P>Sorry, that didn't really have anything to do with your story, but I felt like telling after reading yours. <P>Also, My youngest daughter turned 3 on December 3rd, and we had the family over the 6th. So there I am serving donuts to both my parents and hers, keeping a stiff upper lip. (My parents didn't know, hers did.) And the bi$%h is as happy as can be because she is getting her way. Then Christmas. Then New Years. Same story each event. What a month that was.<P>You know, I don't think I am going to miss her as much as I thought I would.<BR>
Against the Wind:<P>Happy anniversary! I am so glad you're doing so well. There is no question about it, it's his loss. You will have a great life no matter what happens, but there's no amount of money that would make me trade places with him.<P>Enjoy the evening and keep smiling.
Posted By: teach2 Re: Happy Anniversary to MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! - 08/13/99 03:02 AM
Against,<P>I know your day is almost over, but, heck, you made it through. I knew you would! Enjoy the new clothes. Those helped me alot too.<P>It is really tough to get through a day like this. Mine was almost a month ago. Nothing from him either, not that I expected something. I couldn't send a card, because why?..........oh that's right, don't know where he is in Texas. Oh well, you have shown grace and courage in getting through.<P>Good for you!!<P>
I wanted to answer all of you, but the darn computer wasn't doing what it should. <BR><BR>I did have a great nite, we hit a couple of places and had way too much to drink, but we laughed our butts off and walked home.<BR><BR>This is the week I ask H to call Steve Harley. I'm no longer sure if I care, but I do want to make contact with him and tell him he has to at least try to establish a relationship with our son. So this story isn't over completely, I just think I know the ending. I'll keep posting, I know I still need your support.
Posted By: Janie Re: Happy Anniversary to MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! - 08/16/99 01:58 PM
ATW -- It sounds as if you are healing. Keep up the good work!
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums