Marriage Builders
Posted By: yes_dup37 Why can't we learn from others? - 09/02/99 04:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Only some of us learn by other people's mistakes; <BR>the rest of us have to be the other people.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I've been thinking that alot lately. Why are we, as humans, so unable to see what someone else did wrong, the pain it caused, and stop ourselves from making the same mistakes? Why do we always think we are different?<P>We as humans are suppose to be the smartest creatures on the earth. Seems sometimes we are the dumbest!
Posted By: yes_dup227 Re: Why can't we learn from others? - 09/02/99 04:05 PM
My God, I was just saying the same thing to a friend yesterday. This quote stuck in my mind "I have made many mistakes and learned from them, but the trick to avoiding unnecessary pain is learning from OTHER PEOPLE's mistakes"<P>Isn't that the truth? My friend said that maybe with our new-found wisdom we'd finally be able to do it. I sure hope so.
Posted By: Sheba Re: Why can't we learn from others? - 09/03/99 05:34 AM
Hi Shoni -<P>I think that there're a lot of reasons.<P>How many times to you hear people say or do things with the "It won't happen to me" mentality!!! God, my H does that so much!!!<P>People are either hardheaded or gluttons for punishment......<P>Comes down to not thinking enough before doing basically.<P>What do you think?<P>Hugs,<P>Sheba
Posted By: yes_dup60 Re: Why can't we learn from others? - 09/03/99 05:40 AM
I think this is because everybody is unique just like everybody else. Most people think that that 'thing' could happen to others but not to them selves. Oh no, not me. Definitely not me. Even when it happened, people still asked them selves, "why me God, what did I do/go wrong"<P>History is always repeated. It is always the same, the difference is only the doers.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums