Marriage Builders
Posted By: TCL And so it goes - 04/10/99 05:57 AM
Here is a poem from Billy Joel that talks about the fact that in order to have a good relationship with someone you need to risk having your heart broken.<P>And So It Goes – Billy Joel<P>In every heart there is a room<BR>a sanctuary safe and strong<BR>to heal the wounds from lovers past<BR>until a new one comes along<P>I spoke to you in cautious tones<BR>You answered me with no pretense<BR>and still I feel I said too much<BR>my silence is my self defense<P>And every time I've held a rose<BR>it seems I only felt the thorns<BR>and so it goes, and so it goes<BR>and so will you soon I suppose<P>But if my silence made you leave<BR>then that would be my worst mistake<BR>so I will share this room with you<BR>and you can have this heart to break<P>And this is why my eyes are closed<BR>it's just as well for all I've seen<BR>and so it goes, and so it goes<BR>and you're the only one who knows<P>So I will choose to be with you<BR>that's if the choice were mine to make<BR>but you can make decisions too<BR>and you can have this heart to break<P>And so it goes, and so it goes<BR>and you're the only one who knows<P>
Posted By: Sally Re: And so it goes - 04/15/99 03:34 AM
Billy joel is my all time favorite.<BR>Thanks...<P>------------------<BR>You will be stronger because of this
© Marriage Builders® Forums