Marriage Builders
Posted By: petermg wife being raped by husband - 02/27/07 08:58 PM
I have a friend who was just raped for at least the 2nd time by her husband two nights ago. This happened after she informed him she is going to file for divorce. He is a marine, a gunnary srgt, and is about 10 years older than her. They have 3 kids and he has physically harmed and threatened the children in the past. I have pleaded with her to get a restraining order but she continues to make what I feel are excuses not to. Please pray for her.. I don't know what else to say to her and I've done much praying.
Posted By: ablocke Re: wife being raped by husband - 03/15/07 06:56 PM
The time in a relationship when a woman is most at risk for being killed by her husband/boyfriend is when she tries to leave. Please advise your friend to go to a women's centre SECRETLY to get help making a plan to get herself and her children out of her husband's life. It is important that she make a good plan, to ensure that she will have what she needs to be able to stay away once she gets free. For example, she will need all her ID, and her kids' ID, her car keys, receipts, etc. She will not be in a good head space to be able to make this plan alone, most likely, so a women's centre is a good resource.

Make sure she doesn't tell her husband anymore that she is leaving him or plans to divorce him. He has already proven himself likely to be one of those who might kill rather than allow his wife to leave.

She can get away safely, and can get her kids away safely, too. Unfortunately, a restraining order often has the opposite effect, leading to murder-suicide if the man is already extremely violent. She needs more protection than a piece of paper with a threat on it.

There is a huge network of support for women in this situation. Please show her this post, or tell her about it, and make sure you tell her that she is in much greater danger if her husband knows she really might leave.

I will say a prayer for her, and for her kids.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums