Marriage Builders
Posted By: Alcoholic's Wife I need your prayers - 12/11/99 08:35 PM
Please pray for the Lord to help me get through today. My husband is backsliding bad regarding alcohol. I am in emotional turmoil today regarding this and my father's illness. I need your prayers also to get through this. Thank you so much.
Posted By: yes_dup553 Re: I need your prayers - 12/19/99 05:12 AM
Sister<BR>Fear not for Jesus is with you. <P>Almighty Father<BR>Please send down your warriors and destroy the demon of alocohol that is attacking this woman's husband . Bind them at the gates of hell in the mighty name of Jesus. Lord we also ak that you heal this woman's Daddy . and during this time of suffering you show her that she can always run to her Daddy's house. It is your house Abba Father and I thank you for providing it for her. Bless her and Keep her<BR>In Jesus' name <BR>Amen
Posted By: LUVBUG Re: I need your prayers - 12/19/99 10:07 PM
AW, Just want you to know I have been praying for you and will continue to pray for your husband, your marriage, and for you. Dear Heavenly Father, strenthen this precious wife and comfort her heart as she continues to stand for her husband.
Posted By: Alcoholic's Wife Re: I need your prayers - 12/20/99 06:13 AM
Thank you so much for your prayers. The Lord is working in his life - he went to church with me today, the first time since our son was baptized 14 years ago! PTL!
Posted By: Mitzi Re: I need your prayers - 12/29/99 12:12 AM
I can only return the favor. You will be in my prayers. I seem to be doing alot of that lately. I'm not giving up yet or losing my faith. Neither should you. Not if you thinks it's worth it. May God give you strength and peace.<BR>Bless you.
Posted By: hw Re: I need your prayers - 01/07/00 04:17 AM
AW,<P>I saw this prayer from a few weeks ago, but it touched me and I wanted to pray for your family.<BR>Lord, you are a mighty God most ablt to work in this huband's life. You are soverign and you know the plans you have for them. Lord, I pray this man gives up his drinking and repents. I pray this man comes to see that you are the only hope for them. I pray that you heal them . I pray that this husband lose his taste for alcohol and recogize the destructive nayure of it on his life. Heal this man and give his wife strength to continue looking at you.
Posted By: devastated2 Re: I need your prayers - 01/12/00 06:32 AM
AW,<P>I do understand the effects of alcohol and the destructiveness it causes from the perspective of being a sister. I watched my brother destroy himself and his family due to his addiction and I truly feel for you on this. I will pray for you and your H. <P>Dear Father<BR>Heal this man from his addiction and bind the demon of alcohol that is presently trying to destroy him and his precious family. Help his wife and give her strength during this time of turmoil. Put your hands on this coulple and this marriage that Satan is trying to destroy. Give H the strength to fight the evil that is surrounding him. He needs you right now as much as AW does.<P>Please kick Satan out of their lives as he has no authority over them. Only you do, Dear Father. Please be with them, live in their hearts and in their lives. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. <P>I am glad your H went to church with you. This is a wonderful step in the right direction. I will continue to pray that H will open his heart to God and allow the healing to begin.
Posted By: Alcoholic's Wife Re: I need your prayers - 01/11/00 07:08 PM
thanks D2 so much for your prayers! Its been pretty much a roller coaster ride lately, he doesn't drink much for a few days, is nice, then he gets drunk and is mean and nasty to me. The good that is coming out of this is that I am slowly learning to ignore his negative outbursts when he's drunk and still love him. You all are in my prayers.
Posted By: No_Trust Re: I need your prayers - 01/11/00 07:12 PM
AW...I'll be praying for you & your family. I know what it's like to live with an alcoholic H. I'm glad that he went to church. He must have heard/felt God talking through him.
Posted By: Alcoholic's Wife Re: I need your prayers - 01/12/00 04:30 AM
Thank you all so very much for praying for my husband and me. He has been nice to me for most of the last week. I have a praise report too. Praise and glory to God for speaking to my husband's heart so that he would attend counseling with me with the pastor of my church. Thank you again for your prayers, please keep praying for us. You all are in my thoughts and prayers each day.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums