Marriage Builders
Me, H and our 2 daughters all did the recreational inventory. Then I made a spreadsheet totalling our scores and ranked them highest to lowest. We kicked out any activity that did not score at least a 1 from every family member, and moved to the top of the list activities where each of us gave at least a 2.<P>We came up with some new ideas, then we went through the yellow pages and made a list of addresses & phone numbers of the places we can go and actually do these things. Some of the new activities we've done or plan to do include:<P>- horseback riding, horse shows, rodeo<BR>- rent a pontoon, then eat at marina restaurant<BR>- sightseeing/museums (lots of cool museums in our metro area)<BR>- flea markets, thrift store shopping (even H likes this!)<P>BUT, the most fun we've had in a long time was one evening last week when we were all helping youngest with spelling homework. We had a family "spelling bee," and it got silly and we played for about two hours and laughed til we cried. If anyone would have told me we would have such a great time doing THAT, I probably would have rolled my eyes and said "uh huh..."<P>periwinkle<P>
What a neat idea...I will share this with my son too. H isn't interested, but maybe if my son and I do it he will join us.<BR>thanks again<BR>tyra
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums