Marriage Builders
Posted By: MandoAnne I want to stop my divorce - 06/28/10 11:26 PM
My husband filed for divorce due to 15 years of arguing. He was abusive early on, and I had a hard time recovering from that. At first I was a doormat, then I becamse defensive and even mean back to him at times. This is NOT ME, especially since I am a Christian, and he called me "pure cane sugar" before we got married. I've turned into a monster, but now I want to go back to being my sweet self and attract him back. How can I convince him? I am reading books, and I have "The Power of a Praying Wife," but I'm reading "How One of You Can Bring The Two of You Together" by Susan Page. I've been praying like Hannah (I Samuel 1) and Hezekiah, feeling remorse towards God for my wicked unforgiveness, begging God to give me another chance. I want to heal my marriage and then help others do the same. "The Surrendered Wife" book is really helping, too! Thank you all!
Posted By: gettingpastit Re: I want to stop my divorce - 08/20/10 10:47 PM
Just keep praying for God to direct where HE wants you to be.
Posted By: Rnel Re: I want to stop my divorce - 09/04/10 03:35 PM
Your words make me think that maybe my wife will forgive me. I pray your husband will open his eyes and heart and understand that it takes two to make a marriage work or make it fall apart.
I will pray your husband will pause in the divorce process and really think about what he is doing. I pray God will place your willingness to work things out on your husbands mind and heart.

I pray God will Bless you and guide you through this rough time.
Posted By: karolinayu6u Re: I want to stop my divorce - 08/10/14 01:10 PM
**edit**
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums