Marriage Builders
Posted By: familyof3 ? HELP???? - 02/13/00 02:12 AM
i have a question....<P>When I say the prayers at the end of each chapter do i say them out loud ot silent?<P>and<P>Do I repeat them more than once?<P>Amanda<P>------------------<BR>I will love my husband "Always & Forever" <P>thevancefamily@hotmail.com
Posted By: Taj Re: ? HELP???? - 02/13/00 02:19 AM
avance,<P>You pray them anyway you want. I pray often as I am reading a chapter, something will come to me and I just give it to God. Sometimes those prayers at the end of the chapter are right on for me and sometimes not and I change them around according to my needs. Put your own name in and your husbands, make it personal!<P>Pray out loud or read them to yourself whatever feels right. Sometimes praying outloud is a outward stand of faith in proclaiming your trust that God is listening. I also think it sends the evil one running for he doesn't like praying saints.<P>Prayer is simply talking to God anyway you want to. I journal and I write alot of my prayers, I call them my "paper prayers". Do what ever feels right to you.<P>God Bless, Taj<P>------------------<BR>"Perfect love casts out fear" I John 4:18
Posted By: Lor (Lor) Re: ? HELP???? - 02/13/00 02:49 AM
I pray them outloud, because my mind wanders with quiet...I also like to pray on my knees...even if my mind wanders, eventually I realize I'm on my knees, which mean I ought to be praying. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Just a thought from someone in the land of confusion.<P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Do not get tired of doing what is right, for after awhile you will reap a harvest of blessings if you do not get discouraged and give up. (Gal 6:9)
Posted By: MoreThan Alcoholic's Wife Re: ? HELP???? - 02/13/00 04:11 PM
I usually pray them to myself, changing the wording a little to fit our situation. If I'm being easily distracted when praying to myself, then I pray out loud. Parts of the prayer I remember and pray it throughout the day, maybe just a sentence or such. <P>
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums