Marriage Builders
Posted By: POGP Timid Praise Report Again - 02/23/00 06:43 AM
I timidly post this, because it may not actually take place, but...<P>The other night my h. said "I was talking to my brother on the phone and I told him I plan to submit myself to the elders for church discipline."<P>I almost wet my pants...<P>If he actually does this and follows up with the regular accountability meetings that they will institute with an older, more mature Christian, I would finally believe there is hope for a restored Christian home with him in leadership again...<P>Oh Lord, pleeease...work on his heart and lead him to make that phone call...soon, so I don't lose this sense of hopefulness.<P>Amen.<P>lizzie\pearl<P>------------------<BR><BR>"I have found the Pearl of Great Price"<BR>
Posted By: Alcoholic's Wife Re: Timid Praise Report Again - 02/22/00 07:24 PM
Oh, Lizzie, that is fantastic news!!! I'll be praying for you and your H!<P>Praise God!!! <P>
Posted By: POGP Re: Timid Praise Report Again - 02/22/00 09:48 PM
rootbeer, thanks for the prayers, I'm praying for you, too.<P>BTW, why the return to the old username?<P>oh well, I'm sticking with Taj on this, you are rootbeer...sweet, properly aged, and 'sticky' as in sticking with him!<P>You aren't getting walked on today, I trust?<P>Remember, princesses do not put up with any crap! (Ooo, my saintly grandmother would have a cow if she heard me talk like that! Conduct unbecoming a lady, you know! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>blessings, lizzie<P>------------------<BR><BR>"I have found the Pearl of Great Price"<BR>
Lizzie, LOL - I'm sorry, I should have explained. When I'm at work I had been using AW because I can remember that password (I have a real thing about letting a browser remember any password) and I just can't remember the new one!! I have it written down in my POPW book, but I leave that in my car for reading at lunchtime. I've got to remember to throw my book in my briefcase! It must be something about being over 40 (I just turned 43) that makes you forget stuff!!<P>Everything's been going ok..... H hasn't been any worse, in fact has slowly been drinking less each week. PRAISE GOD!! Today will be a test, H works in construction industry so when it rains they normally don't work. It rained yesterday afternoon and last night, so H may not work. Please pray with me today that his boss finds him other things to do so that he will work all day, and stays away from the alcohol. Thanks y'all!<P>My prayers are with you too, Lizzie I'm praying with you for your H to have the meeting you mentioned in your other post with the Pastor. <P>God bless you,<P>MTAW<BR>
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums