Marriage Builders
Posted By: way2 The Secret Lives of Wives - 07/07/04 01:36 PM
The Secret Lives of Wives
Posted By: Tom Joad Re: The Secret Lives of Wives - 07/07/04 01:55 PM
Is it me, or did those article gloss over the pain caused through infidelity? It seemed to cheapen the institution of marriage, and say "everybody's doing it" so it must be OK. I'm sure my WW will take great solice knowing she is in the majority.
Posted By: hopeful_person Re: The Secret Lives of Wives - 07/07/04 03:32 PM
I read the article, and I agree it glosses over the pain of an affair.

Having an affair was a disaster for me, and for my family. It sickens me when I think of it, and it always will.

HP
Posted By: Ron53 Re: The Secret Lives of Wives - 07/07/04 03:41 PM
Personally, I found the article condescending in tone. Much like the first MC I encountered, behavior such as this (affairs/adultery/spousal betrayal) is not only being condoned but actually expected in what has become our "morally bankrupt" society. And much like the feelings I had after my one (and only) "session" with this MC, I felt like a dinosaur carrying my moral code..."your expectation are unreasonable", "you're living in the dark ages", "remove your blinders", "get with the 'program' "... sorry, but it just doesn't wash with me!

Where is honor and character? Once a person's word was their bond!

If my beliefs are "outdated", then so be it! I refuse to abandon that which has made "me" "me", for the sake of conformancy. A person without character, is just that...a character!

my saga
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums