Marriage Builders
Posted By: iluvmy2 Confronting/Contacting the OW - 01/16/06 04:31 AM

I recall that I read somewhere on this site that a part of recovery and rebuilding is the WS agreeing not to eliminate all contact with the OW.

I believe I also saw something about the BS contacting the OW to increase the potential that no additional contact will take place.

However, I can't seem to find it again.

Can someone help.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Confronting/Contacting the OW - 01/16/06 04:46 AM
iluvmy2, the WS should agree to end all contact with the OP if recovery is to take place. This should be done with a letter written by the BS and the WS and mailed by the BS. The BS should not contact the OW at all. Here is a sample letter:

Dr. Harley?s (From SAA)

(OP), I want you to know that out of respect and love for my wife and children, I have come to realize that I must never see or talk with you again. My relationship with you was a cruel indulgence that (BS) did not deserve. While I cannot completely repay (BS) for the pain I have caused her, I will do my best to become the husband she?s been missing. I care a great deal for my family and I would not want to do anything to risk their happiness. I will not make any further contact with you and I do not want you to make any contact with me. Please respect my desire to end our relationship.
Sincerely,
(WS)
Posted By: Longhorn Re: Confronting/Contacting the OW - 01/16/06 04:48 AM
In answer to one of your questions, you may be thinking of greycloud's thread on the threat of violence toward the OM.

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/sho...1&fpart=all
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums