Marriage Builders
Since I’ve returned from the hospital, I really don’t know how I feel about WH and our M. I’m not ready to give up, but I don’t want to be the only one working on it any more.
I guess breast cancer surgery helped me see that I can’t be the one who fixes this.

I’m not sure if I’m done, or if I’m just disappointed because he let me down during the hardest crisis of my life.

I see him as such a wussy right now.
I never have thought of him that way before. In every other crisis for the past 22 years, he’s been by my side.

When I text messaged him after my follow up appointment yesterday to let him know the surgeon had removed my drain, his reply was “are you going back to work?”

I’m not sure what he was thinking, but a friend who has known us our whole marriage put it in perspective that he may not know what to say to me right now so that’s all he could think of to say.

I am not putting any energy into my relationship with him right now. I will be seeing my IC next week to talk about this. I have also contacted the American Cancer Society to connect with a volunterr in their "reach to recovery" program who has been in my shoes.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

I have so appreciated this site. It really has saved my sanity the last 6 months.
Surgery Aug. 31st. No cancer in lymph nodes!
Congratulations on the good news. My sister had breast cancer at the age of 24. She has been cancer free for 25 years now. I think you are right to focus on healing your body (and your spirit) right now.
© Marriage Builders® Forums