Marriage Builders
Posted By: LovingAnyway Did two threads disappear? - 12/31/07 06:33 PM
I can't seem to find JustLearning's thread to MEDC...nor K's to MyRevelation.

I was reading them early yesterday.

Anybody know?

LA
Posted By: JustUss Re: Did two threads disappear? - 12/31/07 06:42 PM
They have been removed.
Posted By: ForeverHers Re: Did two threads disappear? - 12/31/07 07:02 PM
Justuss, while you are under no obligation to do so, would you mind sharing why you chose to remove them rather than leave them or lock them?
Posted By: JustUss Re: Did two threads disappear? - 12/31/07 07:23 PM
Why?

Because they embarassed me!! Slamfests. Not AT ALL representative of the MB I know and love.

In the past couple of days we have had numerous posters here REALLY struggling. Ready to give up. Two mentioning suicide. Three where the WS is threatening the BS for getting advice on MB. Several very abusive relationships. Replies and advice? Yes, some. But those non-constructive threads mentioned had pages & pages of replies. All "grading" someone else's "recovery", unsolicited links to past histories, critique's on posting style, numerous posts under AKA's, ALL going nowhere...........

THIS IS NOT the purpose of MB.

Let's get back to SAVING MARRIAGES and/or PERSONAL recovery!

We have alot of work to do,,,,,,,
Posted By: Tyk Re: Did two threads disappear? - 12/31/07 07:34 PM
Thank you Justuss.
Posted By: ForeverHers Re: Did two threads disappear? - 12/31/07 10:40 PM
Justuss - thank you for responding.
Posted By: 2long Re: Did two threads disappear? - 01/01/08 01:35 AM
Justuss:

Thanks from ol' 2long 2. For responding and, frankly, for removing those threads.

I'll take a look and see if I can be of some use on the threads you mention.

-ol' 2long
Posted By: Resonance Re: Did two threads disappear? - 01/01/08 01:44 AM
Thank you, Justuss, very, very much!
Posted By: medc Re: Did two threads disappear? - 01/01/08 01:55 AM
yes, Justuss, much appreciated.
Posted By: Resilient Re: Did two threads disappear? - 01/01/08 02:22 AM
Very much appreciate and agree with your sound administrative decisions, [color:"red"]Justuss[/color].

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Jo
Posted By: Ozdreamer Re: Did two threads disappear? - 01/01/08 03:15 AM
Agree
Thank you

And may MB advance in leaps and bounds in 2008

[color:"blue"]H a p p y N e w Y e a r [/color]
Thank you Justuss.

S&C
Posted By: ForeverHers Re: Did two threads disappear? - 01/01/08 06:59 AM
In the past couple of days we have had numerous posters here REALLY struggling. Ready to give up. Two mentioning suicide. Three where the WS is threatening the BS for getting advice on MB. Several very abusive relationships. Replies and advice? Yes, some.

Justuss, if there is concern that these members and their threads are being "overlooked" or "not posted to enough in your opinion," it would be helpful for you to do more than just mention "there are" etc., etc..

It would be more helpful to name names and name threads and their forums rather than assume that the very people you want to spend some time posting to them have the time to search through all the threads on all the forums in the hope that they might stumble across the very threads and/or posts that you are concerned about.

Most members are capable of handling not only the 2 threads that were being discussed that you deleted, but are also capable of handling several more threads, and were, in fact also posting on "numerous other threads" too. But if you have SPECIFIC members in mind, as in those you mentioned who were talking about suicide or spouse's who don't like them spending time on MB, it would be much more helpful to point those out directly and specifically and others, especially those who have "been around the system" for a while, would make a "special effort" to try to help them.

All I can tell you is I do NOT have the time to search every thread and post to try to find the specific "needles in the haystack" that you are referring to. If you want to get involved in the discussions and where and to whom and about what members SHOULD post, then post the specifics of where you think "time" should be best invested or members who are in "desperate need" so they don't get "lost" in the morass of forums and threads.

For me, that's especially true if you are referring to any thread on the Just Found Out forum, as I seldom venture off of the GQ II, Recovery, and Emotional Needs forums. There may be others, also, who don't "frequent" the places you are referring to as needing help.

So, having gotten rid of the 2 threads, WHERE are the threads you would rather see people focusing some of their time and attention?

Thanks in advance for the "directional arrows" to the one's you are most concerned about.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums