Marriage Builders
Posted By: ForeverHers Color him . . . . . Father - 06/19/08 01:37 AM
A father left his wife and children today.

His was an affair of the heart.

He loved to live and he lived to love.

The enemy won today.

Or so it seems amidst the tears.

He loved another beside his wife and children.

He was loved in return, and it didn't matter if anyone else had an opinion.

We shall miss you terribly, Dad.

We shall love you always.

We know, but it still hurts.

Loss is like that when you love.

Jesus wept.

Our tears of sorrow are mixed with tears of joy.

The struggle has ended.

Glory begins.

The angels shout for joy.

The enemy lost today.

No more tears.

No more sorrow.

No more pain.

No more parting.

No more does death wait to end relationships.

Dust to dust, ashes to ashes, in the sure hope of the resurrection and eternal reunion.

Faith. Hope. Love.

These three remain always.

And the greatest IS love.

No one can snatch you out of His hand.

You gave love, simply, quietly, with a life of service to all.

You modeled being a "father."

Thank you Lord for my father.

Thank you Lord for your Son.

Thank you Lord for LOVE.

Thank you Lord that You Loved first.

Thank you Lord that You chose.

I'll be along in a little while, Dad.

Until then, I'll see you on the golf course with every stroke.

Thank you, Dad, for showing me agape love in action.

Sleep. The race has been run. Well done, good and faithful servant of the Lord.

Thank you, Dad, for being a Father, a Husband, faithful and true.

Posted By: keepitreal Re: Color him . . . . . Father - 06/19/08 02:41 PM
If I am reading this right, your father just passed away? If so, I am very sorry for your loss.
Posted By: sexymamabear Re: Color him . . . . . Father - 06/19/08 02:51 PM
FH,

Your post made me cry.

I am sorry you have lost your father for a time. I know you rejoice at the thought of being reunited.

May God comfort you while you adjust to missing him here on earth.

He sounds like he was a wonderful example to you; and for that, you are truly blessed above most.

In Christ,

sexymamabear/SunflowerSmile
Posted By: Eph525 Re: Color him . . . . . Father - 06/19/08 03:30 PM
The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
The LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.

Posted By: tucktummy Re: Color him . . . . . Father - 06/19/08 04:31 PM
FH, I know you were preparing yourself for his loss but I'm sure it is a very painful time for you and your family. My thoughts are with you today. TT
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: Color him . . . . . Father - 06/19/08 04:45 PM
My deepest sympathies to you and yours in this difficult time.
Posted By: medc Re: Color him . . . . . Father - 06/19/08 04:57 PM
FH, my deepest sympathy to you and yours. I lost my dad 4 years so I know your pain.
I am glad you had such a wonderful bond with him.
Posted By: faithful follower Re: Color him . . . . . Father - 06/19/08 06:23 PM
(((FH)))

That was a lovely tribute. My condolences to you and your family.
Posted By: shinethrough Re: Color him . . . . . Father - 06/19/08 06:33 PM
FH,

I am so sorry for this terrible loss.

I suspect both your Fathers have their arms wrapped aroung you today. They now both know what you have not seen yet. But "Blessed are those who have not seen, yet believe."

Much sympathy, FH

All Blessings,
Jerry
Posted By: onlyUcan Re: Color him . . . . . Father - 06/19/08 06:39 PM
Sleep. The race has been run. Well done, good and faithful servant of the Lord.

What we all strive for.....

You are in my thoughts FH.
Posted By: Suzet_H Re: Color him . . . . . Father - 06/20/08 06:30 AM
A PRAYER:

“Dear Lord, please hold ForeverHers and his family close to Your heart and comfort them during this difficult time. Keep them in Your arms and protect them with Your almightiness. Empower them with Your love every day in spite of their pain and loss. Let them know they are precious in Your eyes. Look after them until they rejoin with their loved one in Heaven one day. AMEN”

FH, my deepest sympathy to you and your family...
Suzet
Posted By: lildoggie Re: Color him . . . . . Father - 06/20/08 06:35 AM
FH,
My deepest sympathy and my condolences to you and your family.
I lost my FIL 4 weeks ago, I understand.

[[[hugs]]]

LD
Posted By: Bob_Pure Re: Color him . . . . . Father - 06/20/08 08:57 AM
FH

I shed tears of empathy with you today. Our dads are in Glory, but we still mourn their loss. And it is right.

Is 61:3

and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendour.

Posted By: Bugsmom Re: Color him . . . . . Father - 06/20/08 11:25 AM
FH,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest condolences to you and your family. You are all in my prayers.

Bugs
Posted By: RareMamaJewel Re: Color him . . . . . Father - 06/21/08 12:09 AM
My condolences on the loss of your Dad.
Posted By: mama2boys Re: Color him . . . . . Father - 06/21/08 12:20 AM
Oh, Forever, I only just hopped over here and saw your post. I offer you a deep sympathy and heartfelt prayers. You have been so giving to me and I know your father is looking on you with pride and joy for the wonderful, generous-hearted son he raised up and taught.

I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless,
M2B
FH,

Sorry to hear about your Dad. My prayers are with you and your family.

S&C
Posted By: bigkahuna Re: Color him . . . . . Father - 06/21/08 01:38 AM
Sorry to hear this FH.

May the Lord hold you in His arms and give you and your family comfort.

God Bless.
Posted By: bjs Re: Color him . . . . . Father - 06/21/08 05:41 AM
{{{{{FH}}}}}}}

My prayers for you and your family for comfort during this time.
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Color him . . . . . Father - 06/21/08 03:25 PM
(((((FH)))))...God be with you and yours at this difficult time...I lost my father a year ago this month, I too understand...

Many prayers,

Mrs. W
Posted By: ForeverHers Re: Color him . . . . . Father - 06/25/08 12:51 PM
Thank you to all who read my tribute to my father. He is with the Lord now, as the Lord is faithful to all of His promises to those who know Christ as their Lord and Savior.

keepitreal - Yes, he went to be with the Lord the evening of June 18th. Thank you for your thoughts.

sexymamabear - Thank you for your words, he was a wonderful example to all of us of what a husband and father should be, and I consider myself blessed to have been one of his children.

Eph525 - Thank you. Death IS swallowed up in victory because God IS love and has given us, as our Father, His Son and His Holy Spirit. We are not alone.

tucktummy - Loss is always painful. "No pain, no gain" as the saying goes. With God, the gain is eternal and our flight of freedom is but temporarily delayed.

princessmeggy - Thank you for your gift of sympathy, we all feel the loss of someone we love deeply and take great comfort in the certain knowledge that this is "not all there is."

medc - my father lost his father when he was 12 years old. I lost mine at 87 years. God is gracious in all of His mercies and in His promises that the loss is truly felt, but temporary.

faithful follower - Thank you so much. I pray that even this time of sorrow will lead to joy in that the Lord will draw others to Him and accept His offer of love to each of us.

shinethough - Jerry, this IS the "hope that lives in all who know the Lord." Thank you for your words of comfort.

onlyUcan - Emmanuel says it all. God not only took on human form for us, He lives in us that we shall know the truth…we WILL overcome this world. My father lived out that truth in his gentle life. Truly this was a man who had no enemies, who loved because he was first loved.

Suzet H - Thank you for your heartfelt prayer. The Lord has heard and the Lord has answered.

lildoggie - Thank you, and please accept my sympathy and condolences to you as you miss the special man who was, and is, your father. God bless you and yours.

Bob Pure - Bob, thank you for that passage of comfort and hope from Isaiah. We mourn the passing of the "caterpillar" we knew and love, and stand in reverent awe of the mystery of transformation that is his glorious "butterfly" state today. What beauty awaits us!

Bugsmom - Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. We comfort each other in the Lord.

RareMamaJewel - Thank you RMJ, it is appreciated.

mama2boys - Thank you. All that we are we owe to our Father in heaven and to those who "lead their lives by the example of His Son," truly he was loved because he loved much.

Steadfast and committed - Thank you S&C. Truly given and truly received.

bigkahuna - Thank you, BK. The arms of the Lord were never more evident in answer to your prayer than on Monday when we laid him to rest.

bjs - Thank you. The comfort of the Lord forever shines in Christ, who is the firstfruit of the resurrection to come, when there will be no more separation, forever.

MrsWondering - Thank you, and may God make this month a month of celebration for us all who see the Springtime blossom into the Summer of eternity for those we love.

And a special heartfelt "thank you" to the wonderful men who provided a military service in addition to our church service for my father. Their tribute to a comrade in arms, who faithfully served his country in WW II, was most solemn and moving. May we never forget the service provided to us all by those who have worn the uniform our great nation to preserve for us the freedoms we cherish and enjoy. May we never forget or take for granted what so many have secured for us.

A flag draped coffin. A military prayer for a brother now departed. Flags flying proudly in the sun. Salute. 3 volleys. Taps. The reverent folding of the flag.

From a grateful nation to my father, on behalf of us all.

Dual citizenship on earth and in heaven.

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body." (Php 3: 20-21)

Thank you LORD, faithful and true, for the loan of our father and the sure and certain hope that is in us through your Son, Jesus Christ.

© Marriage Builders® Forums