Marriage Builders
Posted By: Lexxxy Dr. Harley quoted on CNN - 09/12/08 06:34 PM
Kinda cool!

Bad for marriage?

Although many couples say separate rooms have been a blessing (Barr says her friends are jealous of her sleeping arrangement), Minnesota clinical psychologist and marriage counselor William F. Harley Jr. warns sleeping separately could spell trouble.

"Whenever I see a couple wanting private time -- they want to be alone, they want their own friends, they don't want to feel like they're joined at the hip -- my immediate question is, 'What is it about being together that bothers you?'" says Harley, author of "Love Busters: Overcoming the Habits that Destroy Romantic Love." "My feeling is that sleeping together is a very, very important part of being integrated with each other."

Jason Holloway, 29, an estimator from Greenwood, Indiana, who slept on the couch for about six months while his wife, Rebecca, was pregnant, agrees that separate beds have a downside.

"I had the TV, I had the dogs with me," he says. "But I didn't feel 100 percent like I was part of the loop. I felt removed from the whole situation."
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Dr. Harley quoted on CNN - 04/20/09 12:32 AM
bump
Posted By: black_raven Re: Dr. Harley quoted on CNN - 04/20/09 12:38 AM
Who is Barr?
Posted By: bigkahuna Re: Dr. Harley quoted on CNN - 04/20/09 01:03 AM
Rosanne I'm guessing..
Posted By: piojitos Re: Dr. Harley quoted on CNN - 04/20/09 02:40 AM
Rosanne's mother is a woman to be greatly admired.
Posted By: piojitos Re: Dr. Harley quoted on CNN - 04/20/09 07:33 AM
Because she really raised the Barr.
Posted By: bigkahuna Re: Dr. Harley quoted on CNN - 04/20/09 07:34 AM
I think she has a lot to answer for.....
Posted By: black_raven Re: Dr. Harley quoted on CNN - 04/20/09 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by bigkahuna
Rosanne I'm guessing..

Didn't know she remarried. If they are sleeping in separate bedrooms... redflag
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums