Marriage Builders
Posted By: Vittoria Melodylane: Question about MB weekend - 01/03/09 12:32 AM
I would like to do this weekend.
My concern is, does WS have to be totally out the fog for it to beneficial for both us?

May I ask at what point in your marriage did you and your H do the weekend?
Posted By: Vittoria Re: Melodylane: Question about MB weekend - 01/03/09 12:39 AM
I had just read a post from her where she mentioned the MB wknd and thought she was on, but I don't think she is.

Will take thoughts from anyone who can answer my question.
Thanks in advance.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Melodylane: Question about MB weekend - 01/03/09 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by Vittoria
I would like to do this weekend.
My concern is, does WS have to be totally out the fog for it to beneficial for both us?

May I ask at what point in your marriage did you and your H do the weekend?

Vittoria, there is a reluctant spouse in MOST couples who attend the MB weekend, so being in the fog is no impediment. As he comes out of the fog, you have Dr Harley and his staff to guide him. And if he needs help WITH the fog, the Harleys will help get him out!

We went when we were 7 years into recovery just to check it out. We went with another couple here at MB. To my astonishment, we learned things at the weekend that we never "GOT" from the books and from the forum. Those learnings made a DRAMATIC difference in our marriage.

For example, I just did not GET that Independent Behavior was such a lovebuster. crazy I know that sounds stupid, but Dr Harley identified this problem on day 1 via his personality test. Changing that one thing made a huge difference. I so wish we had done this years ago, because I really think that our marriage could have been great a long time ago.

The couples that really GET IT tend to fare the best, IMO. The Kahunas from Australia did the home study program and they had a great recovery.
Posted By: Vittoria Re: Melodylane: Question about MB weekend - 01/03/09 12:59 AM
Thanks so much.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums