Marriage Builders
Posted By: stillhere8126 old shoes - 01/06/09 05:16 PM
beleivers thread "hit and run" reminded me of this i wrote to WH but never gave to him.

YOu threw me away like old shoes. Old shoes that u used to love. old shoes that u just left in the closet and didnt take care of because they started not to look as good as they used to and maybe not as comfy either. U pulled them out one day to put them on, now they felt bad bcuz u hadnt worn them in a long time. you just left them in the closet and thought maybe ill wear them again someday.

Instead of taking the time to polish them up maybe putting in insoles to make them comfy again or taking them to the cobbler. That would just be too much work. U threw away those old shoes and broke in a pair of new ones. It was much easier and cheaper than fixin the old ones. And the new ones felt so good.

But eventually they fell apart. They were just a quick fix. the quality wasnt as good as ur old ones that with some effort could have felt good again. They were of such quality that with some TLC and upkeep could have looked better than new and lasted forever.

U spend more time and money in the long run going thru new shoes over the years. And they just never felt as good as those old shoes once did. And u might finally realize that u miss those old shoes. u regret throwing them away. But its too late, someone found those old shoes in the trash and saw the beauty and quality in them. They know they just needed some care, sprucing up and they would be better then any shoes they've ever had and with upkeep would last him forever.
Posted By: hope3343 Re: old shoes - 01/06/09 07:21 PM
I really liked the analogy.
Of course those old shoes are still sturdy when you take them and hit him in the head...
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: old shoes - 01/06/09 08:07 PM
Of course those old shoes are still sturdy when you take them and hit him in the head...

rotflmao rotflmao
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums