Marriage Builders
Posted By: MutedSparkle Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/08/09 08:02 PM
I'm just wondering if it had the same eye opening affect for you as it did for me.

If you haven't seen the movie, I highly suggest that you do. Not only is it AMAZING in the animation department, but it also has a pretty profound message to offer.
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/08/09 08:13 PM
As in...

The grass is NOT greener on the other side? It's actually greener where you water it...

Be grateful for what you have...

Open your eyes, change your perspective and pay attention to the blessings that are right in front of you...

Yes?

Mrs. W
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/08/09 08:16 PM
Or maybe you are going deeper to the giving up your soul side of things...

Lots there...

I agree, it was a great movie...

Mrs. W
Posted By: MutedSparkle Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/08/09 08:25 PM
When we left the movie, I realized exactly why you said to go see it!

The symbolism there was spot on!! How boring her parents (the marriage) were and how wonderful and beautiful the other parents (the affair) appeared to be. All the fun, and catering to romanced her and lured her in from her true reality. Wybe (the friend who was told about affairs and wanted nothing to do with them) was told to shut up because she didn't want to hear the truth. And then appears the cat (marriage counselor) while in the midst of her fantasy and pulls her out. I could go on but the part that impacted me the most was the enormous web (lies, betrayal, fear and hurt) that she had to pull herself out of.

Man, I was blown AWAY!! Not to sound juvenile, but it really touched me. I was hoping that my H could see it too, and he did. No fun to get caught up in that mess even though the illusion seems all that you've ever wanted.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/08/09 08:27 PM
Is that a kids movie with a lot of unruly ankle biters bouncing off the walls?? TEEF
Posted By: MutedSparkle Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/08/09 08:38 PM
It's not just for kids....definitely not Pixar type but I'll tell you what, there wasn't one kid there that was talking. They were RIVETED!!!

Hey Mrs. W........the boobs. OMG!! :MrEEk: rotflmao
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/08/09 08:42 PM
Thanks for the warning, I will remember to bring my PADDLE and hawg tyin rope!! cool
Posted By: MutedSparkle Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/08/09 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Thanks for the warning, I will remember to bring my PADDLE and hawg tyin rope!! cool

Are you available for babysitting? grin
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/08/09 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by MutedSparkle
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Are you available for babysitting? grin

We Texans have plenty of hawg tyin rope for babysitting! grin
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/08/09 08:54 PM
Hey Mrs. W........the boobs. OMG!! :MrEEk: rotflmao

HA! rotflmao

Mrs. W<~~~those chicks ain't got nuttin' on me though! grin
Posted By: MutedSparkle Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/08/09 09:27 PM
We were cracking up!!!

And ML just for the record....I'm a Texacali. Part Austinite part So Cal! hurray
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/08/09 09:35 PM
A fellow Texan! We need more Texans around this joint! laugh
Posted By: MutedSparkle Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/09/09 12:55 AM
Figuratively speaking, Texans don't mess around!! wink
Posted By: Pariah Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/09/09 01:04 AM
Saw it tonight.

Reminds me of my nightmares of present.
Posted By: MutedSparkle Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/09/09 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by Pariah

((((Pariah)))) Does he have buttons for eyes?
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/09/09 01:29 AM
Coraline is your type of gal Mel...She calls the cat in the movie "Wuss Puss"! rotflmao

Mrs. W

Posted By: karmasrose Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/09/09 01:31 AM
I so badly wanted to see that movie, but unfortunately haven't the money to.

It sounds amazing! smile
Posted By: Pariah Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/09/09 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by Pariah

((((Pariah)))) Does he have buttons for eyes?

No, my XW is the only one who has the ability to save me from the looming annihilation, I know she's being deceptive as she is trying to be civil and the solution offered is poison.

The freaking dream is real, I can't escape as everything runs in circles, the gun won't function and I can' get enough runway to get my plane off the ground.

Then I wake up traumatized.

I can feel the wind, the water and smell the salt.
Posted By: MarriedForever Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/09/09 05:31 AM
I'm lost...is this movie really about affairs? Or more the symbolism that can be related to affairs?

I am just in no mood to be seeing anything A-related right now...
Posted By: allemotions Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/09/09 05:54 AM
okay, what is this movie about? I'm a bit worried as my 4 year old daughter was talking about it and that was after the babysitter had cared for her for a day....(yes babysitter is aware of issues going on right now)....what the heck?!?
Posted By: allemotions Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/09/09 06:01 AM
okay, I just saw that this movie came out on DVD on 2/6, so that was after the last time babysitter was here....but she must've seen a preview on tv or something....has there been previews for this movie on tv lately? I haven't seen one, so that's why I ask....From youtube I can tell this is DEFINITELY not PG
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/09/09 06:27 AM
The movie is NOT about affairs, and it is rated PG...

Mrs. W
Posted By: MutedSparkle Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/09/09 04:52 PM
The movie is PG but has some intense scenes that might be a little scary for the younger crowds. It has nothing to do with affairs at all, but everything to do with the complications of generically getting what you've wished for. Could apply to anything.

Posted By: Pariah Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/09/09 05:09 PM
My XW is like Othermother.

She is a trap door spider waiting for her next victim.

Luck for me, I found the key to the door.
Posted By: SIHW Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/09/09 05:25 PM
Unfortunatly even tho DS wants to see this movie I can't go...things with black eyes freak me out....started with the movie event horizon in 1997 and have followed me since....bothered me alot when i made the mistake of seeing signs.....Maybe it's the old saying the eyes are the windows to the soul...and something with black eyes...then doesn't seem to have a soul or is so filled with evil...i dunno i know i just cringed at the preview.
Posted By: pomdbd3 Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/09/09 06:09 PM
So a bad one to take a six year old and two 4 year olds to? I was tempted to take them based on the reviews.

But they do get scared at movies, so I don't want to scare them.

Posted By: MutedSparkle Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/09/09 06:14 PM
It might be. Depends on the child.
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/09/09 06:27 PM
Like I said on your other thread MS, our dd9 was scared, which is downright BIZARRE for her! This is a kid who LIVED to watch The Wizard of Oz when she was only 2! Never batted an eyelash at the Wicked Witch or the Flying Monkeys...So, go figure...confused

Mrs. W
Posted By: MutedSparkle Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/09/09 06:32 PM
Here's a good pre-show test. If the li'l ones can handle The Corpse Bride, then they'll more than likely be able to handle Coraline.

"flying monkeys" PSHAW! smirk grin
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/09/09 06:37 PM
Hey now! When I was a kid, I was terrified of the wicked witch and those stinkin' flyin' monkeys! cry

Mrs. W <~~~A wimp! blush
Posted By: Jen1234 Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/09/09 10:43 PM
HI MS!!! smile

I asked my WH this afternoon if he'd go see it with me, since hearing from MS about it. Doubt he will, but I'll be seeing it myself.

Right now, I don't know if there's anything that will get through his fog.

Oh... and at 31, the flying monkeys STILL freak me out!
Posted By: MutedSparkle Re: Any WS's here see Coraline yet? - 02/09/09 10:53 PM
Yaaaaayy!!! YOU'RE HERE!!!!!!! Please excuse me while I act like a fool because my friend signed up. hurray :crosseyedcrazy: kiss dance2

I'm slowly starting to be able to see through my fog. Not completely out yet, but God knows I'm working at it. NC is nice, actually. Feels good to be able to only have to remember ONE answer for things. wink

YAY JEN1234! WOO HOO!!!
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums