Marriage Builders
Posted By: karmasrose OT: How do I walk her through this? - 01/24/10 11:49 PM
I have a friend who's going to be getting married in May. She balked at this site, saying it was too much work. However, I persevered, getting across the point of ENs, LBs, etc.

How else do I walk her through this? What do I say so as not to scare her off the issue entirely? She seems to be very in love with her fiance, so I want to be sure that she does very well.

She seems very averse to the idea of conforming to this, but I'm trying to get the point across that ENs, minimizing LBs, etc, are important. So what do I recommend/do now?
Posted By: Fred_in_VA Re: OT: How do I walk her through this? - 01/24/10 11:50 PM
Why not buy her a bundle of Dr. Harley's books and give them to her as a (advance) wedding gift?
Posted By: karmasrose Re: OT: How do I walk her through this? - 01/24/10 11:52 PM
That's a great idea! How much are his books anyway? Wait, I'll look them up on Barnes and Noble...
Posted By: saynomore Re: OT: How do I walk her through this? - 01/25/10 12:09 AM
How bout the Bookstore on this site?

God's Blessings,

Say
Posted By: LawfulGood Re: OT: How do I walk her through this? - 01/25/10 12:11 AM
You can lead the horse to water, but you can't make it drink...strike that, I don't think you can even lead that "horse" if it really doesn't want to go...

Case in point: I have four divorced female friends...and all of them are making not to healthy relationship choices right now. Two are basically living with other men and their divorces not any where near final. A third dates anything with two legs and a ___ (clearly on the man-hunt). The fourth is probably handling things the best, but is letting her man LB and walk all over her.

They all talk to me and each other about the mistakes everyone else is making. I keep reminding them all we can do is support, listen and be there when they need us.
Posted By: karmasrose Re: OT: How do I walk her through this? - 01/25/10 12:37 AM
She tells me she told her fiance about this site...and he is "insulted that I wouldn't know my own fiance's needs."

You're right. I'm trying to make the horse see that it's best to drink...
Posted By: saynomore Re: OT: How do I walk her through this? - 01/25/10 01:28 AM
Karma,

I give HNHNs along with a shower or engagement gift. I just tell them that had someone given me that book before I married, it would have made my M better and stronger. I don't offer anything else unless asked. (-:

God's Blessings,

Say
Posted By: bigkahuna Re: OT: How do I walk her through this? - 01/25/10 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by karmasrose
She tells me she told her fiance about this site...and he is "insulted that I wouldn't know my own fiance's needs."

That's a red flag and bodes ill for the future.

If he's not interested NOW in something his fiance thinks might help them, God help them when the shine wears off.
Posted By: karmasrose Re: OT: How do I walk her through this? - 01/25/10 01:43 AM
To be fair, she isn't really very interested in it either...

I BARELY got her to consider ENs.
Posted By: Derrah Re: OT: How do I walk her through this? - 01/25/10 02:05 AM
I agree. You can't "make" someone do anything! We all know that marriage is hard work at times. Perhaps by your telling her about this place, she will remember it when she and her spouse hit a rough patch.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums