Marriage Builders
Posted By: Orchid Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/11/01 06:41 PM
Hi, <P>All here at mb. are a close bunch. Can you please give a check in status and let us know that you are ok? Disclosing your location is optional. But we do have some of the posters from the affected areas and there are many concerned ones out there. <P>Thanks,<BR>L. <BR>
Here and accounted for. I work in Rosslyn (a mile or so from pentagon) but do to strange circumstances I was about 15 minutes later than usual and therefore stuck on the highway (395 for those here) instead of directly in front of it. Ended up going the wrong way (with everybody else) down the HOV lanes. My phone has been out most of the day. My kids and H and I are all home safe. Thank the Lord. I pray for all the victims and their families. <P>It is so hard to try to explain this to the kids. They don't understand why people hate us. I attempted to try to explain...and maybe I'm wrong but this is my take...that some people in other countries don't have the advantage of hearing the whole story, they sometimes only hear what their government wants them to hear...and in some countries, children have to join that country's army and are taken out of school at an early age and don't have the benefit of a good education. And lack of education breeds hatred because you can't embrase what you don't understand.<BR>Kids looked at me like I was looney tooned. Anyway, that's just me trying to make some sort of sense of the hatred...<P>God Bless America.<P>Deb<P>
Posted By: Topie25 Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 02:44 AM
I'm in London, Ontario, Canada (about 2 hours west of Toronto). I have no family or friends in the affected areas. No major threats here. But the outpouring of help is incredible! Most of the local tv stations have been airing the CNN coverage all day today. People have been offerring their homes to those who were on the flights redirected to Canadian airports. Amazing! The blood banks are in full swing too... so that cdns can send some down there. Also, hundreds of paramedics and police are going to N.Y.C. to help (they've been told to pack uniforms and supplies for 5 days).<P>I know I wasn't looking forward to the 1st anniversary of Andrew's passing... but this is NOT the way I wanted my attention diverted. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Karen<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Topie25 (edited September 11, 2001).]
Karen - I'm sorry that you are also dealing with the anniversary of a loved ones death. I tried looking up your history but didn't find a reference in the ones I saw and therefore don't know who Andrew is. Please, if you would like to talk about him, I'm here to listen. <P>I would like to thank the Candadian group here for their support in this unbelievable crisis. It is so so scary. Almost surreal, like a bad movie. Almost all of the schools are closed tomorrow, I guess due to the state of emergency in MD, VA and DC. But the fed gov is open...I think that the Government being open is a good show to the rest of the world...like you can't shut us down or scare us, but I worry for the safety of the people. What is more important? I can't even begin to think about what the people in charge have before them tonight... <P>God Bless America<P>Deb<BR>
Posted By: 2worlds Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 02:59 AM
Although I am new here, I thought I would post. My family is fine, we live on the east coast. I have a friend who is personally affected because a friend of hers was on the first flight. Also, the man that was able to get through on his cell phone from one of the hi-jacked plane, was a local man's son. He said his son told him they were hi-jacked, they have knives, and they stabbed a flight attendent. Then, the line went dead. <P>Unbelievable. <shaking head>
What completely freaks me out, is HOW, in FOUR different airports, could people get through with weapons that could end with a hijacking? FOUR different airports. Have you flown lately? Do you know how tight security is? What has to be done? Strip searches or what?? It is sooo sooo scary.<P>2Worlds - I am so sorry for your friend. You have the hair standing up on my arms. I can't even imagine.<P>God Bless America.<P>Deb<BR>
Posted By: after shock Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 03:05 AM
Someone wanted this topic seen - huh?<P>Checking in from the west coast . Me, H, and kids are alright here. Really, really horrible day, just like OKC bombing, the burning of LA. I feel for our nation and for all the victims and their families - this is going to touch alot of our lives. I know there will be someone who knows someone who perished in the carnage of this horrible deed. The US is a wonderful institution, it is horrible that anyone would want to cause mass destruction like that. I just can't believe the images of today, I pray for everyone involved. aftershock
I'm here. Visiting my parents in Virginia. We are about 1hr from the Pentagon. I was planning on flying out today to get back home (Germany). I took my luggage outside and came back in. I turned on the television and could not believe my eyes.<P>I watched in horror and amazement. Then an hour later, went to bring my luggage back inside. Doesn't look like I will be flying home anytime soon. <P>Had to call my H who told me that all the bases overseas are on lock down and full alert. I'd rather be there than here is all I could feel. This is so very sad. Those people....... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Clouds <BR>
Posted By: Terrified Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 03:22 AM
I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada not too far from Topie25. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you and your loved ones to keep you safe. I, along with many other Canadians today, also mourn the loss of so many innocent people. <P>
Posted By: Raskal Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 03:25 AM
This is a great idea, Orchid. Thank you. I'm okay and all my loved ones are okay. Prayers to all. <P>This makes me cry. I'm sorry. This really is horrible.
WAT? OOOO? Cmon, check in...
Posted By: MEDIC238 Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 04:03 AM
Well,<P>Gina, JJ and I am ok as is most of PA. Being 60 miles west of NY was kind of frightening today. We [the ambulance service] were put on standby to possibly be mobilized to assist in the rescue efforts of the disaster that occured today. It appears that the National Guard and other EMS/Fire services will be adequate. Still can't believe the events of today.<P>Thanks for asking.
Posted By: Raskal Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 04:13 AM
I was wondering about you and Gina, Tim. I knew you were close, but not realize that close. Prayers to you and yours.
Posted By: cleopatra Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 04:19 AM
I emailed WAT earlier today and he is fine.<BR>I live in the south and the government completely shut down today.
Posted By: *Cali* Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 04:32 AM
Thanks Orchid...I've been wondering all day...this is the first time today I have been able to get through...<P>As you know I am in Cali...but brother-in-law works as a lawyer in the Bronx...He is fine...could see destruction from the courthouse, though...<P>In prayer,<P>Marsha
I'm here in the South. Everyone in our family is fine.
Posted By: Orchid Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 05:02 AM
Sorry for the multiple posts. Kept getting booted out.<P>Thanks for your status replies. Now where is Zen? Any other NY, DC, PA people?<P>L.
Posted By: *Cali* Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 05:04 AM
Yeah, I was wondering about ScaredinNY...think I have her email...I'll try that...<P>Cali<P>------------------<BR><I>Live Impeccably In Your Word.<BR>Don't Take Anything Personally.<BR>Make No Assumptions.<BR>Do Your Best Always. </I>
Posted By: Zorweb Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 05:07 AM
STL, the kids and I are all ok. We are in NM so we are very far physically from this terrible tragedy. STL's mom was not able to get to her 50th high school reunion today because of the grounded air traffic. But all I care about is that she is well. <P>I have a nephew who works in a building next to the World Trade Center. He did not feel well so did not go to work today. Fate is a very strange thing is it not?<P>This is very close to STL and me as we have relatives in NY and the DC area. Until last May STL worked in downtown DC. I was stationed at the Pentagon when I was in the Army.<P>But like all Americans we are affected because this is our country and we have been attacked. The terror is unbelievable. I guess this only goes to prove that evil is only limited by the resources available. <P>May God save our country and our world.<P>Z<BR>
Posted By: terri Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 05:11 AM
I'm here and ok... we are about 2-3 hours north of NYC, but being on the Hudson river, everyone was a little bit nervous. I work at a college and we were told that they might be closing the bridges on the Hudson river and that anyone who lived on the other side should go home. I was considering that when a moment later they announced that the college was closing. One of our deans was actually outside directing traffic.<P>A lot of people here have relatives and friends in NYC... My 2 BIL's drive truck and often deliver in NYC, but I found out that they were both accounted for and ok. My parents were near the Canadian border in Washington State, and they called us, so all of my immediate family has been accounted for. Unfortunately, I don't know about some of my husband's relatives - he has cousins downstate. Although they live on Long Island, I know that one or more of them works in Manhattan.<P>It's horrible - we are far enough away to be unaffected, but close enough to be very scared.<P>I do find it interesting that the FBI has found a connection between one of the passengers and the terrorist organization suspected of this attack - and that there is an apparent connection as well to Daytona Beach - where my husband and the slug are living!<P>------------------<BR>terri<BR><B>Courage</B><P>Whatever course you decide upon,<BR>there is always someone to tell you<BR>that you are wrong.<P>There are always difficulties arising<BR>which tempt you to believe that your <BR>critics are right.<P>To map out a course of action <BR>and follow it to an end <BR>requires courage.<P><I>Ralph Waldo Emerson</I>
Good idea Orchid... I'm not far from LA. LAX and many city streets are closed and all courts and county bldgs. will be closed today. Schools are open. Some employees from my company (Boeing) were killed in one of the plane crashes. That's all I know so far. The phones have been down on east coast, so perhaps that could be affecting people's ability to get online to check in? Just a guess?
Posted By: Indecision Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 08:54 AM
Still here. Saying a prayer for those who need it more than me now. Looks like I won't be on any business trips anytime soon.
Posted By: KID Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 10:12 AM
Hi all-<P>I am in PA--about 60miles north of where the Pittsbugh plane went down. As a nurse we were all alerted to the possiblity of having to go into work to help out. No family in any of the general areas. Have a nephew who is in the military and he was able to call his folks just to let them know where he was. They are of course as the media says on the highest alert. Prayers go out to all. <BR>God bless them and our country!!!
Posted By: Elad Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 11:21 AM
Hi all...<P>My W and I start counseling today...somehow it seems a much smaller thing than it did yesterday at this time.<P>Good luck to all who may have had family involved.<P>E
Posted By: BrambleRose Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 12:38 PM
I'm here - asking for prayers for my boss however, who works and lives in manahatten with his many other family members. I have been unable to contact him.<P>------------------<BR><I>Pain is a given, misery is optional.</I>
Posted By: Bgentle Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 12:44 PM
We are fine, but I nearly took all kids out of school. We wondered about evacuation for a little while, because we live near a depot of nerve gas that the army has not figured out how to get rid of. If that had all been released, well...
Posted By: worthatry Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 12:50 PM
Finally checking in. We're in the DC burbs in Maryland. We are fine. My gov't office complex is in Rockville, 12 -15 miles from the Pentagon, but the tallest structure for miles around. We were evaculated pretty soon. Since we have the word "nuclear" in our name, we're always afraid some nut may think he can blow up the world by blowing up our building, but there's nothing remotely harmful here. <P>Military jets and helicoptors were all around yesterday afternoon. Today (Wed.) schools are closed, but all gov't offices open.<P>I broke Plan B yesterday and contacted W who works in an area hospital to let her know I had tabs on <son> and would get him from school - they dismissed early - knowing she would likely be unable to leave, even if she could get thru the traffic. I offered to be available for anything she might need from me in case she ended up stuck there for days. In times of crisis beyond our control, compassion should be expected.<P>SKM?<P>WAT
Posted By: Husband2you Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 01:11 PM
I'm fine boys are fine, in Houston of course. W is having problems with OM, SC are okay.<P>I have a 'Step'Aunt whose husband works in the WTC.. haven't heard anything yet. I barely know them.. and I'm only worried about my Stepdad, worrying about his sister.<P>------------------<BR>Semper Fi,<P><B>Husband2You</B><BR>«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»<BR><I>···In the valley of the blind the one eye'd man is King···</I><P>· E-mail: <B> husband2you@petroleum.org </B> · ICQ: <B><A HREF="http://wwp.icq.com/1206499" TARGET=_blank>1206499</A></B> · Formerly: <B>E m p t y</B> ·
Posted By: cherise Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 01:18 PM
Orchid, Doing okay here, family and friends all well, gave blood yesterday though, would like to remind everyone the red cross is asking for blood and money donations.
Posted By: ela611 Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 01:28 PM
I'm here and my family and friends are fine. I live about 45 minutes away from where the plane crashed in Somerset.<P>My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone.
Posted By: Nina too Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 01:28 PM
Orchid, this thread is a really good idea. I have been wondering how my friends are over in D/D, so I borrowed your idea. I hope you don't mind.<P>Jacky
Posted By: jdmac1 Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 01:34 PM
I'm here.<P> jd
Posted By: silwl Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 01:36 PM
The family and I are fine, live on the west coast. OM is from NYC and has family there now. Make for some very confusing feeling and for a very hard day and days to come. My prayers to all.<P>silwl
Posted By: JenniJ Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 01:50 PM
I live in the DC area. H works in the Pentagon, but was not there yesterday. Thank God. Had a scary few hours until I heard from him. I am a teacher and had to deal with frightened children all day. Unfortuntately, due to our proximity to DC, some of our students had parents who were killed. I pray for us all.... Pray for wisdom of our leaders and the suffering of so many....
I'm here in the middle of fly-over country. The kids and I had a real quiet moment late yesterday when the oldest looked up and said that he didn't see any planes flying overhead. We can always count on seeing aircraft or their comtrails. We just got quiet all over again and the sadness came back to me. Good thing we could get back to the kickball game so we could keep our perspective. Somehow, they managed to beat me by one run. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] They enjoyed that. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>SG
Posted By: Faith1 Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 03:08 PM
I'm here, and I'm fine. No family or connections in the affected areas.<P>I'll do a quick check-in for GodlyMan as well. I heard from him on e-mail. He's out of the country on business, and will be delayed coming home because of all this. So keep him in your thoughts and prayers in his traveling.
Posted By: MissingHer Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 03:25 PM
Here and accounted for...<BR>So is ConfusedHeart, we are in the West and alive and kicking.<BR>
Posted By: MomRat Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 03:48 PM
I'm here in SW MO. No friends or family on East coast but doesn't make me feel any less sad or just completly numb. As the mother of 5 I feel especially for all the children who went to sleep last night knowing they had lost a mother or father or both. Really makes my problems seem so insignificant at this point. God bless all of you.
Posted By: mthrrhbard Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 03:51 PM
On the west coast,everyone in my family is fine. My 8yo daughter has a classmate who's cousin was on one of the planes that crashed. Also, a teacher's aide at her school lost two sons on another one of the planes. Amazing how we can be physically so far from the tragedy yet still be effected so deeply. God's blessings to everyone!
Posted By: abovewater Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 03:59 PM
I'm checking in from Delaware. Everyone here is fine although we have the misfortune of being sandwiched in the middle of a lot of the targets yesterday. I'm glad that Americans are pulling together as a Nation to support and pray for the victims and their families. My husband is Lieutenant in the Fire Department here and they are calling for volunteers to go to NY. Not sure if he will be one of them yet. Prayers to all.
Posted By: hurtbyhubby Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 04:17 PM
I'm here. My best friend lives 15 miles from the pentagon and she said they could hear the "booms". <P>I finally got through to her yesterday and she and her family are fine. However, she has alot of friends that work at the pentagon and she was currently taking care of a 2-month old.<P>She didn't even know the kids name. The father came to see her hysterical because his wife worked at the pentagon and he hadn't heard from her (neighbors that you know, but don't really know). He was going to go look for his wife and needed someone to watch his kid until the grandfather could drive down...<P>I haven't been able to get through to find out what happened yet. I just pray that God look out for everyone and their families that were involved in that tragedy. It makes me so happy that they were able to pull at least some people out of the rubble last night. I hope and pray they will find some more today.<P>HbH
Myself, H and sons are all fine up here in Toronto. My heart is with America now. If we could all only curl up with our familys now and hold on tight.<P>Take care.
Posted By: SKM Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 04:31 PM
Hi, checking in. My H and I work about 3-4 blocks from the White house, and we, too were evacuated fairly early - though we couldn't actually leave the city until 1:30.<P>We both stayed home from work - just simply because I could not focus on anything else but the terrible loss of life. Fortunately, I brought home work with me - enough for two days, so I am telecommuting from home. So, yes, the government is still operating.<P>I used to work for the Corps of Engineers many years ago and they had offices in the Pentagon. I visited there many times during those years, and just pray for the lives of former colleagues, their families, and for all of the hardworking people in that building, that serve our country everyday.<P>My heart absolutely bleeds for the people of NY city, and the innocent people who died on the planes. They are saying that - possibly - the fourth plane was headed either to Camp David or another target in DC - maybe even the White House. Though we do not know where they were headed, there is speculation that perhaps the people on-board prevented the target from reaching its destination. If that is the case, I probably my owe my life to those people.<P>I pray for our country, I pray for our President, and I pray for the victims and their families.
Posted By: Bad Hubby Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 04:42 PM
Here and ok. My prayers to those who are suffereing a loss of loved ones because of this tradegy.<BR>
Posted By: Free2BMe Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/13/01 05:23 AM
Checking in... I live in upstate NY (4 hours from NYC). I work on a military installation as does my H and exH (3 different sites). I have not been affected directly, but am stunned along with you all. We are all on call and high alert.<P>I have talked with Discovery2000 and she's about an hour north of me.<P>My prayers for everyone!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: shedawg Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/13/01 05:47 AM
I'm alive and kicking over here but feeling a tad quilty. My H is military and due home in three days after having been gone for the last 6 months and as tragic as this is all I can seem to think is just don't let it interfer with my H coming home again. HOw selfish of me I'm sure.<BR>I'm prepared for dealing with him not being able to come home, I've stopped counting the days with my kids just in case but I can't help but want him home first.<BR>My prayers to everyone.
Posted By: jeffers Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/13/01 05:51 AM
I live in the South but am stuck in Palo Alto right now. I don't know when I'll be able to get home. <P>My 8 yo daughter has been wondering how close New York was to home and me. Mom assured her I was all right (I was supposed to be on a plane yesterday). D had to locate everything on a map to be reassured we all were safe.<P>My heart goes out to those who were really in danger.<P>Jeffers
Posted By: ScaredInNY Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 06:54 PM
Hi everyone!! I got an email from Cali earlier asking me to stop and check in, I haven't even had time to stop and look here in a long time, so sorry! <P>Well, I'm here, and I'm just fine, and no of no one personally who was involved in the disaster thank goodness! I'm a good 5-6 hours from there in fact, this is a much larger state than alot of people realize who are not here. Thank you all for your concern, and I do hope that all our MB family is ok and safe.<P>NY
Posted By: SEM Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 07:40 PM
Hi everyone, Keep Smiling and I are still here in Denver, Just felt I should check in as well. I had a really rough day yesterday, with all this news. I learned of 3 more As. So I am having mixed feelings, I feel bad that I am thinking so much about myself and our marriage, while so many people across our country are dealing with much worse. <P>I was also sent home due to my mental state with the As while they called every Officer in to work 12 to 14 hour shifts. I felt like I let all my fellow Officers down, I am so glad nothing happened that they would have needed me. I would have gone back in if something happened but it doesn't make me feel anybetter. <P>It was very strang not seeing or hearing planes fly over last night, I live between two airports. The only planes we heard or saw were Airforce jets flying over, last night, very strang feeling.
Posted By: LAD Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 07:46 PM
I am here and calmer today. Son flew out of NY all last week (NY to LA) and didn't know when he was off after that. He called early and said he was OK and in Atlantic City. My thoughts go out to anyone in that area and families directly affected. LAD
Posted By: louser Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 08:16 PM
Lisa here.<P>Have lots of relatives in NY., but so far no bad news. H was able to get through to his best friend on his cell who was working in Manhattan...friend lost several co-workers...<P>The eeriest part is that the 2 planes leaving Boston had to fly right over my house.<P>We have a long road ahead. My blessings & prayers to all.
Posted By: OneDay_dup1 Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 08:48 PM
I am also Canadian and cannot express how shocked and saddened I am for our neighbours to the south and for the entire global village. Yesterday, the world as I knew it changed so fundamentally that it will never be the same to me again. I send my sympathies to everyone that has been touched by these horrors.<P>I have close family in the U.S. who are all accounted for and safe. I am sorry that there are families who cannot breathe a sigh of relief.
Posted By: Pahakissa1 Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 09:18 PM
We live near Boston but Tony's sister lives near the World Trade Towers in NYC. It took us till late afternoon early evening before we could reach her. Thank God they are ok. They were in the process of getting ready for work when the first plane hit. They heard the noise and ran out to see what happened. She said all they could see was smoke and people running towards them. <P>Meg said that everything in her neighborhood was shut down. Only a couple of Mom and Pop type stores were opened. I am so greatful now that they live in the old part of the downtown on the other side of Cannal. They could have been seriously injured. They could not get out of the city even if they had wanted to come up here. They shut down all the subways, bridges, and trains. <P>Today Logan and Boston are taking a beating on how lax security was and how many disidants live in the Boston area. A few months ago a local news agency did a report on how easy it is to gain access to restricted areas. This is an issue that Logan knew about and choose to do nothing. I have heard reports from people that work at the airport how easy it was to even just hop of the fence. Not sure what is going to happen. Right now all the vehicles are being removed and Logan has to do about 200 things before it can re-open. It is a shame that if they had improved security this might not have happened.<BR>
Posted By: maggierose Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 09:35 PM
Hi, I am safe in the MIdwest. After the awful terrorist events, I feel like my problems are very small and manageable. I'm trying to rebuild trust, slowly. I wish everybody well.
Hi,<P>I am in NC, have a sister in MD and she said the state of MD is shut down. Prayers go out to all.
Posted By: fishlady Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 11:28 PM
I'm originally from NY, 15 miles outside city, but now down south. I live near a major military base and things there are pretty frightening. <P>Have lot's of friends and family working in the city. So far, all accounted for. However, no one knows for sure how many through the grapevine.<P>I offer sympathy and support to all the victims and their families. This is an awful tragedy for all of us and we will forever be changed.<P>
Posted By: Sad Sally Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/12/01 11:39 PM
Hi I am on Long Island N.Y. about an hour from manhattan, We are all okay. H is helping, he is a cop. Waiting and praying for people trapped hoping for a miracle. God bless America Love Sally
Posted By: Mad Season Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/13/01 01:16 AM
OK here in MD. Prayers and positive thoughts going out for all. God Bless.
Posted By: Xman Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/13/01 01:24 AM
We're fine.....but my next door neighbor (a widow, who lives alone) works in the Pentagon and didn't call us until 10:00 pm last night.....we were worried sick! She was sitting in a hotel bar in Crystal City sipping a Martini!<BR>I read her the Riot Act!<P>Prayers for the untold thousands of people who still don't know the fate of their loved ones.....<P>Xman
Posted By: faith4us Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/13/01 01:25 AM
Hi Everyone,<BR>We had another prayer vigil at church this evening....we are all OK....I live in the south...my prayers go out to all the families who have lost loved ones as well as all the people who have loved ones assisting with the recuse efforts both in Washington and NY....God Bless America and I pray that the people of this great nation will come together and realize that they must get on their knees and pray to God to deliver us from these attacks!! Wake up call everyone.....<BR>On a personal note....I haven't been posting lately....H is still at home but for how long, I really don't know....no real improvement in our situtation.....he is still not committed to saving the marriage so I don't have much hope anymore....wish I had better news....still won't move away from OW at work.....same old story....<P>------------------<BR>always-faith4us
Posted By: Alberta Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/13/01 01:48 AM
Far away from the attacks here in Calgary,and it has been eerily quiet at my house. We live near the airport and usually have planes flying over regularly. We can watch planes land and take off from our back window. It's so odd to look out over to the airport and see all the jets sitting on the tarmac.<P>We clearly have a new world to live in, and my heart goes out to everyone affected by these cowardly and evil acts of terrorism. God Bless the free world!
Posted By: tootrusting Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/13/01 02:35 AM
Fine here in the South, but spent all day yesterday attempting to locate family members in the DC area. The closest relative that happens to live in Arlington area was away!!! with wife and kids. All others OK.... but one family member in Manhattan...but is OK. Didn't even know he was there.<P>STBX's cousin is a firefighter in manhattan who happened to be off...yesterday so wasn't the first line. He was called in quickly though and was expected to return home this afternoon to sleep 24 and return.<P>I also pray for wisdom for our leaders...and for courage and perserverance, and of course safety for the firefighters and others at the scene.<P>Clearly, this puts many things into perspective.<P>All three children slept with me last night. My 1o year old was uneasy when we saw the "exhaust trail" of a plane overhead this evening. I told him it could be a plane with supplies like blood!!!!<P>We will never look at the sky the same way again.<P>
Did Canada also shut down flights? I hadn't heard that on the news. What scares me, is that we are now coming up with all these ideas for security in the US...but what about flights originating in other countries? Have you heard anything about Canada also stepping up on security issues?
I am here. <BR>Don't want to bore all with details since I haven't been around much. Though it would be nice to get a single "glad to see you're alive" since I used to be a regular and I live and work near the Pentagon.<P>[This message has been edited by HurtButCoping (edited September 14, 2001).]<p>[This message has been edited by HurtButCoping (edited September 14, 2001).]
Posted By: Alberta Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/13/01 03:58 AM
It didn't take long for all flights to be cancelled here and just had planes that had been diverted from the US landing for awhile.<BR>A Korean jet was escorted by the military to the Whitehorse Yukon airport yesterday morning as the pilot had hit some emergency button and of course every precaution was taken. However, it was a fuel emergency as he needed a place to land rather than a hijacking. (thank goodness) <P>Some flights will resume tomorrow morning here in Calgary, but they are warning folks that security checks will be long and thorough. <P>Security at the borders will be tight, especially in light of the news that some of the terrorists may have made their way into the US from Nova Scotia!<P>
Posted By: daybreak Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/13/01 04:06 AM
here in SD and fine, talked with in laws last night, they live in b<BR>brooklyn and MIL and SIL work in Manhatten.<P>Thoughts and prayers to all, Dawn
Posted By: arthur1234 Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/13/01 12:19 PM
just checking in.<P>not much to report.
present
Posted By: trueheart Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/13/01 02:12 PM
Checkin in...safe here, but some family and friends in NY and Boston areas. <P>Hang in there USA!!<P>Trueheart
Posted By: Khyra Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/13/01 03:08 PM
We live about an hour's drive from Sommerset County. We did not hear, see or feel an explosion. Only in our hearts. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] We are both devastated beyond words, and saddened well past tears.<P>H is in a Mechanized Infantry Unit in the Army Nation Guard. He has about 12 yrs in Active Duty Army. I have two years active and about 5 yrs of reserve/guard combined. I am also a nurse, and have worked in the ER for a total of almost 4 yrs. We are itching to go and help. In fact I TOLD my H I am going soon to NYC to help, but he is too worried about my safety to agree to me going. (POJA time in this house!) <P>There is so much I could to and I am severely bothered by the fact that I am doing basically nothing but talking and typing this useless post. But, I do have faith that those who are there are doing an excellent job, both at the Pentagon and in NYC. I just know that they are tired, emotionally and physically and they need relief. <P>I don't know what else to say, except that I hope with all my heart that no one here at MB nor their loved ones have been a direct casualty of this evil deed. I'm not much at praying, but I do pray for all in this wonderful, beautiful and strong nation of ours - <BR>especially those who are still alive, but dead inside for having lost a loved one; <P>for those who are giving all they can - even their OWN lives to help those who may still be alive, and to give proper respect to the bodies of thise who are not; <P>to the leaders of our great nation to make the right decsions in the face of this catastrophy; <P>and for us as a nation to band together in love and support as brothers and sisters of a nation that may be wounded but even in the face of the cowardice of evil hearts <B>STILL STANDS STRONG AND PROUD!</B><P>Sincerely,<P>Khyra<P> <p>[This message has been edited by Khyra (edited September 13, 2001).]
I'm here. I'm so numb from my marriage break-up that I have hardly cried at all about what has happened, although I have prayed several times. 6 months ago, this would have brought continuous tears from my eyes. I feel very hard-hearted right now, and I don't like the feeling.<P>I will focus my energy on praying for those families affected, instead of dealing with my own problems.<P>God bless you all, and America!<P>Love,<BR>TIG
Posted By: Positive Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/13/01 06:07 PM
Have a brother that flies for on of the Airlines involved, he is ok.<P>from SoCal.
Posted By: GeezLouise Re: Can we have a quick member check-in? - 09/14/01 01:55 AM
Better late than never, eh? Very well in the physical sense yet mentally overwrought. Baltimore being sandwiched in between DC and NYC is on emergency state of alert. Lots of government offices and personnel reside within Maryland's borders. Three MD buildings have been named as possible terrorist targets --- Annapolis State Building, Andrew's Air Force Base and the Baltimore Inner Harbor's World Trade Center. Ooooops.......lets not forget a fourth target --- Camp David in Thurmont, MD which was a possible destination of the crashed plane in neighboring PA.<P>------------------<BR><B>Time heals all wounds as long as you DON'T pick at them!</B><p>[This message has been edited by GeezLouise (edited September 13, 2001).]
© Marriage Builders® Forums