Marriage Builders
My goal is to be positive, upbeat and happy. I also plan to share this, because we all need to be happy about something. Maybe our marriages are crappy, in trouble, over. We can still found a smile somewhere, and for most of us this is through our children.<P>I am going to post some of the cute things my kids have done and throughout the day I will add stories. <P>Post your stories and lets laugh together.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
My 10 year-old son was upset at me because he was restricted off the Nintendo for not putting his backpack, shoes, and other various school stuff away after school. I told him he had broken a rule.<P>He looked at me with his hands on his hips and said "You don't have rules, you just have a lot of ways to get me in trouble!!!" [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
My 3 year-old daughter wanted to go outside while I was watering the grass. We had somewhere to go so I told her "Don't get wet and don't get in the mud, just play on the patio".<P>I looked out only a few moments latter and she was covered in mud.<P>I asked her how she got so muddy. She said "Well Mommy, it's muddy in the mud".<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
When my son was about 1 1/2 to 2, he had the habit of holding my face in his hands when he wanted to talk to me. He would want to put his little hands on each of my cheeks, get real close to my face, look me in the eyes before he would say something.<P>One day he came up to me with his hands up int he air so I knew what he wanted. I knelt down, he put his hands on my cheeks, looked me in the eyes and said "Mommy, I have syrup all over my hands". <P>When he tried to remove his hands from my cheeks I was sure he was right.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
my son was singing along with a song on the radio. The words said "I wanna see my Savior face-to-face" but Alex thought it said "I wanna see my Savior's tasty face"....<BR>cracked me up! Out of the mouths of babes...
A while back, my daughter had bought a bottle of car wax for her truck and set it on the kitchen counter. My grandson saw it, and said, "Ooh! New bubble bath!" My daughter said, "No, it's car wax. Put it back on the counter." After supper, she put him in the tub and started cleaning up the kitchen. Her son came into the kitchen (stark naked, of course) and said, "Mommy, my new bubble bath didn't make bubbles." She was puzzled for a moment, until she realized that the car wax was missing from the kitchen counter. She said, "Shawn!! What did I tell you about that car wax??!!!"<P>He replied, "You told me to put it back on the counter......but, I didn't hear you, Mommy!"<P>LOL!!
When my son was 4 years old his Sunday School Class was talking about what they wanted to be when they grow up and why. His teacher happened to be the Preacher's Wife.<P>When he was asked he immediately said "I want to be a preacher". Of course she was thrilled and said "Oh really, tell the class why". <P>He said "Because I want to get paid to talk".<P>:0
I know you are wanting cute stuff little kids say, but this is from my 19 year old son just recently and I had to smile. We were talking about something and I was bringing up "what if's" to him...he said, "MOM, if IF was a skiff, we would take a boat ride!!!".<P>Wise beyond years, huh?
This isn't something my kids said or did, but are some short phrases my H and I came up with to describe each of our kids to a T. (in better times, of course)<P>Nathan...9 years old, the baby-he's funny, mischevious, and generally into EVERYTHING. His motto is "It's better to ask forgiveness than permission."<P>Aislinn...my beautiful 10 year old daughter. She's artistice, dreamy and idealistic. Her motto is "Don't worry, be happy." [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>And then there's Daniel. My 13 year son. He's intelligent, perfectionistic, clutzy (13 you know), with a dry sense of humor. His motto is, "We're doomed!"<P>I think those little quips perfectly describe each one. <BR><P>------------------<BR>Blessed be.<BR>****************<BR>Keridwen<P>Keridwen_7@yahoo.com
An acquaintance was dealing with sibling rivelry between her two sons. She sat the older boy down and gave him the typical "If you don't have anything nice to say about your brother, then don't say anything at all" talk.<P>He then replied with a sigh "Well then Mom, I have nothing to say about my brother!"
My 10 yearold son has only lost 8 teeth. We are waiting for him to lose some more so we can start braces.<P>We were talking about this at the table at dinner one night and I voiced my concern that he is so late losing his teeth.<P>He said "Don't worry Mom, ya'll all know I'm a Slow Loser". <P>We all stopped, looked around and couldn't help but to burst out laughing. My 12 year old son jumped all over it and constantly teases him about being a "Slow Loser".
My 5 yearold daughter announced the other day that when she grows up she wants be a "Grown-up".<BR>
My H had a vasectomy when my oldest son was 9. When I picked my son up from school I warned him that he needed to be very quiet when he got home because his daddy had a surgery and needed to sleep. My son of course asked what the surgery was and so wanting to be totally honest with him I told him that he had a surgery to keep us from having any more babies.<P>My son got really mad and said "YOU HAD MY DADDY NEUTERED!!!"
I help teach a kids Bible study at our church.<BR>My favorite:<P>"...and lead us not into temptation,<BR>but deliver us some email."<P><P>------------------<BR>Prayer doesn't change things for you - it changes you for things.<P>
I love the story about the little boy that was at Church and the were singing the song that goes "And He walks with me and He talks with me and He tells me I am his own..." I think it is called "I Walk Through The Garden Alone"<P>The little boy looks puzzled and says to his Mom "Who's Andy?"
This one is kind of long.<P>When my boys were smaller we had the typical problem of who says the prayer, who gets to use the special plate, glass, whatever...Who gets to get in the car first "ME FIRST-ME FIRST" Ya'll know what I'm talking about.<P>We decided to make it a rule that the kids had their "DAY" Even (dates) was for Steven (about 6 years old) and Odd was for Michael (The younger about 4) (no connection intended there [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]).<P>One Sunday morning (On Michael's Day) my little Michael was having a terrible time. He misbehaved at breakfast, wouldn't get dressed, hit his brother, you name it he did it.<P>Then Steven had enough and decided to hop in the car first. Michael went balistic and hit him with the seatbelt bruising Steven's face while screaming "It's MY DAY".<P>That was the last straw, so my H and decided to punish him by taking away his "Day" away and giving it to Daddy. This was devestating to Michael because his "Day" was very important to him.<P>About halfway through Sunday School we heard Michael screaming from his class. (Not like him at all) I figured he was hurt due to the intensity of his screams and ran to his classroom. I reached the door just as his teacher was coming out the door with a look of horror on her face.<P>She kept saying over and over, "I don't know what happened". Then she said "All I said was that Sunday is the the Lord's Day and he started screaming and then started saying 'No No NO it's my day it's my day, first you give it to Daddy now you want to give it to the Lord!!!'".
Once when our youngest was about 3 years old, he was playing in the neighbourhood park/playground with a bunch of kids a few years older. The mums were all standing around chatting while the kids dug in the dirt and huddled together. Suddenly we heard a lot of fussing in the circle of kids. The kids were yelling "yucks" and "gross". One little boy started jumping up and down screaming "he did it! he did it! He ate the worm!" Well, all the mums immediately looked at me, as my little guy was the only one young enough to do such a thing. Red-faced I headed over to the commotion. <P>I asked him "you didn't really eat a worm did you?" (praying that the answer was no, but of course knowing it wasn't). He looked up at me and said with such a serious face "Oh, no, Mummy! I wouldn't ever eat a worm! I just licked it!"<P>I later figured out that he thought I would be upset to think he HURT the worm by eating it - of course, licking it would be perfectly fine. <BR>
When my son was very young he decided he wanted an imaginary friend, but didn't know how to get one.<P>Then he was very concerned that his imaginary friend, if he could find one wouldn't like him.<P>My middle boy had an imaginary friend that flew around in a Plopbuster (crop duster). He would ask me to take him to the "imaginated toystore to get imaginated toys for his imaginated friend".
Well recently my three year old son broke his arm....he was climbing on the clothes "hampster" and fell off!!! I had to laugh!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]<p>[This message has been edited by avance (edited February 24, 2000).]
My three year old astounds me with her vocabulary...Her favorite saying is "Hey, I have a really good idea" then tells what ever it is she has on her mind...usualy it is a pretty good idea...<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>
Ok, Right before my son turned 18 we were in Sunday School class when we heard a bunch of noise and comotion outside our room.<P>Some of the other class members came in and said "We need to pray for the youth pastor and one of the teens, they each just ate a live goldfish!"<P>Guess who the teen was , yep it was son.<P>I never let either of them live it down !<P>ick, my baby ate a live fish!<P>------------------<BR>Just call me - Deb<BR>------------------------<BR>The only day I can do anything about is today, yesterday is gone, tomorrow is not yet mine.<P>
I work in a church Pre-School with 2 yr. olds<P>Wed. one of the little girls picked up some gum balls,( those are seeds from a tree here,<BR>they are round and stickie about the size of a large chewing gum ball.)<P>She handed them to one of the other teachers and told her to hold them for her, she was going<BR>to take them home to her Mom so she could make Gumbo. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>------------------<BR>Peg
My 5 year old daughter looks maybe 3 1/2. She is very small and petite.<P>This is her first year of T-Ball and she is the littlest on the team.<P>She was so excited when she found out the color of their uniform was red, so she could get her fingernail polish to match.<P>Right in the middle of practice last night she stopped, picked a little purple flower, ran off the field and gave it to me.<P>I wanted to chuckle and cry at the same time
When my oldest son was learning about the 10 commandments (about 4 or 5), he told his teacher that one of them was "Do unto others as they want them to do to them"<P>He said that is why he didn't feel that he needed to treat his little brother good, because the way his little brother treated him must mean he must like being treated very rotten.<P>He said "You see, I'm just doing what Michael wants"
You never know what a kid will say. My just-turned 5 year old boy walks right up to the hostess at the restaurant the other night and tells her, "My mommy has a baby in her tummy." Then I get all the congratulations and stuff.<P>My 2 1/2 year old daughter has been asking to go on an airplane again since we went last October. We are going today, she will love it. I kept telling her we would go when she's 3, since she would ask EVERY time she sees one. So in response to this trip she said, "I'm not free".
When my H was in the Navy I would fly home to Texas to visit family fairly regularly and almost always by myself with however many kids I had at the time.<P>When my oldest was about 20 months old I was pregnant and very sick with my second son. We were trying to fly back to New York from Chicago where we had transferred after a long layover. There was a bad storm and we sat on the runway for almost 2 yours. <P>I was nauseous and Steven was very fretful and getting worse by the moment.<P>I had an isle seat so that I could move better. During our meal, when the stewardess had just passed our seat, my son reached over and pinched her right on the behind. She jumped, just about dropped the plate she was serving, turned around ready to "kill" just to see the big blue-eyed grinning face of my son. He just belly-laughed and so did everyone else around. It took the Stewardess a little longer to laugh about it.
I was at the mall yesterday looking for my daughter some shoes.<P>There was another lady with a little boy about 3 may close to 4. <P>She was wrestling with the little boy trying to get him to try on a pair of dress shoes and the boy was not cooperating.<P>The went round and round and she finally got the shoes on the boy then went through the same thing all over again to get him to stand up and still to check the size.<P>She asked him "Where are your toes" and he looked at her with a totally unbeliving look and said "Mom, there in the shoes".
A few years ago when my son was playing soccer for the first time and I was helping "coach" the team. I was in the back with two little girls that were playing defender positions.<P>I had a little problem with their concentration on the game. They were both busy showing each other their new underwear.
I was at a Super Bowl party with some friends back in Jan when my friend's 3 yo daughter asked me if I was ever going to get married again. I told her probably and she replied she knew who I could marry. I assumed it would be her and when I said her, she said no. She said I could marry her mommy ! Her mommy is already married to my friend.
When my oldest son was 2 (he's 10 now), we started potty training him. We live in the country and so basically he peed wherever, when the urge hit him (outside of course).<P>One day he took off running out the door and started peeing beside our carport. Just then the man reading meters pulled in our driveway. Kyle just looked up, smiled and waved and kept on peeing. No modesty whatsoever!
I have very fine blondish hair. It is wavey and goes every direction on a humid day.<P>My daugher has the same color hair as I do, but it is completely straight, won't curl no matter what and silky, shiney.<P>One day (when she was between 3 and 4) she was on my lap and reached up and felt my hair, then felt hers then mine again. <BR>She got a puzzled look on her face and said, I have hair, why do you have feathers?
My 11 year old is very dramatic, she loves costumes, makeup, props, etc. Yesterday I found a pair of white dress gloves and gave them to her. This morning I had Diana Ross in the house singing & performing with actions "Stop, in the name of love." Last week she was James Brown, "I Feel Good." Its a good way to start the morning.
Last night, at about half past bedtime, my seven year old boy helped me put the dishes away. He handed them to me from the drying rack and I put them into the high cupboards. Then we shared a peanut buttersandwich and glasses of milk. It was wonderful. (Normally he is lazier even than me...)<P>Deut
A few years ago when the movie, Home Alone came out on video, I was so glad I bought it because it kept my 4 1/2 yr old son entertained every day for weeks. He just loved that movie. <P>And so did I until....<P>My husband & I, the kids, and my Mom were in the car going through Burger King's drive thru. We gave our order and when we were pulling up to the next window to pay, my little boy anxiously asks if he can give the guy the money. So, my husband hands him the twenty dollar bill and my son crawls over sticking his little head out of the window waving the $20.00. When the guy took the money from his hand, my son pokes his head further out of the window and yells, "Keep the change ya filthy animal"!<P>I still can't remember where I hid that movie.
The story about the little girls on<BR>the soccer field showing their underwear<BR>to each other reminds me of every morning<BR>at the Pre-school where I work,<P>Potty training is a very big thing for the 2yr.olds in our class,<BR>those girls who graduate to big girl panties<BR>make a big show every morning of showing us who they have on them,<BR>and of course we oohh and aahh over them and tell them we don't want to get our(Barney)<BR>panties wet today!<P>It also reminds me of when I was training my <BR>2yr. old who is 19 now.<P>I couldn't get her to poop in the potty so I decided to reward her with marshmellows every time she went in the potty.<P>Well that summer we went to visit Grandma and one time she gave her some marshmellows,<P>she ran up to me and said, " Look Mom I got marshmellows and I didn't have to poop in the potty." [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>Peg
When we potty trained my oldest we used Skittles.<P>My middle son was extremely stubborn. We tried food and stickers to earn his favorite toys. Nothing seemed to matter to him.<P>I had made a judgmental comment about a relative who had a 3 year-old that wasn't potty trained - This was before I had children and still thought I knew all about it.<P>Anyway, I told my middle son that he was not going to be 3 and not potty trained. His 3rd birthday came, we wrapped his presents, set them out and said, sorry, you can't have them because you can't turn 3 until your potty trained. He potty trained over night and when he had a relapse we would just remind him that he can't be 3 unless he's potty trained.<P>My youngest (daughter) wanted a Barbie, but I told her that Barbies are for big girls and you can't play with a Barbie if you wear a diaper. That is all it took for her.
When my oldest was about 4, he came running out of the bathroom, wearing nothing but socks and said "Mom, Michael (little brother) was playing in the sink and got water all over the bathroom. I stepped in it and got my socks all wet. Hey!! so that's what it means to be 'socking wet'!!!"
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums