Marriage Builders
Posted By: NSR Poll: What should we "betrayed" call ourselves? - 03/17/00 03:57 PM
I know this is silly...<P>...but as I was updating a couple of my posts the <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum29/HTML/000008.html" TARGET=_blank>Acronyms...</A> post reminded me that there is no <B>good</B> (or at least generally accepted) acronym for a "betrayed" spouse (wanting to keep away from <B>BS</B> for obvious reasons)!<P>So I went word searching for some others...<BR>...and I came up with some that were quite unusal!<P><B>WS</B> = Wayward Spouse ("betrayer")... an easy choice<P><B>CS</B> = Conscientious Spouse ("betrayed") [just an idea... better than <B>BS</B> No?]<BR>...or <B>AS</B> = Apostatized Spouse<BR>...or <B>FS</B> = Faithful Spouse<BR>...or <B>JS</B> = Jilted Spouse<BR>...or <B>LS</B> = Loyal Spouse<BR>...or <B>PS</B> = Spouse of Probity<BR>...or <B>RS</B> = Rectitudinous Spouse<BR>...or <B>SS</B> = Scrupulous Spouse<BR>...or <B>US</B> = Unwavering Spouse<BR>...or <B>VS</B> = Veracious Spouse<P>Let's not come up with too many of the "off the the wall" kind of acronyms... like...<BR><B>FS</B> = Fooled Spouse<BR><B>GOWYLS</B> = Get On With Your Life Spouse<BR><B>HWGAS</B> = Here We Go Again Spouse<BR><B>SAS</B> = Suckered Again Spouse<BR><B>ATLTKS</B> = Always The Last To Know Spouse<BR><B><I>(yes... the above was meant in jest!)</I></B><P>Any ideas on what would really be best?<BR>Any linguists out there?<BR>Anyone have their own ideas?... good taste always being encouraged... but humor is welcome.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim
Hey Jim, having a little too much time on your hands? Bless you for channeling your energies to MB. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Let love be genuine...hold fast to what is good; love one another." Rom 12:9-10
Good Morning Jim! <BR>I'm finally able to use <B>your</B> name (same as DAXH-Dumb @$$ X husband [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]). Sorry, I couldln't resist that one.....<BR>Here are a few more....<P><B>FUTMEBS</B> Fed up to my eyeballs spouse [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR><B>KITS</B> Kicked In the Teath spouse [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR><B>RTMOS</B> Ready to move on spouse [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR><B>SS</B> Smart Spouse <I>or</I> Steadfast Spouse [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Now I'll be thinking in acronyms all weekend! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>TnP,<BR>Butterfly<BR><P>------------------<BR>There are deep sorrows and killing cares in life, but the encouragement and love of friends were given us to make all difficulties bearable. <BR>-- John Oliver Holmes<P>The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.<BR>-- Elie Wiesel<P><BR>
Hey Jim,<BR>I like FS for faithful spouse. Not only our we the ones that stayed faithful but we need faith to get us through this Roller Coaster from hell.<P>Derek
I know this is profane but I thinlk It fits.<P>FOS: ****ed Over Spouce<P>or maybe SOS: Screwed over spouce<P>my 2 pennys,<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>
NSR,<P>Great post! <P>How about <B>SBWS</B> - Sadder But Wiser Spouse?<P>Nah, put me down as a <B>FS</B> supporter. It is the perfect complement to <B>WS</B>.<BR>
maybe it's my mood, but I LOVED SOS.....<P><BR>LOL.....<P><BR>I've been FS too often and too long....<P><BR>Dylan
I vote for Faithful Spouse -FS. Seems positive and less of a victim. I'll try and use it in the posts. Hope everyone carches on [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> Take Care, BECCA
Jim,<P>I'm with Butterfly and Jim! With the mood I'm in theirs sound perfect to me!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>(just practicing!)
hey to all!!!!<P>LOL at SOS and FOS WilliamJ! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]:<P>Kinda like FS <P>What about those spouses who were betrayers before but now are betrayed? <BR>SOOFS - shoes on the other foot spouse? J/K<BR><P>------------------<BR>Love and Prayers<BR>Nicole smile
I never did like the betrayer/betrayed labels because I always felt that there was more than one way to be betrayed. <P>FS works better for me.
In Mexico & Spain they call us "<B>cornudo</B>"; in Italy is a similar one"<B>cornuto</B> (one with horns). I tell my friends that I belong to a web-based <B>Cornudo Club</B>.<P>So I suggest this long acronym:<BR><B>WECWOGROH</B> = <B>W</B>ith <B>E</B>nough <B>C</B>alcium <B>WO</B>uld <B>GRO</B>w <B>H</B>orns.<P>Alex<P>------------------<BR><B>Live fully and always learn</B>
Jim thanks so much for replying to my message, it really helps me that I have finally found people that know what I am going through.Thank you for your prayers.P.S.Ilike fs also.bethn <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NSR:<BR><B>I know this is silly...<P>...but as I was updating a couple of my posts the <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum29/HTML/000008.html" TARGET=_blank>Acronyms...</A> post reminded me that there is no good</B> (or at least generally accepted) acronym for a "betrayed" spouse (wanting to keep away from <B>BS</B> for obvious reasons)!<P>So I went word searching for some others...<BR>...and I came up with some that were quite unusal!<P><B>WS</B> = Wayward Spouse ("betrayer")... an easy choice<P><B>CS</B> = Conscientious Spouse ("betrayed") [just an idea... better than <B>BS</B> No?]<BR>...or <B>AS</B> = Apostatized Spouse<BR>...or <B>FS</B> = Faithful Spouse<BR>...or <B>JS</B> = Jilted Spouse<BR>...or <B>LS</B> = Loyal Spouse<BR>...or <B>PS</B> = Spouse of Probity<BR>...or <B>RS</B> = Rectitudinous Spouse<BR>...or <B>SS</B> = Scrupulous Spouse<BR>...or <B>US</B> = Unwavering Spouse<BR>...or <B>VS</B> = Veracious Spouse<P>Let's not come up with too many of the "off the the wall" kind of acronyms... like...<BR><B>FS</B> = Fooled Spouse<BR><B>GOWYLS</B> = Get On With Your Life Spouse<BR><B>HWGAS</B> = Here We Go Again Spouse<BR><B>SAS</B> = Suckered Again Spouse<BR><B>ATLTKS</B> = Always The Last To Know Spouse<BR><B><I>(yes... the above was meant in jest!)</I></B><P>Any ideas on what would really be best?<BR>Any linguists out there?<BR>Anyone have their own ideas?... good taste always being encouraged... but humor is welcome.<P> :)<P>Jim<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><P>------------------<BR>
Hmmmmm....OK,<BR> <BR> INCODTTYS= "I never could of done that to you"Spouse<P> --Murph
I like FS in conjunction with DSWUL -Devoted Spouse With Unconditional Love.<P>------------------<BR><B><I>God Bless,<BR>Rob</I></B><BR> regilmor@swbell.net
For those who were the betrayed, and are now a betrayer after having a revenge affair:<BR>PAH - Paybacks Are Hell - Spouse<P>For remorseful betrayers:<BR>WAC - Want Another Chance - Spouse<P>For betrayers or betrayed trying to get through withdrawal:<BR>ODAT - One Day At a Time - Spouse<BR>
<P><B>ICBYDIA </B>Spouse= I can't believe you did it again Spouse<P>and by the way, I can't believe he did it again! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>
Hi All,<P>Please forgive me I'm in an odd mood lately. Not really giving a rats behind.<P>Mine as related to my marriage.<P><B>HUSBAND</B> He Understands She Believes A Neccessary Divorce.<P><B>WIFE</B> Woman In Fantasyland Excitement.<P>But that's only me.<P>Zippy the Pinhead.
<B>Suckers?</B> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Eric
First of all, glad to see you're still around<BR>ThisAlex.<P>But for my vote,FS is good, but I would like to make another suggestion. As some of you know I have breast cancer, and we don't like to refer to ourselves as "victims"<BR>(there you can read betrayed) but as <BR>"survivors". I am not a breast cancer patient, or whatever, I am a survivor.<P>Therefore I suggest "SS" surviving spouse. One way or another we are all going to make it. With or without.<P>I realize that this acronym is peculiar to my situation. FA is really good. I just wanted to give a different spin on things.<P>Take care all.
Hanora, <P>I applaud your desire to be known as a survivor. My mother and best friend have both survived breast cancer (M for 5 yrs. and BF for 7, and BF was given a 50/50 chance, she was 33 at the time). My friend has begun a wonderful non-profit program, and her web site is below. Click on the link and see what she's done!<P> <A HREF="http://winabc.org/" TARGET=_blank>http://winabc.org/</A> <P>Best wishes as you beat this thing!!!!!!<P>~Sheryl
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums