Marriage Builders
Posted By: hanora ? for younglove, academic - 03/21/00 11:14 PM
I am a non-practicing Catholic, but still interested and yes I know that the Bible is not the ultimate authority for Catholics.<P>However I was interested in your response on another thread regarding sexual relations with no chance of procreation.<BR>(Hysterectomies etc.) I'm not sure you are on solid ground here. It appears that you are much more familiar with church doctine than I am, however it is my understanding that while one cannot use artificial means to prevent conception there is not a prohibition against sex when conception is not possible. Why else the rhythm method?<P>By your interpretation those who are sterile for whatever reason, and those who are post-menopausal, or have such a wife, would be prohited from engaging in sex with a spouse. I really don't think that this is the position of the Catholic church. This is a real question, do you think it is?<P>Maybe I have an entirely wrong grip on this, but I am curious.
Posted By: NSR Re: ? for younglove, academic - 03/22/00 04:23 PM
Hanora...<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>...there is not a prohibition against sex when conception is not possible<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>... is the key...<P>And you are right...<P>I happen to be a practicing Catholic...<BR>...I got into teaching CCD... with the encouragement of my W noless!<P>...one quote I will pull out from the "Catechism of the Catholic Church" is paragraph 1654... <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Spouses to whom God has not granted children can neverless have a conjugal life full of meaning, in both human and Christian terms. Their marriage can radiate a fruitfulness of charity, of hospitality, and of sacrafice.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> No matter why there can be no more children!<P>I hope this helped... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim
Posted By: hanora Re: ? for younglove, academic - 03/23/00 06:13 AM
Thanks Jim, yes that does clarify things.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums