Marriage Builders
Posted By: NSR Prayer...Feelings of Guilt and Shame - 04/14/00 10:41 AM
<B>Prayer to Heal Feelings of Guilt and Shame</B><P>Lord, I am troubled with feelings of guilt and shame - for things I have done and for what I have failed to do. My thoughts spin around and around, rehashing old memories and hurts until I find myself in an uneasy and anxious mood.<P>Help me to work through these emotions as I struggle to discern right from wrong, and truth from falsehood. Guide me to recognize the limits of my responsibilities so that I might live in accord with Your will and not the expectations of myself or others. Let my past be past, and my future rest in Your hands.<P>There remains, then, only today that I can do anything about. Be with me now, Lord. Help me to accept and find in myself the kind and loving person You know me to be. Amen.
Posted By: claire1022 Re: Prayer...Feelings of Guilt and Shame - 04/14/00 07:41 PM
Thank you for posting this. I have already printed it out. You could not have posted this at a better time. (see my post today) The easy part is saying it, the hard part is living it... hopefully I will find the strength to do both.
Posted By: devastated2 Re: Prayer...Feelings of Guilt and Shame - 04/15/00 12:37 PM
Jim,<P>Thank you for this thoughtful prayer. I too printed it out for me and my H to have.<P>Yesterday I spent time reading the Bible. It gives me comfort and calms me when I feel anxious. <P>I hope you are feeling better and I want you to know I am keeping you and your children in my prayers. (((Hugs))) to you.<p>[This message has been edited by devastated2 (edited April 15, 2000).]
Posted By: inamess Re: Prayer...Feelings of Guilt and Shame - 04/15/00 08:35 PM
Thanks for the prayer. That is printing right now!<P>Renee
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums