Marriage Builders
Posted By: Murphy Analogy to an Affair - 04/01/00 12:32 AM
Hey All,<BR> I've been thinking of an analogy to the affair/fantasy concept.How about this?<BR> Did you ever buy a new car after driving an old one for a long time?Remember how clean,new,and exciting that new car was when you first bought it?Who can deny having a love affair with their first new car?You say to yourself,"Now,this is the car I really wanted"(true love).<BR> Then you remember your old car.You forget the good times you had in it,or all the places you been with it.You say to yourself,"You know,I don't know what I ever saw it that old car"(re-writing history)."It got terrible gas mileage,didn't handle well,and rattled all the time(spouse's faults).I never should of bought that old car,it was the wrong car for me to begin with.With all it's problems,no wonder I bought a new car.I should of done this a long time ago"(justification).<BR> Of course,in time,that new car will end up being an old car,too.In time,you'll find fault with it.Perhaps then,you might say,"You know,that old car wasn't so bad after all.Maybe I should of hung on to it".<BR> --Murph
Posted By: tootrusting Re: Analogy to an Affair - 04/01/00 01:40 AM
I like this analogy Murphy..... Ya know, the funny thing about this old car, new car thing is that I actually look about 10 yrs. younger than my H. <P>I should be trading in H (the old car)
Posted By: J Willy Re: Analogy to an Affair - 04/01/00 02:23 AM
Great Analogy,<P>But new tires, belts, hoses, tuneup, wash, and detailed can make that old car a good as new and one day with lots of care and a little luck it can become a clasic.<P>Instead my W seems to be taken me to the junk yard!!!<P><BR>J W
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums