Marriage Builders
Posted By: scandinavian Is this a bad or good sign? - 05/30/00 02:37 PM
It's been a while since my last update, but as usual things are going in one direction and ONE direction only.<P>D-day was Jan 4th. Wife has been wondering whether to work on marriage or get out to start new life with OM (her boss). I don't think there has been any doubt during this time, and the only reason for the delay is that she has had too much guilt to speed up the process.<BR>She is about to file for separation (in my country we have to file for legal separation and can file for divorce 1 year after that). She moved out a couple of months ago to live with her parents. Last week she told me that the OM will probably sell his apartment and buy a new house which she will rent from him. The OM will move into his parents apartment for now (yeah right!). <BR>We have recently been discussing living arrangements and custody of the children. We have agreed on a 50/50 solution and seem to be able to agree on all the small details as well.<BR>What I'm curious about is the recent tendency she has to be more kind towards me. She will call me more often and speak slightly longer. She no longer seems to be setting up "traps" for me so that I get angry. <BR>I have tried to act more upbeat and not pursue her last month. I have not contacted her much, and in general I guess I have gone more into the "act like I don't care" role.<P>I'm a little worried that this is a sign that she has let go of her last part of feelings for me and look upon me as a friend now. The chances of her turning around now is quite slim, and if there are any hopes now I'm sure they are some months into the future.<P>Anyone know how I should analyse this situation, and where to go from here?<P>scandinavian
Posted By: scandinavian Re: Is this a bad or good sign? - 05/30/00 02:41 PM
I should add that I have been doing a mix of a "degraded" PLAN A and a "do a 180" last 1-2 months.<P>scandinavian
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums