Marriage Builders
Posted By: lostva Well, so much for D-day anniversary! - 06/29/00 01:57 AM
Hi, guys!<P>Have just a few minutes while Robert is a little busy, so I thought I'd sit down here for a bit.<P>Just a quick little update. No news from PT since the call last week - amazing, huh? Not that I'm complaining........ [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Now, guess what? Today is the anniversary of "Discovery Day". Finally figured out yesterday that, although it didn't seem to be on my mind, that was probably the reason I've been a little poopy and edgy for the past few days....not upset, really, just not myself totally.<P>Well, had a nice breakfast with Robert and sent him off to work. Did my chores thingy and then Kristin and I did a little shopping and I bought us a new bed (seemed appropriate, huh? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]) Robert called three times today, just to say "I love you". He understands the significance of the day. I actually stayed in a pretty good mood throughout the day! Yayyy, me! <P>He got home in the BEST mood, considering he had a miserable day at work; I really did appreciate the effort I know it must have taken. He showered and changed and looked like a million dollars and off we went out to dinner! Nothing fancy, a little place here in town, but what a great night we had!! Over-indulged like crazy!! Pretty cool, huh?<P>Well, came home again and Kristin was gone to the movies, soooooooo......we continued the celebration (blush)!! Yup, that's what it is, you know? And, now, that's what it FEELS like - a celebration. Not of what happened last year this time, but of what the future holds for us. My wonderful husband has gone out of his way today to make things great for me. I am so very blessed! I like thinking of it as a celebration....puts a whole new light on the day, ya know? (Ok, Wassi, I know - perception again - I'm getting there [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] )<P>Got to make this one short (aren't YOU the lucky readers this time?) 'cause my husband is waiting, but just wanted to let you know that things are pretty good around here. And, I've discovered, the "special plans for bad days" thing seems to be working so far (yes, he knows why we made a date in the middle of the week) and definitely took the sting out of THIS one! In fact, I'm feeling like queen of the world right now. Actually can't WAIT until the next one - Moving day - August 5th. My b-day is August 4th and we've planned to leave town for a whole WEEK! The first few days alone and then Kristin'll come down for a vacation with us! <P>Oh, well, gotta go now! She's decided to spend the night with a friend and I've got my hubby all to myself (no teenagers tonight - what a change!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com])!<P>Hang in there folks! No matter how bleak it seems, life CAN be good again - better than you ever imagined. See ya later.<P>Love and prayers,<P>Lori
Posted By: missy9 Re: Well, so much for D-day anniversary! - 06/29/00 02:04 AM
Enjoy your quite time tonight Lori!!!!!
Posted By: tootrusting Re: Well, so much for D-day anniversary! - 06/29/00 02:14 AM
So happy, happy for you tonight.....You are such an inspiration to us all. We all grow here at this site and your wisdom and joyful spirit add much!!!<P>Thinking about you!!!!
Posted By: inamess Re: Well, so much for D-day anniversary! - 06/29/00 02:37 AM
LOST VA,<P>Hey Gal! I havent heard from ya in awhile. I m glad to see that everything is going good. I wish you the best.<P>Ditto to the TooTrusting reply!<P>Prayers<BR>Renee<P>------------------<BR>We can do all things through Christ which strengthens us. Repeat that 5 times a day. I promise you success!
Posted By: soon2bx Re: Well, so much for D-day anniversary! - 06/29/00 02:44 AM
Dear Lori,<BR>I am so happy for you.I wish a miracle would happen for me.I am in plan B,H moved in with OW and OC 2weeks ago.Thaank you for all the support you have given me in the past.(i used a different screen name then).soon2bx
Posted By: Samantha * Re: Well, so much for D-day anniversary! - 06/29/00 03:36 AM
Lori,<P>Hi sweetie! I am pleased as punch for you guys. How wonderful. I am telling you girl you are just going to have to sneak some of Robert's dna to us other ladies so we can inject it in our husbands. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Enjoy it has been a long road and you are doing great. An inspiration to us all.<P>Praise the Lord too. I know he is up there smiling as well.<P>Congrads on a wonderful day.<P>------------------<BR><B>God bless you and all of us. We are all going to make it, all of us! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] With God on our side we can't lose! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] What God has joined together let no man put asunder. <P>Samantha</B><p>[This message has been edited by A blessed Samantha (edited June 28, 2000).]
Posted By: Kat1 Re: Well, so much for D-day anniversary! - 06/29/00 07:36 AM
I told you the good stuff will start erasing all the bad stuff didn't I ?? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I'm so glad it's working so well, and I'm really impressed with the way Robert is doing his best to make amends.In a way it's more fulfilling than the very quiet way Rui does things ( quiet because he doesn't even want to remember it happened ), he just goes about fulfilling needs and trying his best to listen to what I need, but pretends he's doing it only because it's important ( which is true ) so he doesn't have to deal with the fact that he made a boo-boo .<P>Anyway, hope you guys are having fun. Rui is not having much since Portugal just lost - he just needs some TLC which I will provide as soon as he gets home [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Answered your e-mail today.<P>Next week I'll have more time, school ends friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Hugs<BR>Kat<P>
Posted By: bonnet Re: Well, so much for D-day anniversary! - 06/29/00 11:59 AM
Hey Lori,<P>you naughty naughty girl.......<BR>Way to go.......<P>I am so glad Robert awoke and realised what he had. And now he has it back. You have no idea how reading this post has made me feel. I've just had some champagne, and was having a nightcap of port (OH MY GOD, what am I thinking, I have to get up to 2 children in the a.m. !!!!!!)<P>I love reading how Robert is so thoughtful and considerate of the days that must remind you of hell. And how he tries to turn that around to make you now feel #1. Where you should be. He seems to be doing an excellent job. I am so proud of him.<P>I also wish I could have some of his DNA as I could never expect that of my H. I think my H would go out and buy brand new carpets just to sweep "this" mess under. The old carpet has way too much "stuff" already !!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<P>Maybe I am being too harsh on my H, but I guess I know him like no-one else.<BR>Anyway, I definitely don't want to rain on your parade tonight - you enjoy your time and your date with your Hubby.<P>I'm thinking of you both, and sending big hugs and so much love. <P>Jo<P>PS the offer still stands, when you want/need that second honeymoon, my house is your house. I'll be flying soon, and won't be here much anyway....... won't get in your way at all........<BR>but please don't wake the baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<BR>
Posted By: schizzo Re: Well, so much for D-day anniversary! - 06/29/00 02:13 PM
Lori,<P>I'm gone one evening and I miss all the fun!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Luv ya,<BR>Cindy<BR>
Posted By: Lor (Lor) Re: Well, so much for D-day anniversary! - 06/29/00 02:25 PM
[Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Let love be genuine...hold fast to what is good; love one another." Rom 12:9-10
Posted By: lostva Re: Well, so much for D-day anniversary! - 06/29/00 07:33 PM
Hi, everyone, just got a few minutes to check in!<P>Missy - thanks, Hon. All in all, a very nice evening......chased all the ghosts away.<P>tootrusting - you're so sweet. Thanks for the good wishes. I wish the same for everyone here.<P>Renee - I've been a little more quiet lately for a few reasons! Time is one and I don't like to get online when we have the opportunity for a few minutes together. Good to hear from you, too!<P>Soon- I'm so sorry, Sweetie, I DO remember how hard that is. Hope you're doing well. And good luck on Plan B...always praying for the best for you!<P>Hey, Sam - Nope! Keeping ALL this DNA..I love it more each and every day. Gotta finish our chat soon, you know, although last night pretty much took care of a lot of my insecurities! (And, yes, to the rest on this board, Lori has her share of those, too [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com])<P>Hi, Kat! Got you're e-mail. As usual, you were right! I'm gonna update you soon, too. I do believe our schedule may slow down at SOME point! It better anyway! The greatest thing about TLC for THEM.....it's the gift that gives back - EVENTUALLY, anyway!!! LOL <P>Hi, Jo! Fun to be naughty! I thought I had forgotten how for a while there!! You know, Robert doesn't seem to understand (or at least won't let himself) why these things are tough for me - used to get a bit defensive and think he wasn't doing a good enough job now. Now he understands that he doesn't have to understand, it just is. Does that make any sense?? That's easier for him.....he doesn't mind just helping me through it. I'll TAKE that any day! Heck, I don't always understand the why's myself! Told him about you and your offer....you'd best not offer too many times, you may come home to find us camped out in front! Luv ya!<P>Hey, Cindy - are you proud of me? I know what you mean...sometimes I don't have time for a few days and I feel like I've missed EVERYTHING! Want to get up with you b/f your trip, ok?<P>Lor - Oh, yeah! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Thanks!!<P>Love to all,<P>Lori<P>
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums