Marriage Builders
Posted By: firestorm To Peppermint - 09/22/00 08:48 PM
To my Peppermint,<P>I walked into the bedroom and found you asleep this afternoon, so beautiful and quiet. I stood there and looked at you for a long time. There was a little smile on your face, maybe from a dream, or maybe because, in sleep you are at peace and removed from this life that I have given you. I looked at you lying there so innocent like a little girl and wished that I could wrap you in my arms and protect you from all of the danger in this world. I thought this, knowing all along that you could protect yourself from the world, but you really needed to be protected from me. Like a thief in the night I have stolen your happiness, your trust, and your faith, in me. What remains inside though, is still love for a man that would do this to you. How can you do it? How can you love someone that much? Through all that pain, anger, and hurt, you still have the capacity to love. For that reason, no other woman could ever take my heart away from you.<P>I have made mistakes. I have made bad choices. I have lied. I have cheated. I have done all of this to you. Another woman took my time and attention, but she never took my heart. As weak as I am on the surface, my heart is made of steel built strong and solid by the love, admiration, care, and tenderness of the beautiful woman that I am married to. One day you will wake up and that smile will remain on your face all day. One day we will wake up together holding each other close and our hearts will beat together as one. For the first time in over a year I can see the rainbow after the storm coming through the bedroom window. There is no pot of gold at the end of my rainbow, only the love of a woman that is everything I need.<P>I am so sorry for stealing away your life, but I promise that I will give it back to you one day at a time. During the past year, I have lived my life being mad at myself. I never knew why. Now I know, I never did forgive myself, and therefore I never allowed myself to love and be loved. But here I am. I still feel sad about my actions, not only because they hurt you, but also because I let go my own morals. I want to get them back, so therefore I make a promise to you and myself, I will never walk this path again. From now on, the only path that I take will be with you at my side. I may stumble, but as long as you are there with me, I will never fall. May God answer my prayers and yours, and lead us down our path together and in love. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for still believing in me. I Love You<P>firestorm
Posted By: Dynamo Re: To Peppermint - 09/22/00 08:52 PM
Firestorm,<P>Beautiful. I would love to get such a gift from my W.<P>From the HEART!!!!
Posted By: Many Tears Re: To Peppermint - 09/22/00 11:38 PM
Bless you both! May your union grow stronger with each hour and your faith in each other restored. Isn't REAL love glorious! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Take care, MT<P>
Posted By: soulloss Re: To Peppermint - 09/22/00 11:40 PM
(((((((((firestorm)))))))))
Posted By: peppermint Re: To Peppermint - 09/23/00 12:20 AM
firestorm,<P>You're welcome, and thank you for leaving this beautiful message for me to find.<P>I DO love you, no matter what else I feel right now. You're still my honeybunny.<P>peppermint
Posted By: LAD Re: To Peppermint - 09/23/00 12:42 AM
*sigh* <BR>What a beautiful post. Nothing but best wishes for you both and a complete recovery.L
Posted By: Not Giving Up Re: To Peppermint - 09/23/00 04:43 AM
Firestorm: You have brought me to tears. I would love to hear those words from my H. You both seem so committed to recovering and healing, I can only hope that my H and I find that too. Thanks for sharing that and for being an inspiration.
Posted By: buffy Re: To Peppermint - 09/23/00 05:01 AM
Firestorm:<P>Thank you so much for letting us share these beautiful private sentiments. They were both a wonderful gift to your wife and an inspiration to the rest of us. God bless you.<P>Buffy
Posted By: Bozos_ Deb Re: To Peppermint - 09/23/00 07:33 AM
Firestorm,<P>Well, you did it, you brought even this cynical woman to tears with that letter. <P>Thank you for letting Peppermint know how you feel. That is so important. Thanks for sharing it us.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Deb<P>Hepatitis C, Please educate yourself ! <A HREF="http://www.hepatitis-central.com/<P>In" TARGET=_blank>http://www.hepatitis-central.com/<P>In</A> memory of a very dear friend <A HREF="http://fathom.org/teemingmillions/wally.adp" TARGET=_blank>http://fathom.org/teemingmillions/wally.adp</A>
Posted By: Leelee Re: To Peppermint - 09/23/00 02:57 PM
Oh Firestorm,<BR>I have never posted on the General Post forum just lurked but your post touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes. The sincerity is beautiful. God bless you and Peppermint, you guys are well on your way.
Posted By: bighope Re: To Peppermint - 09/23/00 04:52 PM
firestorm & peppermint~~~<P>"""CONGRATS"""<P>Judy
Posted By: Love Hurts Re: To Peppermint - 09/24/00 05:07 AM
Peppermint,<P>I don't know your story, as I'm still new here, but reading this letter has touched me so much. I cried as I read it. <P>I can only wish my husband would write a letter like that to me!! Who knows, maybe one day he will. <P>Congratulations to you both and God bless [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: firestorm Re: To Peppermint - 09/24/00 02:53 AM
To all of you that read and responded,<P>THANKS!!!! for all of your love and support.<P>To all here, my deepest wishes that all can find happines and love.<P>Soulloss,<P>If it gets to cold for you and Deut up there in the NORTH come see us all in the sunny SOUTH. Good luck to you and thanks...<P>After a night on the town we are sitting on the couch with a hand full of house plan books and dreaming. We are looking for a new start and taking one small step at a time.<P>........fs
Posted By: fairygodmother Re: To Peppermint - 09/24/00 06:19 AM
firestorm -<P>I can't think of ANYTHING that would make a woman feel better than to receive a letter like this from the H who betrayed her.<P>It's extremely moving and wonderful. I'm very impressed and only wish all of us could receive something so healing.
Posted By: soulloss Re: To Peppermint - 09/24/00 02:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by firestorm:<BR><B><BR>Soulloss,<BR>If it gets to cold for you and Deut up there in the NORTH come see us all in the sunny SOUTH. ........fs</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>it's warm at your house...????<P>give me directions....I'm so there.....NC right??...<P>
Posted By: firestorm Re: To Peppermint - 09/24/00 03:12 PM
Soulloss<P>Yes it is warm here outside and in. A little chill does hit the air from time to time, but it doesn't stay long.<P>Hey, if you can find I95, you can find us very easy. Are you guys very far from Toronto? We have talked about going there. I have been before, beautiful city, and I would love to take peppermint there. I like the underground mall.<P>.....fs<P><p>[This message has been edited by firestorm (edited September 24, 2000).]
Posted By: peppermint Re: To Peppermint - 09/25/00 10:51 PM
Up for me, because I have had a really horrible time of it the past two days and to see this at the top will make me feel better!<P>
Posted By: today Re: To Peppermint - 09/26/00 07:32 PM
Up again for peppermint and firestorm!! <P>And to tell you firestorm how much this meant to me because I know that my H would say the same kinds of words to me (and he has!). I'm determined to write his words and sentiments in my heart in poke berry juice (the most permanent stain maker I can think of...being fellow southerners maybe you know about poke berries?). I'm determined to get the heck to acceptance already and proceed to really live again.<P>I'm not going to let anything--even incompatible ENs, (we've got the same ones you two have) get in the way!!!! There are solutions and resolutions to these dilemmas and we're going to find them. YEA TEAM!!!!<P>Hope that wasn't too over the top.....<P>Wish you both ALL of the best.<P>today
Posted By: 2sad4words Re: To Peppermint - 09/26/00 08:38 PM
Firestorm,<P>You have done a GOOD thing. This letter expresses the sentiments that all of us betrayed spouses want to hear. I applaud you for making this statement (and commitment) in public, before all of us MB groupies. <P>Peppermint,<P>You are the envy of the multitudes. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] It sounds like you guys still have some problems to solve, but consider yourself lucky. Firestorm seems to be making a very sincere, thoughtful effort.<P>Keep up the good work you two. You appear destined to end up in the MB Hall of Fame as a success story<P>------------------<BR>But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.<BR>Galatians 5:22-23
Posted By: peppermint Re: To Peppermint - 10/20/00 09:37 AM
I'm bringing this to the top for purely selfish reasons. It makes me feel better and firestorm needs to see it and be reminded of it sometimes, especially today.
Posted By: bonnet Re: To Peppermint - 10/20/00 11:47 AM
Dear FS and Peppermint,<P>I just wanted to say how glad I am to see what fs wrote. I sit here with tears in my eyes, so happy for both of you. I realise that you still have so much to go through, but the fact that you are both willing to travel that road, together, is wonderful.<P>Like a few others here, I long to hear or read those words from my H.<P>Keep on being strong, and being there for each other.<P>'Scuse me, I had to blow my nose. Always happens when I cry....... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<P>I'm sending a huge hug for both of you<P>Jo
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums