Marriage Builders
Ok, just a little explanation for newbies, a couple summers ago, there were parties held here on MB. It's pretty much just for fun...it's been a bit tense here lately. The party is of course cyber and BYOB & snacks of choice.<P>I invite you to my deck. It is a beautiful sunshiny day, nothing but blue sky, temps in the mid-70's, with the fresh scent of rain-washed Ponderosa pine in the air. I'll fire up the grill & have a thermos of lemonade and a cooler of Killian's Irish Red handy. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Topic to start:<BR>My H & I are a year into recovery. Life is pretty good, but we've slid into busyness and the parenting of teenagers, and softball season (3 family members playing, 3 different teams)...good family time, not a lot of time as a couple.<P>The kids will be gone on a choir trip for 5 days. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Which also coicides with our 18th wedding anniversay, our 2nd anniversary since reconciliation and I'm feeling really good about it--at one point I really thought #15 would be the last one. We'll be staying home since the kids are taking all the money with them [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].<P>I'm feeling a bit slow-witted and unimaginative (where DID all that separation creativity go?), any suggestions for fun & frolic? Menus? Er, activities? Or even other thread links/locations if you've posted before (oh, I remember Leilana's thong thread, never fear).<P>Ok, lawn chairs & sunscreen for everyone....
Lor~<P>Please let me bring some wine and games to play. I think pin the tail on the donkey, also maybe a inflatable pool would could provide some fun. We must have smores!!!!! <P>We are doing really good too, my husband treats me so well, and we spend as much time alone as possible too. Kinda of jealous of the five days alone you and Guard have coming. The possibilty of trouble the two you can get into!!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><BR>This is fun and relaxing,<P>Judy<P>LOR ~ This is a great idea<p>[This message has been edited by bighope (edited June 05, 2001).]
Okay ~ I'll bite. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I've been around a while, but never attended the previous year's fun. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P><B>What a beautiful day!</B><P>I have some Jack's Hard Lemonade to share and some shrimp for the barby. <P>Things are ify with my H and I, but we're slowly working through it. For once my H seems to be doing the legwork necessary for recovery and renewed trust. <P>I've been a bit uptight and ready to relax and let loose. I grab a chair beside my hubby and kick off the sandels. The sun feels sooooo good on my face. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I'm sure the added alcohol will eventually bring a smile to my H's face as my blood flows and gets me "in the mood"! It will be a great night for him. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Thanks for the invite!<P>Oh, look who just arrived...
Salmon Whip, anyone!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I always bring it... can't resist... and Corona beer.... but the thing is that the salmon whip can stand alone (not in the sun though! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com])<P>As far as your topic: hey, public sex is free, unless you get caught, then you pay bail [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com], but I digress...<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<P>And we know. We who have seen. ~Pellegrino
Alright, I have some delicious chocolate chip cheesecake and pudding cake, enough for everyone.<P>Since my H is MIA I bring my 3 beautiful kids (ages 6, 2 and 1) and someone to watch them! I hear them running off on their own playing some game or another as I curl up with a good book on my lawn chair. <P>I'll be sure to keep them far away from Free and her husband though. I don't need my kids growing up that quick! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
I'll bring the crabmeat spread and a Buffet CD.
Ok I will join in the fun and I brought the pool toys (minus the kids) and some margaritas. Havent been before but what the heck I didnt sign up for this ride in the first place.<P>My H & I are working hard at recovery. It has been 3 months of no contact and we are spending all our free time together. <P>He seems to be more at ease than I in our relationship and I seem to spend alot of time worrying. Worrying if we are going to make it, worrying how we will eventually resolve our core issues and worrying if the OW will stay away and leave us alone.<P>I have many moments of the last 3 months that I really enjoy and the interaction with my H has been mostly productive. I however can slip off the deepend in my thoughts and have to work really hard to come back to the top of the water's surface but I do get there. So I could use some fun.<P>As far as your anniversary and extended 5 days of no kids, why dont you pick a different topic for each day and then proceed to work them out. <P>Ex: A romantic dinner on day one Two nice steaks cooked on the grill a little wine and if you live in a private area maybe cook wearing something light. And if not, enjoy dinner out side and then save the other activities for inside after dinner.<P>
What happened to the party? Did I scare you all away?
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hurtbyhubby:<BR><B>I'll be sure to keep them far away from Free and her husband though. I don't need my kids growing up that quick! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Don't get me wrong - I'm not into public displays of affection (of the wild type)! Just some flirting while on the deck then home early. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Sheryl - I do remember seeing salmon whip around these parts before. I think I'll pass, but thanks for the offer! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>
I refuse to be the designated driver! That said...I'll be drinking club soda and a splash of sour mix...You all mind if I consume the mixers?<P>I will offer to man the grill, for safety purposes [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
This is fun, I'm in! I request a warm and sunny day followed by a nice comfortably cool night, something we haven't had much of in my part of the country (brrr). <P>I say we have a big bon fire as the sun sets and all sit around and cook up those s'mores, I'll bring a good knife to sharpen sticks for those marshmallows, my hubby and three kids aged 15, 9 and 8. I will and ask my talented hubby to bring his accoustic and lead a sing a long around the fire! Pass the sunscreen!!<BR>
Party Idea!!!!<P>Every year a friend of mine throws what has come to be known as a "blender bash".<BR>Everybody brings their own ingredients and a blender and mix their favorite concoction.<BR>2 categories - alcohol and non-alcohol<BR>Everyone gets to vote and the winner gets to wear a goofy hat the rest of the night and go home with a bottle!<P>Last year's winner's ingredients was<BR>White chocolate liquer<BR>French Vanilla Ice-cream<BR>Cream<P>We, Arik and I, took second with<BR>White Rum<BR>Blackberry juice<BR>crushed ice<BR>Raspberry Sherbet<BR>Club Soda<P>O'kay everybody lets see what you can come up with!!<P><BR>
Lor, so good to have another MB party!<BR>I just got my computer back after one more crash. GRrr... had more this year than all the years I had a computer!<BR>ANd decided to visit.<BR>AS usually I'm always late for the good stuff, but let's continue the party!<BR>I'll bring more wine and instead of saving the paella I was planning for the weekend I'll bring it to the party instead. GOod enough? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>For the people who don't know me, my name is Kat and I am on my third year of recovery.<BR>COme to think about it... I just missed the discovery date this time. It was two days ago, but to be honest it didn't cross my mind until I was writing this post.<BR>And do you know what? I'm just taking inventory of how I feel just now... nothing really. A small touch of sadness for the we all went trough during his fairyland trip, a quick mental check on how our "relationship maintenance", but other than that, nothing, really. Can't even remember how the ow looks like, or feel any of the usual - at that time - negative thoughts whenever I thought about what happened or her.<P>Many of you are now going trought hard times and may feel like you will never be able to feel better again even if your marriage recovers. Well, it doesn't have to be so. It is a very painful time and yes some scars remain - bu tI think even those ones are necessary . They're just enough to remind us of what can happen, so we can make sure that it doesn't happen again.<P>ANyway, as usual , not only I"m writing too much, but I'm getting completely off topicLOL I apologize, old timers know me already and will discount it, new friends hopefully you will discount it as well [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Back to the party!<BR>Please don't go yet... what's a party that lasts only one day? let's make it longer LOL<P>Hugs to all<BR>Kat<P>------------------<BR>"Each and everyone of us is deserving of a gentle thougth, a kind word and the gift of understanding"
Hey Lor and all...great party...I'll drop off some brats (I swear I could be a vegetarian if it weren't for brats) and a keg, be sure to save some for me later...love that draft beer...ice cold of course!<P>Could somebody pump it while I am off on a field trip today?<P>
Great I can use a good party. I'm bringing the Mai Tais and can we say Kareoke!!!!
This time I too refuse to be the designated driver. Why do I always get to drive... is it because I have the biggest van so all the slush heads can ride safely? This time I refuse. <P>I'll bring margaritas and buckets of guacamole.<P>Oh yea, and my husband. He's a blast at parties. I'm kinda shy at parties, so I let him break the ice for me.<P>We'll even bring the three kids ages 11, 12 and 13. They are not shy at all. And they know more then all of us adults put together.. just ask them.<P>Z<p>[This message has been edited by zorweb (edited June 06, 2001).]
AH HA!<P>Lurkers always emerge for a party [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Sorry for my poor hosting...let's just say I inadvertantly got locked in the garage when I went for more ice. Frozen strawberries & whipped cream to make it up to y'all.<P>Judy--er, is pin the tail on the donkey for the party or a suggestion for me & Guard? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I'm glad you guys are doing well too. My H seems a bit apprehensive about having my full attention for 5 days [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. Maybe I'll get him to the party this pm.<P>Free--I know you used to be someone else. I myself used to be Lor, not Lor (Lor). Ya see my problem with creativity [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]: ? It is wonderful that you are seeing some good effort from your H, it makes a huge difference.<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Lor (Lor) (edited June 06, 2001).]
Nyneve--I still remember your old identity [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] WOO HOO, I am good! I got hooked on Dos Equis in Mexico, but I like Corona as well, especially with that little lime slice. It's beer-thirty (time for beer) somewhere in the world. Public sex...well, you have jogged my memory, we are considering golfing on Thurs., if the weather is nice & Guard can take off work, and we have played strip golf before. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I'm a terrible golfer and once home, I forgot my undies were in the pocket of his club bag...wondered what the heck had happened to 'em...And, just in case you are really wondering about the details...I took them off in the strategically placed Porta potty. That was part of my Plan A during a separation [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. I'm thinking I had moments of being a complete nut. (like that has ended [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] )<P>HBH--chocolate!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] My kids are 13 & 15...they could be persuaded to take the little ones off to the playground...payment in cheesecake a definite possibility.<P>Janie--hey, I have seen you posting here & there. 2 years ago we didn't have a whole lot of hope, did we...? I'm glad things are going better for you. And suggesting music, see you are an old-timer, it completely slipped my mind. (moving the CD player also to the deck).<P>ZZZ--welcome. First time for everything... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I do get a little crazy with tequila. Just call me Tequila Sheila and clear the upper rail for dancing. I like your day by day suggestion, definitely steaks one night, maybe turn them into oscar torenadoes---with hollandais, asparagus & crab...yum, haven't made that in forever.<BR>
Your steaks sound good. Do bring that recipe
Hey Lor,<P>Guess what? Canadian beer is just as good and STRONG as the Mexican stuff!! It's just hard to get your hands on... esp. here in Canada, since alcohol is gov't regulated. You have to go to a special store, doncha know? The BEER STORE [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] and they don't sell liquor there, oh no, that's at the LCBO, a specific store that sells liquor, although I think it's spelled "liquour" and them "u"'s is getting confusing ~ neighbour, behaviour, etc. I can't spell in my old American life, how'm I 'spose to make it here??? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Nekid golfing, eh? Ah yes!! With these sagging body parts I could accidently hit my boobie and cause some real damage ~ better keep my knickers on, heh heh [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>**and if I have just offended anyone tell me and I'll edit that remark out... no offense intended! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Lor~<P>Pin the tail on the donkey, well you can do the game either way. I personally like to private party, because well you can make up more rules or fun whichever.<P>But this party is really picking up, kinda of tipsy now, that goodness my husband is the DD today. That man knows how to spoil me. <P>Bottoms up!!!!!<P>Judy
William--consume all the mixers you need. I tend to drink tonic with lime, it cries out for gin, but I like gin just too much. <P>ScaredinNY--I have just the place for a bonfire--the area where the vegetable garden I'm not planting usually goes. And I love to prune trees, so I have a pile of brush that should make one of those exciting, sparky fires. The garter snakes who live there will likely flee, they are very large. I hear snake tastes just like chicken [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].<P>Nicole--Yummy recipe! Let's see our neighbor is gone, so I bet he wouldn't mind if we used his blender as well...he's such a nice guy. Does your recipe make your teeth purple. I love that! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Kat--did you alter your screen name? D-Day 2 years ago, you must be the Kat I know? Your H packed his bag to leave, put it in the car, and slept on your couch for awhile instead of leaving? If I've got the details wrong, or that's not you...welcome anywho. Since MB was kerflooey yesterday...I'm certainly willing to party on...let me know if anyone wants a change of venue.
FHL--girl, I haven't seen you around in ages. We're going to be heading to St. Louis this fall for at least one Rams game--2nd annual Herdfest--wasn't that close to your area? I'll be the one wearing the blue & gold [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. I'm excited that now my party is a kegger!<P>Joyd--Karoke is big fun, my H does a "Get down funky white boy" that'll bring tears to your eyes. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Zorweb--I'm not quite sure why we'd be needing designated drivers, but we definitely will not call on you. The kids can jump on the tramp...just sign this useless medical release form. Oh...you guys didn't know there was a 16 foot trampoline, did you? A good game of "crack the egg" will fix what ails ya.<P>Nyneve--we probably have Canadian beer here, not so far from the border, really, you know how isolated areas don't consider 300 miles much distance at all, only takes 4 hours to drive [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] . Isn't Moosehead beer Canadian? And...I don't want to mislead you, I wasn't nekkid, I had on shorts & a tank top, maybe both shoes. Guard let me bet taking off my jewelry as well. You know, I just finished working out at the Y, and the ladies for the arthritis swim, age concentration from 60 to 80, were in the lockeroom...and even though I don't know what you look like, I did see some bodies that gave me a visual image of sagging, swinging, endangered body parts. Although there's a couple of the ladies that I wish I looked that good now. <P>Ok...bringing out the potato casserole, made with 'tates, ham, spicy cheese dip & cheddar baked on the top. Dibs on the crusty brown stuff stuck to the sides of the pan [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. Also the coffee is Sumatra Mandheling, and I've got peach & chai spice iced tea--good with Captain Morgan's rum, later. And in honor of Nyneve, on the CD, Bare Naked Ladies "Maroon".
Love the potato casserole Lor, mmmmmn. Wish I wasn't on Prozac so I could be drinking with y'all, but I'm getting out my digital video camera to be sure to get good footage of all your drunken embarasing moments. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] (Free,got some good ones of you two!)<P>Next I'm getting into the blending competition with my non alcoholic starwberry daquriy.<P>Anyone up for dancing on the deck to Lor's H singing "Play that funky music" with me?? Wooo- Hoo! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P><BR>
<P>Wow that didn't sound good the way I typed that last sentence, let's try that again.<P>Anyone up for dancing on the deck with me to Lor's H singing "Play that funky music" [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>
As a teacher the long yawn of summer approaches and a good party is just what I need.<P>Sounds like we have plenty of men manning the barbeque, so I'll relax and make a cheddary macaroni and cheese, some smoky green beans and a couple of strawberry pies. (I like to cook [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].)<P>My three sons (7, 5 and 2) will run around like banshees. I will be relaxing with a Smirnoff Ice, enjoying conversation, but I will have to be vigilant around the water, the boys think they're fish. <p>[This message has been edited by InShockinCali (edited June 06, 2001).]
Sorry I have missed so much of this bash!!<BR>Malibu and pineapple juice is a fruity, refreshing summer drink. And I can whip up a spinach artichoke dip like they serve at Olive Garden.<P>Lor (Lor) - along the lines of public sex... sex in the water somewhere is always enjoyable! Sorry I don't have any other really creative ideas at this point.<P>I'm sad that I will have to "catch up" on this party in a couple of weeks. We're moving June 15 and I won't have access to a computer much longer.
Hey is the party still going for all the old timers??? I lurk from time to time. But now that summer is here I will have more time to check out what is happening. Ideas for the five days-- Picnics at home bring out the cheeses, crackers. fruit my favorite is chocolate covered strawberries (you can do it yourself) and wine eat on the floor with candle light. <P>Back to the party I can remember some parties last for two or three days. <P>------------------<BR>di<P>
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nyneve:<BR><B>**and if I have just offended anyone tell me and I'll edit that remark out... no offense intended! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Nyneve, you never cease to amaze me! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Lor, yes, I was LadyK! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Play that funky music, baby! WOO HOO No splinters in my bare feet yet so keep the dancing going! <P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>
It took me awhile to come to the party... had to find sitters for all 3 kids (it's hard to find anyone willing to take on 3 kids 2 yrs old and under!...LOL.. THANK YOU GRANDPARENTS!!!)<P>H and I have needed to do some camping for a LONG time now, so we're bringing our tent and most of the supplies (including a couple of flashlights and lanterns...in case the bonfire can't get going.. oh heck! we'll bring the lighter fluid to give it a jump start! LOL).<P>I've got the bugspray... is off skintastic okay for everyone?<P>In our hidden compartment in the van, we're bringing along some Molson Canadian beer. And I'll toss in some Southern Comfort and OJ.<P>Now...for food... hmmmm... no one mentioned burgers and dogs! The kids that are there have to eat something you know! LOL. And I'll bring my deviled eggs too... would 4 dozen be enough?<P>H and I would be up for some skinny dipping.. so long as it's really dark out at night (hehehe).. anyone else care to join? Even if not, I'll bring a few of those funky pool noodles... and if no one is up for swimming, how about some good old fashioned TWISTER??? <P>Karen<BR>
[Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Ahhhhhhhhhh - just me still soaking up the sun!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I <B>love</B> deviled eggs ~ I'll stay away from the fire later! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
I make these really WICKED B-B-Q beans... here's the recipe:<P>Pinto beans, soaked over night (about a pot full)<BR>1 onion<BR>5 slices bacon<BR>1 clove garlic<BR>1/2 c. honey<BR>1 bottle Hickory B-B-Q Sauce (Bullseye is best)<BR>1/2 c. molasses<P>Simmer onions in 2 tbs. butter, add garlic, and crumbled, pre-fried bacon... transfer to pot with drained beans... add remaining ingredients and simmer for four hours... or put in crock pot, or on campfire...<P>Them is goooooooood beans!!!<P>Pass me a beer, someone!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
A party! Sunshine too. Looks like it could rain here any minute so I am on my way. I right now making a big batch of pickled fresh vegtables, with lots of jalapenos so I'll bring them along with some spiced rum and coke.<P>I am more amazed every day at our progress. We are both real happy and in love. I stopped taking Paxil 7 days ago and I am withdrawing from that and someone keeps flattening our tires , but I have good news.<P>Next April is our 25th Anniversary. He's taking me to Tahiti and we are staying in a hut over the water and renewing our vows! Talk about excited. I am like a little kid. I've waited so long for this.<P>Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<P>Lilly
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lilly:<BR><B>A party! Sunshine too. Looks like it could rain here any minute so I am on my way. I right now making a big batch of pickled fresh vegtables, with lots of jalapenos so I'll bring them along with some spiced rum and coke.<P>I am more amazed every day at our progress. We are both real happy and in love. I stopped taking Paxil 7 days ago and I am withdrawing from that and someone keeps flattening our tires , but I have good news.<P>Next April is our 25th Anniversary. He's taking me to Tahiti and we are staying in a hut over the water and renewing our vows! Talk about excited. I am like a little kid. I've waited so long for this.<P>Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<P>Lilly</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>This made me CRY for garsh-darned sake!! I am soooooo happy for you!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>By the way, do you spice the rum yourself, and if so, how?<BR>
Me too! He just surprised me with this recently. I was never going to bring up the idea. No, I don't spice it myself I just drink it. With lime.<P>Lilly
Hi Lor [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Yep, it's me. After my last crash I couldn't get in even when I found the password, so I started again. It it almost happened again just now. THe silly thing kept saying that my password was not correct, but I knew it was. It worked on the last try [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>ANd how is everything? I've been away quite sometime and then I came in again and had another crash!<BR>I always come back though, I still feel like I'm with family here.<P>ANyway, I'll be back later tonight, still have one part time to do.<P>Hugs<BR>Kat<p>[This message has been edited by Katb (edited June 06, 2001).]
<BR>Hmm, skinny dipping, uh no. Bad idea for a group of recovering BS's who are still insecure and some WS's that still don't get it. But twister- Hey I'm in!!<P>RED! (Oh my goodness I'm going to have to go under- <high pitched scream>... sorry, lol)<P>Forget the lighter fluid in case of emergency we'll take out the gas can out of the back of my car to start that fire!! Now THAT"S a fIrE! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>
Hi Lor, <P>I'll crawl deep out of lurkdom for a party any day [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. Hope your anniversary goes well. My wife and I just had ours and it was far better than I expected [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. I have to run to take rthe kids to all of there practics and lessons. Put a brat on the grill for me and I'll take a cold draft of whatevers on tap!<P>SHA <P>
HI Lor, i am late to the party......any beer left?<BR>If not lets go to the store!!!<BR>I need party, so ??????? let me catch up!!! Have a few pages to read! <BR>Music by ???<BR>aloha, cl
Well, it's getting dark here time to get the fire ready.<P>H's getting the guitar tuned. Any requests??<P>
Can I be obnoxious? I want to hear "Leaving on a Jet Plane"... am I dating myself (and making ya'll barf) or what???<P>Corona, where's the Corona????? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
HI Everyone!!! Party for Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!<BR>If we are doing karaoke, I will just hum the backup....unless we choose JUanis Joplin! That is about as good as I can get.<BR>This sounds like a great party...and there are even a few sober people to drive and feed those of us that would rather be on our lips? Or we could just crash on Lor's lawn!<BR>Cheers all, cl
Ok, guys, it is Mountain Standard Time here, so at 8pm just getting to twilight, dark won't be for another hour (I want you to be orientated [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] )<P>InShock--welcome, kids don't bother me a bit, and if they do, we'll send them to the playground, you can also it from my deck.<P>Zila--Swim season, in the real world here, won't start for another 2-3 weeks. Less than a month ago we had a blizzard with 2 feet of snow--cools the lakes a bit!<P>SDS--good to see you!<P>Topie--very few insects here, high altitude, but just in case, I'll light the citronella candles...I bet I have some Tiki lamps somewhere---I love fires!<P>Lilly--Tahiti...so WOW! (I'm bowing, you are the woman!) Now set me straight darlin', are we tied for separations? I ended (please God!) at 7. I know you got to 6... Isn't it amazing to have that roller coaster end?<P>SHA--I'm so glad you came out of lurkdom! I'm glad to hear the anniversary went better than expected. Which # was it?<P>Cl--There's plenty of beer, FHL brought a keg, we've had several cases...surely we haven't gone through it? Who is that with the keg nozzle in their mouth? I have a 9 man tent--I'll put it in the absent neighbor's yard...in fact, we'll just open the gate and expand the available space...he won't mind. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
ok, I'm bitting, it's been awhile since I joined in the fun, remember me? Anyhow, I joined late so I lite some nice aroma candles, a mellow white wine (Niagara of course!) and have some easy listening music on hand, setting the stage so to speak. I think the game my H and I would play about now is I'll show you mine if you show me yours! LOL<BR>gosh how I've missed these parties for a couple of months, have been far too busy guys! Any other neat ideas? By the by, hello to all my old timer friends! Guess what, third year of recovery and doing ok still, what a good time in our life it is right now. And hey, the boy is just fine, no after affects from the toximia last year, isn't life good? God Bless!<P>------------------<BR>Chick's <BR>Bren<P>You won't see things until your ready to not be blind!
Ok, now for singalong music, well, of course everybody knows a little Garth Brooks, maybe we should save that (mention of His Garthness should bring Bozos Deb out [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] )...how about some Queen. Let's mutter through Bohemian Rhapsody! And of course, KUM BY YA is always good around a fire, but we have to hold hands. And sway.<P>I'm off to a softball game, so feel free to ignore my suggestions!
[Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Hey you know Lor, no kiddin' my H can sound just like Garth Brooks. Does high energy modern country in his band, he is lead vocals, awesome harmonies too. He also can sound like Travis Tritt, Brooks & Dunn, Alan Jackson, John Denver and more. So maybe "Friends In Low Places" to start?<P>I'm slipping out my 4 man tent to pop the kids in for the night. Grown up time!!<P>
Oh, Nyveve.. Leaving On a Jet Plane is def next- I even know the words to that one, just remember I'm not the singer in the family. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>
QUeen is good...don't count me in the softball game though, I am a disaster .<BR>I'll just sit down here .. hey... is there space for a bonfire? I could do with some marshmallows [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>I can sing but don't expect me to stand, I'm too tired.<BR>This party is making me feel great... more relaxed, we should do this more often [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Hugs<P>By the way SHA I loved to hear - read [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] - from you. specially the part where you say that your ANniversary went better than what you expected [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Hope everything keeps getting better than expected, it sounds good to me [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Hugs<BR>Kat<P>------------------<BR>"Each and everyone of us is deserving of a gentle thougth, a kind word and the gift of understanding"
Lor <P>Thanks for the awesome party yesterday. I'm packing up the tent and my hung over hubby and tired dirty kids and heading home soon. I'll make copies of my video and send them to everyone. Got some really funny shots of all you drunks last night! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>First let me help you clean up the yard, you look like you're not feeling well this morning. Coffee and Tylenol for all coming up. Let's do this again soon!<P>
ScaredinNY, I'll help with the cleanup. <BR>It was a wonderful party wasn't it?<BR>We need to do this more often.<BR>Lor thanks for making it happen.<BR>Hugs to all<BR>kat<P>------------------<BR>"Each and everyone of us is deserving of a gentle thougth, a kind word and the gift of understanding"
You are all so very welcome. I'm just going to do the magic wand thing and everything actually looks nicer than it did!
The parties over?<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Thank you, Lor, for the great time! I know you and hubby need some alone time, so I'll just silently head for home. I just love great memories! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><BR>
<P>Free, maybe you can throw the next bash. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>
Lor, Thanks for the fun and getting to see how everyone is doing. Came close, but you win. Nice to be able to laugh about it! And yes it is so nice to be off. Till the next time.<P>Lilly
[Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] But I still have salmon whip! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>
I think we all need a good party to take our minds off the serious day to day garbage! Thanks Lor.<BR>Nyneve, I will sit with ya and eat all the salmon dip! Leaving on a jet plane, dont know when Ill be back again....<BR>The big lie for me would be "oh babe i hate to go"! I am in one of those running away moods again. <BR>Maybe would be sad after a few months, but the peace would be so spectacular!!!!!!!!!!<BR>
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums