Marriage Builders
Posted By: Rose Red Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/18/02 06:51 AM
I looked at the Valentine's Cards today. I knew it would take me a long time to find just the right one, since none of the traditional sentiments seemed to fit.<p>"God gave me a great gift when He gave you to me." OR "I love you more with every wonderful year we have together." OR "You are the prince I have waited for all my life."<p> [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Anyway, let's hear some suggestions for homemade cards, since there's no Infidelity Valentine section. Here's a couple:<p>"I never realized I would love you enough to stay with you after all you put me through."<p>"When you told me that I was prettier than your OW, my heart leapt for joy!"<p>"I didn't expect to be here today, and I don't know if we'll be together next year, but for now, I will try to meet your emotional needs."<p>"My love bank is slowly creeping out of the red, so how about some SF tonight?"<p>"I love you because you are so much nicer to me than you were this time last year."<p>"Roses are red,
I'm in Plan A.
You are withdrawn,
Happy Valentine's Day."<p>Rose Red
Posted By: GirlGardener Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/18/02 06:54 AM
PLEASE tell me where I can buy one! They're perfect for the "love of my life" Ladysing
Posted By: Resilient Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/18/02 06:56 AM
"My heart SORES when I'm with you, My Love"<p>lmao!
Posted By: hurting3475 Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/17/02 07:00 PM
I ran into the same problem for a Christmas card for him. How i wished that I could get one of those sentimental ones that said how I feel safe with you. I hope you don't mind if I make up my own card and use one of your sayings, they are great!!!!!
Posted By: Elad Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/17/02 07:01 PM
Candy is dandy
Flowers are nice
I never thought you
could be so cold as ice!
Thought I would throw this one in here<p>When was the first Valentine's day celebrated?
The lover's holiday has its beginnings in the 4th century B.C. in Rome. The Romans held an annual lottery wherein young men would draw a young woman's name from a box. The couple would be assigned to each other the entire year for entertainment and pleasure. This celebration, traditionally held on February 15, also included banquets, dancing and foot races run in the nude. (what WS's want)<p>Around A.D. 496, early church fathers sought an end to the pagan practice, but knew better than to upset the citizens by removing the lottery completely. Instead, they had teenagers pull the names of saints from the box. The teen was supposed to spend the year emulating that saint's life as much as possible, which was probably not as much fun as naked marathons. St. Valentine was chosen as the patron saint of the new event, and young Roman men resorted to courting females by sending handwritten notes delivered on
February 14. (what BS's want)

Darn Christians are always ruining it for the rest of us! lol
Posted By: GirlGardener Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/17/02 07:18 PM
Now there's an idea! How about a celebration where all the WS's have to race in the nude while the BS's sip wine, eat chocolates and smell the roses. The race should be held in Alaska, Minnesota, or someplace where they wouldn't really look their best in the nude! (Freezing their ba**ls off actually!) Sorry for the sarcasm, not having a great day. [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] Ladysing
Posted By: kam6318 Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/17/02 07:23 PM
Its toughh, isn't it???<p>Valentines Feb 2000, less than 2 months since he told me he wanted to leave, just 1 month since he told me he wanted to work it out, but didn;t think he could since he was inlove with someone else, just a few days since he told me he was really trying...<p>Found a great card with 2 little animals (maybe porcupines or hedgehogs) on the front, and it said "The best relationships take a little work" and wrote inside something like "thanks for working with me, I love you".<p>If I hadn't found that one, I'm not sure what I would have come up with!<p>Kathi
Posted By: Angelface Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/17/02 07:52 PM
How about these...<p>"Thank you for choosing ME!"<p>"Thank you for not ruining at least one holiday during your affair"<p>
Outside of card: "The things that I love most about you are your Honesty, Faithfulness, and Commitment"<p>Inside of card: HA HA HA HA!!!
Ladysing- I'm picturing some serious 'shrinkage'. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: new_beginning Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/17/02 08:04 PM
Oh, I remember those valentines days with the WS... soooooo.... my contributions are:<p>
  • <p>Thanks for bringing home the gift SHE gave you for Valentine's Day and watching me cut it up with the scissors! Oh, you didn't want me to -- OOPS [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Thanks for telling me we were too poor to get each other V-day gifts, but getting the OW one!!<p>
Posted By: fairydust Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/17/02 08:25 PM
"Thanks for telling me you were coming down with the flu and couldn't go out that night so I could worry about your health while you were out drinking with the OW."<p> That's what happened to me on Valentines Day during the A. Oh well, the next day he took the day off, came over for the whole day, took me out to lunch and brought me a gift. All she got was afew beers lol.<p>My Christmas card for that year would have been:<p>"Hope it wasn't too awkward buying gifts for your wife and your girlfriend at the same time at the same store."
Posted By: GirlGardener Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/17/02 09:45 PM
WOW! Reading these really made me laugh and actually feel a lot better! I actually went out and bought silk Valentine boxers and chocolates for him, no card though... What would we do without this place to vent, share, etc...Thanks for a great post Rose! Ladysing
Posted By: CynthiaD Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/17/02 09:46 PM
Have you looked at halmark? They have a wonderful section for couples that are struggling through these things.
cant help myself here a few suggestions:<p>My spouse and OP sitting in a tree
K-i-s-s-i-n-g
1st came love, then came a broken marriage
leaving my heart and feelings totally disparaged!<p>My spouse and OP sitting in a tree
K-i-s-s-i-n-g
1st came lust, then came the fog
which left me feeling like a kicked dog reaching for the grog! (SH**, why dont they just fall out and land on their heads!) Sorry<p>Lately, you've been so cold
Your affair left you so bold
On this Valentines day
I cant bear to look your way
I thought about candy, a card, even a large bouguet
You might as well forget about the sex and any thought of foreplay
This year its best that you be your own date
I'd prefer to be home by myself and masturbate!<p>You were so selfish when you started your affair
You didn't want my love so ya looked elsewhere
On this V-day, I'll be taking my red hot laced panties out dancing
finding a new man to be romancing
So buy your own candy and flowers
and while you're at it, take a cold shower! (that one was for you ladies!) <p>Roses are red, violets are blue
I'd be better off with the fever and flu, than you!<p>I needed to vent, I actually love her very much and hope we can get back together but I just don't see it happening! I'm considering buying her a new ring (V-day marks 19 years of being together) since she "lost" hers but I doubt she'd accept. We met at a "screw your roommate party in college", now who's getting screwed?
Posted By: GirlGardener Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/17/02 10:26 PM
CynthiaD, Hallmark has cards for this? I had no idea. I guess they really don't want to miss out on anything! Thanks for the info. Ladysing [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: Evensong Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/17/02 10:34 PM
Roses are red
violets are blue
I wish you were dead
but instead I will sue<p>Your face is so red
and I'm feeling blue
'loving' OW in my bed
while I'm staying true<p>(sorry, having a bad day too...)<p>Evensong
Posted By: Rose Red Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/17/02 10:48 PM
Well, a bad day is just what this thread is about--just taking a little malicious pleasure where we can find it!<p>Resilient, Elad, Angelface, n_b, fairydust, Evensong--great cards! Angling--you outdid yourself!! <p>Ladysing, glad we can make your day--I'll see you and Cynthia in the Hallmark store... [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Rose Red
Posted By: Resilient Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/18/02 12:51 AM
ummm, lemme see, Good 'ol Valentine's day .... well, I know that OW #1 got prego from H on Valentine's day .... how romantic. Just love the holiday, one of my favs.<p>Jo
Posted By: Resilient Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/18/02 12:54 AM
Angling, you're SLAMMIN!!! I'm LMAO .... thank you!<p>Jo
Posted By: Conqueror Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/18/02 01:32 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rose Red:
<strong>I looked at the Valentine's Cards today</strong><hr></blockquote><p>OMG, Rose, you are a braver woman than I!!! I was in Target yesterday and suddenly noticed all the Valentine stuff. I got out of there as fast as I could, cursing Valentine's Day all the way. I had totally forgotten about it and thought, What on EARTH am I going to do about V's Day and WHY does it have to happen while I'm so resentful in Plan A?!!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] And I didn't dare venture into the card aisles lest I toss my cookies all over them!<p>All I can think of is, "Never mind." or "Whatever." [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] I don't know if I'll even be able to stomach doing ANYTHING for him for V's day. It will be interesting to see what he does, though. I don't think he did anything for me last year--in full A mode then. [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] <p>During the Holidays, he dumped everything on me, saying, I'm just not into it this year. Maybe I should give him a V with that line. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]
Rose & Jo, I'm glad I could make you laugh [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] that's what happens when I can't concentrate at work! Thanks for the topic Rose, I was checking out sites for V-day ideas yesterday and was having a hard time finding stuff since She is in her own house and I dont have keys and dont really know how far I can show affection bc she isnt ready for it. any ideas? Maybe that should be another thread? thanks!
Posted By: GeezLouise Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/18/02 04:46 AM
I, too, have a difficult time picking out the right card for my hubby no matter what the occassion. For Valentine's Day, I chose the following: For My Husband...my friend, my love.
For me, there is only one smile, one voice, one touch, one joy, one love...For me, there is only you. Happy Valentine's Day I Love You.<p>This does express how I love him but does not express how I do not like him......LOL! For that I'd need a card that said:<p>For My Husband....<blank>
Posted By: MEDIC238 Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/18/02 06:24 AM
Hey Gang,<p>Yep, it's time for a fun post again. You know I am kidding and would **never** really send these to my XW.<p>"Looking back over the years that we've been married, I can't help but wonder... What the hell was I thinking?"<p>"I've always wanted to have someone to hold, someone to love. After having married you, I've changed my mind."<p>"I must admit, you brought Religion in my life. I never believed in Hell..'til I met you."<p>"As the days go by, I think of how lucky and happy I am that you're not here to ruin it for me."<p>"Thanks for being a part of my life!!! I never knew what evil was before this!"<p>"Someday I hope to get remarried, but not to you."<p>"Happy Birthday! You look great for your age... Almost Lifelike and human!<p>"When we were together, you always said you'd die for me. Now that we've divorced, I think it's time you kept your promise."<p>"I knew the day would come when you would leave me for my best friend. So here's his leash, water bowl and chew toys."<p>"We have been friends for a very long time, what do you say we call it quits."<p>"Ever since the day you left me, I've been so miserable, my dear. I feel almost as bad as I did when you were still here."<p>"You were such a good wife that if we were on a sinking ship and there was only one life jacket ....I'd miss you terribly and think of you often."<p>"Your friends and I wanted to do something special for your birthday so we're having you put to sleep."<p>I hope no one is offened, I'm just in a goofy mood tonight. <p>Wishing us all the Best,<p>Zippy the Pinhead
Posted By: Resilient Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/18/02 06:32 AM
Yes, Medic! YES! You ROCK! <p>That was great ... thanks!<p>Here's one .....<p>"I love you so much I'd kill myself, but then I'd probably go to hell, and that, my love, would then be redundant"<p>[ January 18, 2002: Message edited by: Resilient ]</p>
Posted By: Rose Red Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 06:55 AM
Wow!! Medic, I think you'd better send Hallmark your resume!<p>GeezLouise, you are a right there with that card. I would be terribly tempted to underline the word "me" in the sentance "For me there is only you..." In other words, for you there are bimbos around every corner, but for me there is only you. And you're right: I love my husband somewhat again, but I don't really like him.<p>Resilient, you romantic thing, you! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Rose Red
Posted By: GirlGardener Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/18/02 07:49 PM
Rose, Your responses are killing me! We must have been seperated at birth! I love my husband too, (or why would I put up with this!) but I still don't really like him either... [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: nikko Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/18/02 07:53 PM
read these yesterday and laughed so hard. i told a friend and she probably thinks im nuts for finding humor in all this!
anyway here goes-<p>
roses are red
violets are blue
i wish you would die
and your other woman too!!<p>sorry- im still in the hurt and angry stages at times!!!!!
Posted By: worthatry Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/18/02 08:28 PM
Zippy, you are SICK! Love it, man.<p>I'm gonna try to come up with some verse that uses the following words and phrases:<p>liar, cheat, moose brain worms, mothership, just friends, Econo Lodge, cell phone<p>Give me until V-day, OK?<p>As I read some of the posts above, I was reminded of one of my favorite country song lyrics: "My wife ran off with my best friend and I miss him."<p>WAT
"Roses are red
Violets are blue
Only a schmuck
Would stay married to you."
Posted By: Resilient Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/18/02 08:55 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by diddallas:
<strong>"Roses are red
Violets are blue
Only a schmuck
Would stay married to you."</strong><hr></blockquote><p>lololololololol ....
Posted By: Resilient Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/18/02 09:00 PM
To x-H:<p>"Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
OW is an Infidel
and so are you"
Posted By: Elad Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/18/02 09:00 PM
You've been my friend and my lover for years and for years
In good times and bad we've shared laughter and tears.
Now I don't understand so I'll ask and be crass.
Is it worth dumping me for a new piece of a**<p>(Sorry if I offend anyone's sensibilities) [img]images/icons/blush.gif" border="0[/img] )
Posted By: Resilient Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/18/02 09:01 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Elad:
<strong>You've been my friend and my lover for years and for years
In good times and bad we've shared laughter and tears.
Now I don't understand so I'll ask and be crass.
Is it worth dumping me for a new piece of a**<p>(Sorry if I offend anyone's sensibilities) [img]images/icons/blush.gif" border="0[/img] )</strong><hr></blockquote><p>
You WIN!!!! I swear, that was soooo funny. Good job, Elad.<p>Jo
Posted By: az allison Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/18/02 11:03 PM
my humble contribution.<p>
Soon our divorce will be final my dear
I'm now left with only one lingering fear
You can be your own man now - you don't have to be phony
But just don't be late with my **** alimony!<p>(hey, you try to rhyme alimony guys )<p>allison
Posted By: Resilient Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/18/02 11:19 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by az allison:
]my humble contribution.<p>
Soon our divorce will be final my dear
But just don't be late with my **** alimony!<p>(hey, you try to rhyme alimony guys )<hr></blockquote><p>Love it, love it ....<p>but errr, hows about "ALI's Mony" [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: Rose Red Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/18/02 11:20 PM
[img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] The talent on this board boggles the mind! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] Way to go Elad and allison!!<p>Rose Red
Posted By: worthatry Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/18/02 11:51 PM
Elad - you are friggin' hilarious.<p>Can you help me come up with a word that rhymes with "Econo Lodge"?<p>WAT
Posted By: Resilient Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/18/02 11:52 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by worthatry:
<strong>Elad - you are friggin' hilarious.<p>Can you help me come up with a word that rhymes with "Econo Lodge"?<p>WAT</strong><hr></blockquote><p>YO WAT ... I sent you an email response, did ya get it???<p>Jo
Posted By: worthatry Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 12:01 AM
Hi Jo - thanks, but no, I didn't get it other than your automated response that had what looked like alien hyroglyphs that I couldn't understand. I was so devastated that I came home and had a beer, thinking YOU'D been abducted!!<p>I also need a word/phrase that rhymes with "liar" other than "pants on fire".<p>WAT
Posted By: Resilient Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 12:06 AM
Dang!<p>I used the default response addy when responding. Ughhhh .... ummm, what addy NOW? <p>Hows about you email me again, yes?
Posted By: swissmiss43 Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 12:28 AM
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I can`t believe I married
A SECOND jerk too<p>Roses are red
Violets are blue
What were you thinking
To sleep with a MOOOO!!!!!<p>Roses are red
Violets are pink
The evidence is in
And you`re a rat fink<p>If you ever repeat the action of boinking such trash
You`d better watch your backside cause I`ll take half your cash.<p>Sorry I couldn`t resist.<p>[ January 18, 2002: Message edited by: Daisy37 ]</p>
Posted By: jdmac1 Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 12:32 AM
Lol, knew I should have stayed away from this thread. You people have too much time on your hands. Real sick puppies.....hehe.<p> jd
Posted By: worthatry Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 12:40 AM
Daisy - WOW!!!<p>I hope I never meet you in a dark alley!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Actually, this wanna-be-comic is VERY impressed. Dern, I better go read all your past posts.<p>More?<p>WAT
Posted By: twiisty Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 12:45 AM
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I found out you have an OC
and that she's 2........<p>Roses are blue
Violets are red
I want to smack you and OW in the head!<p>*~*~*~*~*~*
Um...my poetic genious is out of whack today...kinda having a bad day myself...usually post on the pregnancy/child forum, found this thread intriging....<p>Have a great day y'all...
Twiisty
me (32)
H(32)
ONS which produced an OC (11/99)
d-day 05/01/01
Life goes on...one day at a time.
We have four children together, married for 5 years.<p>*sigh*
Great humor! WAT get the **** out of Dodge rhymes with Econo lodge! How about this one:<p>there was an old lady who swallowed a fly
It was actually my wife with the other guy
She was so worried about being discovered
She should have been more careful to not be uncovered
She was a bundle of nerves in the sack
Always having to look over her back
When she reached for his zipper
her morals were as loose as a stripper
His fly got caught in her teeth
as did the sick skin of his sheath
He yanked back and out came her dentures
Serves them right for their perverse wayward adventure!
Posted By: Rose Red Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 12:57 AM
Angling!! You're kidding, aren't you? [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: swissmiss43 Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 01:08 AM
Rose are red
Violets are blue
You must have been wasted
To sleep with HER EEEEEWWWWW!!!!
No, it was the most AWFUL site, can you imagine! My wife isn't old enough for dentures yet but there have been times......<p>I always like the story about the old lady who swallowed a fly, its about food chains and I believe my wife is currently at the bottom as a bottom dwelling scum sucking leech! Ouch!
Posted By: worthatry Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 01:12 AM
Daisy - you are giving me cramps!!<p>WAT
Posted By: swissmiss43 Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 01:22 AM
If you pork with no condom
And catch a VD
Don`t get in my bed
And give it to me<p>Cause if I am infected
I`ll call you at work
Leave the message with your boss
And you`ll look like a jerk.<p>I DID THIS to my first H.
Daisy, only 1 word, SUPERB!<p>You ROCK!
Posted By: worthatry Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 01:29 AM
OMG Daisy - now you're giving me an organism!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>WAT
Posted By: swissmiss43 Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 01:31 AM
I really have to go get some sleep, let my evil mind rest. I`ll be back with more. Nite.
Posted By: daybreak Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 01:31 AM
Ok, my turn, please!!<p>Roses are red
violets are blue
A red corvette
would've been cheaper too.<p>You and the fat lil
puerto rican girl (I'm not being prejudice, she is fat)
just make me want to
fricken hurl.<p>Help someone I want one with a Mid life Crisis theme.<p>Dawn<p>[ January 18, 2002: Message edited by: daybreak ]</p>
Posted By: Resilient Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 01:32 AM
O
M
G
!<p>Daisy, you are DA QUEEN of V-Day Poetry, and Angling, you are DA Prince!<p>Love you guys, I'm laughing so hard I'm cryin!
Posted By: Resilient Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 01:36 AM
Angling,<p>My condolences to your wife. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]<p>[ January 18, 2002: Message edited by: Resilient ]</p>
Posted By: new_beginning Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 02:00 AM
Oh, you guys are killin' me... I want to play again, and this time I'll rhyme!! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Sung to the tune of the Brady Bunch theme...<p>Here's a story of a man named David
When the seventh year came roaring to a halt
He began to live, as if he's single
He said it wasn't his fault<p>Here's a story of some icky ladies
Who were bu-sy unzipping, licking, things
And they didn't care, or didn't notice
That he was wearing rings...<p>So the one day when this man began to realize
And he knew that it was much more than a game
And the littered hearts that he'd left behind him
Would never heal the same....
Posted By: Resilient Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 02:11 AM
Hi Sheryl sweetie,<p>Very good! ... yet the end made me sad. No one wins when adultery enters a marriage. <p>I think these crazy poems, limericks, sonnets are good therapy for us. I almost pee'd my pants reading Daisy's, she's a nut.<p>I'm waiting with baited breathe for WAT's offering. Tick tock, tick tock.<p>Jo<p>[ January 18, 2002: Message edited by: Resilient ]</p>
Here ya go Dawn:<p>My slime of a man was going thru a Mid life crisis
Let me tell you why his little weanie was limp and lifeless
He was sat on by a fat puerto rican
Who would disgust the horniest man if she was seen streakin!
Posted By: worthatry Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 02:21 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by new_beginning:
<strong>
Here's a story of some icky ladies
Who were bu-sy unzipping, licking, things
</strong><hr></blockquote><p>AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!<p>Sheryl - you are NUTS!!!<p>OMG this is funny!!!!!!<p>Between all you guys, I cannot compete.<p>Jo, please forgive me. I can't even try, now.<p>WAT
Posted By: Rose Red Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 02:28 AM
Resigning from this thread...it's getting way out of hand! [img]images/icons/blush.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: swissmiss43 Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 02:46 AM
I can`t sleep, two more greetings one for PA OW and one for EA OW.<p>PA Woman<p>You saw and you wanted my H for your own
It did not matter that he was not alone<p>What fun it would be one evening so wild
So what if the wife was bearing his child<p>Wife would not know
So who would it hurt?
So you bent over double and lifted your skirt<p>But you know what sweetie
Any woman of class
Would refuse to be used as a mere piece of a**<p>EA woman<p>We used to be friends
Or so I thought
Until the day you told my H he was hot<p>It tickled his fancy to be admired from afar
And let`s not forget the sex talk in the car<p>How noble how caring you both were that night
No further than this, it`s simply not right<p>To whom pray tell I am I to address my thanks
Even though you held off
You still remain skanks<p>[ January 18, 2002: Message edited by: Daisy37 ]</p>
Posted By: tossedwave Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 03:21 AM
Does adultery bring out the poetic side of the BS? What talent!!!!!!Wow what a potpourri of thoughts. <p>What a great laugh we all got from these. Wish I could think of one but not able to. I am inspired by you all. and I sooooooo want to send a few of these V-cards to WS.<p>Hold me back!!!
TW
How is this thread...therapy?<p>How is it anything but hurtful? I wonder, for those of you still trying to heal your marriage, what your spouse would think of this thread.<p>Signing off (and counting herself lucky)...
Posted By: worthatry Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 01:46 PM
TTF - We all know the spouses on the receiving end of these fantasy valentines, still in the act of being WSs, would not be amused. It takes a stable person to laugh at themselves.<p>I believe the fact that BSs and former WSs can find humor in our ordeals is HIGHLY therapeutic.<p>If you do not feel it, perhaps you are not ready to feel it.
A wise person once said that something ceases to be funny when it's at someone else's expense.<p>It may be therapy (on the giving end)...but it's not funny...AT ALL.
Posted By: Faith1 Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 05:17 PM
roflmao.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] These are great! I've been trying to think of something to add!!! Darnit!!! But these are great... I have to say I can relate to AZ allison's the best... I have to vote for that one!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Soon our divorce will be final my dear
But just don't be late with my **** alimony!<hr></blockquote><p>I avoided this thread for a bit, because we all have our own roller coaster of emotions. But when we're ready to feel certain emotions... we have to allow ourselves!! It's so comforting to know I'm not the only one that has these ummmm... *evil* thoughts!!! whew!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>TTF, I understand how you feel. But this place, THANKFULLY!!!! can be a place where we can come and vent our anger, frustrations, sadness, and many other range of emotions. No, we wouldn't want our WS's to be hurt by these things... or else we would truly write these kinds of cards to THEM. It's ok to express anger and pain... in a journal, in a counselor's office, or with good friends that allow you to express your feelings.... and a fun thread keeps it from becoming a pity-party... or worse.<p>Ok, here's my humble contributions... some serious, some not.<p>Roses are red,
Violets are blue
I wanted to spend
My life with you. [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img]
****<p>When you told me you loved me
A thousand times before
I believed you.
When you told me you'd never leave me
A thousand times before
I believed you.
Then you told me you didn't love me
You only said it once
I didn't want to believe you.
Then you told me you were leaving
Then you walked out the door
I guess I have to believe you.
****<p>You were my sunshine, my only sunshine, you made me happy when skies were gray.
You'll never know dear how much I loved you, but you took my sunshine away.
****<p>ok ok ... on a lighter note [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] :<p>It was a clear and sunny day
A year ago in May
We sat and ate at IHOP
You said those words that made my jaw drop.<p>I found out her name is Mel
So she's the one who rings your bell!!!
I hate to tell you, honey
But she only wants your money!<p>You say she's a size 2?!?!?
Well, goodie-goodie for you!!!
There's not much else to say,
but she'll dump your a$$ one day! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: tigger4jdt Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/20/02 06:36 AM
I, too, had been avoiding this thread, but for a slightly different reason. I usually post on P/C, and my H and I are doing very well. I was avoiding it, because due to military reasons, my H and I are seperated this V-day! He will be home in exactly 3 months, missing my B-day and our 13th anniversary, and the baby's 1st birthday. This has been a great read this morning. And for those of you who have been offended, I have been on both sides, BS & WS, but still find these poems fun and amusing. <p>If, and I say IF, any of you truly think about wanting a card like these, you can always go to a card company on line(ie american greetings) and print one up, for therapy purposes [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] I have found myself, that writing my "hateful" feelings down, then burning the letter, has been very helpful.<p>Just my imput.<p>Tigger4jdt
Posted By: Elad Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/20/02 06:40 AM
Hey WAT---<p>Here's my best effort:<p>You said you needed to take a trip
How could I know it would be to the mothership.
On the way there you stayed at an Econo Lodge
Ever since that day you've been in a fog podge<p>I hope some day you'll see the strain
That comes from worms in a Moose's brain
Using cell phone calls to lie and to cheat
With a guy who's &#8220;just friends&#8221; isn&#8217;t very discreet<p>Little did I expect and how could I know
You&#8217;d deny and deny until Phoenix had snow
Sad to say for you dear it&#8217;s your biggest defeat
&#8216;cause you gave up the love that could make you complete
Posted By: sad_n_lonely Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/20/02 06:58 AM
ttf, one of the things that makes us human (not to mention keeps us sane) is our ability to find humor in the blackest dark, these bs are not laughing so much as the ws, as they are celebrating that they intend to live no matter what, and humor (ridicule, sarcasm, etc.) are time honored means of communicating stuff. By taking dark things and making fun of them (gallows humor) we fight back our fear, and our dismay over lifes boulders, it is kinda a survival thingy....yeah, one must be careful not to "victimize" someone, usually the innocent, for how they look, what they believe, where they are from, how much money/social standing they have...but this is not that....their are consequences to being a ws (or anyone who violates the norms of a social systme) and one of them is you will be ridiculed, that is how you take away the power of the ws to hurt the bs.<p>I know no one needs me to "analyze" this thread (heaven forbid), and I personally find it hilarious (albeit makes me feel guilty, and kinda crappy too, oh well)...but I am concerned about ttf, she is carrying some kind of boulder on her back she needs to put down, so I have responded in my usual way to a couple of her concerns here and there. ttf, whatever it is that is keeping you on edge, start a thread and spit it out, there is no witchhunt here against ws, or any desire (that I am aware of) to diminish our worth as people (remind you I am a wsh, and not a particularly repentant one either, sort of conditionally repentant I guess, meaning it was wrong, and I will never allow such a thing to happen again, but I don't think my "choice" was unreasonable considering my exact circumstances....anyways). Nor do I think anyone is specially ignoring your posts or comments because of your ws status. But it seems obvious, ws and bs are probably going to see stuff differently fairly often, and there are a lot more of them than us here, so..well...you get the point. The main issue seems to be you have stopped your affair, and now want to be considered the same as if you never had an affair...that ain't real life, and is an unreasonable expectation. A ws deserves, and should expect a hard time, including having to prove and earn trust, just the way it is...ya know? I am as trustworthy as it gets (pat on back), and I don't view my affair as a simple violation of trust (was more complex than that), but it still was a violation of trust...so my w says she can never trust me and acts badly often, I know I am trustworthy (that does not mean I will do what she wants though, two different things), and it even annoys me some that a lifetime of trust can be gone that easily (I find it irrational), but I do understand why, and my role is to just give her (and the bs here when they annoy me unfairly) space, they deserve it.
Posted By: Resilient Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 07:06 PM
Very good, Elad. We're not worthy! <p>And SnL, well said. Speaking as a "Former [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] " BS, it is better to LB and vent here than it is to take it out on your WS.<p>Jo
SnL...it's not that I think that things are no different (or should be)...I simply refuse to live out the rest of my life with a noose around my neck. It's that simple.
Posted By: swissmiss43 Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 11:29 PM
Dear TTF,<p>When the bad news first hit me I immediately started searching around for help on the web. There are several good websites out there dealing with infidelity. I ran across something which struck a chord with me. <p>It said that at some future point in time than as incredible as it may be to believe that the BS would one day be able to joke and laugh about the cheating. I read that and thought no not me not ever. It hurt me too much. I`m 17 months into this and am finally able to joke about it. I would much rather joke about it than continue crying about it. It will always be in my memory, I might as well do something that gives me a chuckle with the memory instead of pain.
Posted By: Conqueror Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/19/02 11:36 PM
Commit the crime,
Do the time.<p>It's that simple.<p>All choices have consequences. A BS suffers the consequences of someone else's choice. A WS suffers the consequences of their own choice. The point is that EVERYONE suffers when adultery is committed.<p>When a WS paints the scarlet letter on themselves in a society that historically and consistently has condemned that behavior, the consequences cannot be unforeseen, so the consequences were chosen, even the long-range ones, even the life-long ones.<p>If you don't like the noose around your neck, take it off. No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.
Conqueror,<p>I wish I could somehow express how much your brain can truly shut down during an affair. You just DON"T SEE or DON'T CARE about the consequences...<p>I had been down for so long...and then, all of a sudden, I was HAPPY! Really happy! I was so desperate to hold onto that feeling that I didn't even think of the consequences.<p>I don't allow anyone to judge me (until they can prove they're God, that is). <p>I guess it just didn't seem healthy to me for BS's to be expressing and harboring these malicious thoughts about their spouses...how can it be helpful to recovery at all to think like this...if they hate their spouses so much then why bother trying to be in the relationship, you know? I think I get it now, though...they say these things here to get these feelings out and avoid hurting their WS's. They say things here that they would never say to their WS's.<p>That's all well and good, I guess...but I would know it if my SO were thinking these things about me...it would come through in his words and actions. I would be devastated if my SO said some of the things that I've read here...because it would mean that he was playing the "poor me" victim role and STILL not realizing that he helped to create this situation. Yes, he was hurt...I was hurt for years before my affair...but how far would we get if both of us refused to let go of our hurt? Not very far at all.
Posted By: Conqueror Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/20/02 11:07 PM
TTF,<p>My mom used to cook things in a pressure cooker on the stove, and the little release thingy would dance on top of the cooker as the excess pressure and steam were released. I think this thread is like that little release thingy (have no idea what the actual NAME of that thing is).<p>No matter where we are in a R we usually have negative feelings as well as positive feelings. I think it's better for us to let the unproductive negative stuff out in ways like this rather than letting it build up and explode all over our spouses. I understand it can sound insensitive, but we're only mirroring the insensitivity some of us experience every single day, but at least we're aiming the reflection here in a safe place rather than in our WS's face.<p>It's sure not meant as any kind of taunt or jab at you and other remorseful former WSs. I personally admire you and all the WSs who've found their way here. However, I still say that it is a WS's own responsibility to weigh the consequences of their actions. Living in our culture into adulthood means we've all known about adultery and its consequences. If, when the pressure's on, we don't notice or think about them, then that is a choice, too.<p>I may not have been a WS, but I have made regretful choices in my life that I am still living the consequences of decades later. The worst of those choices in particular was made because I convinced myself it was actually the RIGHT thing to do, but in hindsight (and even as it was happening, just when it was too late to turn back), I knew in my heart that what I was doing was wrong.<p>So I wear a label, too. When you finally feel forgiven, though, you no longer feel that the label defines you. It is just a part of your experience in this life that hopefully you learned a valuable lesson from and didn't let that label define the rest of your life.<p>I think especially the people here at MB are well aware of our responsibility for the deterioration of our Ms to the point that adultery entered the picture, so I'm sure none of us are coming from the viewpoint that we are completely innocent of the destruction of our Ms.<p>As I told my H, I walked hand-in-hand with him all the way up to the door of adultery. At that point in time, we each were equally perpetrator and victim, but once he stepped through that door without me, everything from that point forward shifted to him being the perpetrator and me being the victim.<p>That's why those of us here are working on our issues that led up to that door, so we recognize our perpetrator-hood as well as our victim-hood. This thread just happens to be about our victim-hood. Many of us have written just as candid posts about our perpetrator-hood.<p>Anyway, I hope that helps ease any discomfort with the subject matter.
Posted By: worthatry Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/20/02 11:37 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TowardsTheFuture:
<strong>
I wish I could somehow express how much your brain can truly shut down during an affair. You just DON'T SEE or DON'T CARE about the consequences...</strong><hr></blockquote><p>TTF - I really appreciate your feelings stated this way. This is EXACTLY why I joke about my wife being abducted by aliens and having her brain scrambled before they gave her back. <p>Is it funny to you? I can understand why not. <p>It's my way of explaining an unexplainable behavior. The absurdity of the alien abduction theory matches the absurdity of the behavior - perhaps being consistent with your struggle to express your feelings. Understand?<p>I tried hard not to cast my W as a bad or evil person - because I know she's not even though her actions suggest it. The humorous way was the only way I could otherwise describe her.
Posted By: Rose Red Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/21/02 04:20 AM
TTF, (if you're still following this thread) I myself was a little surprized at how this thread tapped into a lot of hostile feelings, when my intent was merely some wry, bittersweet little comments. However, I don't know why I was surprized, since I certainly have plenty of days when I feel totally bitter and resentful.<p>You know, it would be a mistake to assume that we all have some variation on your own story. Of course, as married couples we all share responsibility for the states of our marriages, but some infidelity cases don't turn upon the issue of one badly LB'ed and neglected spouse finally turning to an affair as a last ditch effort to find the love and attention they so desperately need. In my case, my husband had a one night stand with another woman four years ago simply because she offered. At the time he was perfectly happy with me, so he says. Four years later, he continued to travel all the time, and despite my pleas that he spend more of his life at home with his family, he began not to feel like part of the family, he wouldn't tell me how he felt, I felt estranged because he was gone as well, and another woman offered herself to him. He took her, thinking that "he deserved it," and began imagining he was living a porn movie. All the while I held down the fort, chauffered the kids, paid the bills, and read marriage books, trying to figure out why my husband didn't seem to love me much any more. I tried many times to discuss our "problem" with him, to read him passages from books, to work on the problem, but he wouldn't help me. He didn't want to get close to me because he was in an affair.<p>What I'm saying here is that not every WS is like you. I do have bitter, angry days because my husband never even told me he was unhappy before jumping into bed with another woman. I had absolutely no clue that there was a problem before he began the affair, so I don't feel that there was anything I could've done. Even he tells me, "You didn't do anything. It was all my fault."<p>Please try not to take all this personally, TTF. Our anger is not towards you, really.<p>Rose Red
Posted By: hurtbyhubby Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/21/02 11:35 AM
I agree, sometimes you just need to laugh in order to get through the pain. It is funny because we know no matter how much one of us would love to give our WS that type of card, we could never do it. Just because we are hurting does not mean we would intentionally hurt someone else.<p>Here are mine:<p>Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
I wish your OC
Was mine too
(our child, not his and OW's child)<p>I can't stop thinking
Of your time spent with her
I wish there was a doctor
That could find a cure
To take away this hurt and
The pain it has caused
I really wish you could see
All of her flaws
This woman made choices
Just as you did
It is not entirely your fault
She is having your kid
You need to grow up and
Accept what you did
Or else I fear
We will never be rid
Of the pain OW
Has brought to our lives
That's right, I said it
It still hurts like knives
I will love your child
As if it were my own
But if you get back with her
I will turn to stone
Regardless of the choices
We made in the past
Our decisions now
Will determine if we last
I love you H
Will all of my heart
Please now remember
To do your part<p>This Valentine's Day
My gift to you
Is to stand by your side
And belp you get through<p>I can only imagine
How hard it will be
I hope you will do
The same for me<p>
Deleted verses:<p>I will be here for you
Help you walk through the door
As long as you stay
away from that hor<p>HbH
Oooh! I got a new one:<p>When you came back
You told me your feelings were sorted
I just found out
It was because your b***h was deported!<p>Don't cry, don't pout
Don't take it so hard
She didn't love you
She just needed a green card.<p>How was that?
OK I admit it...<p>...these are pretty funny [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: daybreak Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/22/02 06:58 AM
Glad you got it!!!<p>If we don't have our humor all we have are our tears. <p>I'd rather laugh then blot my eyes all day.<p>Dawn [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]
A GREEAT STRESS RELIEVER!
Posted By: scoick Re: Valentine Cards for Infidelity.... - 01/23/02 06:01 AM
Thanks for the great poems......<p>We need a good laugh.
s
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums