Marriage Builders
Posted By: schizzo Anyone remember me? - 03/14/02 05:12 PM
I know it's been a long time. Things are going great!

Post here if you remember me and want to know what's going on...in my life. <p> [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: Lor (Lor) Re: Anyone remember me? - 03/14/02 05:22 PM
Schizzo,
I remember you. I'm glad to hear things are going great...you could be a llittle more wordy on good details!<p>We're good too. 22 months in recovery. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] .
Posted By: Patient Love Re: Anyone remember me? - 03/14/02 05:42 PM
schizzo,<p>I remember you as well.
Peppermint started a Reunion Thread a couple of days back...
I think it is on page 2 or maybe 3 now.
Check it out and let us know how you are doing...
here or there.<p> [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: Resilient Re: Anyone remember me? - 03/14/02 05:46 PM
Hi Schizzo,<p>I certainly do remember you. Tell us how things are.<p>Jo
Posted By: OffOnOnOff Re: Anyone remember me? - 03/15/02 06:11 AM
Not really. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] Of course I do. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I'm glad to hear that thing is better for you. I wish I could say the same thing.
Posted By: hurtinginil Re: Anyone remember me? - 03/15/02 06:20 AM
I do, I do!!! So glad that things are going so well for you and your family. Post us the details, please???<p> [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: Princess0413 Re: Anyone remember me? - 03/15/02 06:28 AM
I don't know you or your full story, but I do know that we are all here for the same ultimate purpose. I would love to hear how well things are going for you. I think it's wonderful that you are doing well. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: justthewife Re: Anyone remember me? - 03/15/02 06:28 AM
schizzo, schizzo, hmmmmm<p>Could be a bit familiar........<p>Yeah, I guess so [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>What's the deal????
Posted By: worthatry Re: Anyone remember me? - 03/15/02 06:28 AM
Welcome "home."
Posted By: Just Learning Re: Anyone remember me? - 03/15/02 06:29 AM
Schizzo,<p>Of course you are remembered. How are you doing? I hope it is well. Tell us what you have been up to these days.<p>JL
Posted By: Haka Re: Anyone remember me? - 03/14/02 08:06 PM
Hey!<p>Yes tell us how things are going.. I did an identity change last year, changed nicks, you know.. I was tired of being Empty [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Becareful, this place is addictive [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: Princess0413 Re: Anyone remember me? - 03/14/02 08:12 PM
Husband2you - Semper Fi to you too. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] Just had to share that. My hubby is a Devil Dog. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: schizzo Re: Anyone remember me? - 03/15/02 01:04 AM
Wow,<p>It's nice to see so many familiar "faces". I won't be able to sit and write a good post, but I'll come back tomorrow. I guess I could start a separate thread so any who don't know me would feel free to come and hear some good news...<p>By the way, I originally stopped posting because the log-in shut me out when I tried to change my e-mail addy. The message boards seem better than ever now.
Posted By: sing Re: Anyone remember me? - 03/15/02 01:50 AM
I do, I do, I do, [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: mthrrhbard Re: Anyone remember me? - 03/15/02 02:38 AM
Hi Cindy!<p>So glad to hear things are continuing to go well for you. How are H and the kids? Last time we heard from you, H was changing jobs,no? How has that worked out for you all? Looking forward to your update.<p>All is well on this front too! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: schizzo Re: Anyone remember me? - 03/15/02 04:08 AM
Lor, good to hear you are doing well.<p>Patient Love, Resilient, OOOO; we didn't post to each other that much, but I remember all of you as well. Funny how we fell we've known each other just from writing here.<p>hurtinginil, I hope your rollercoaster has smoothed out. I remember we almost met in Orlando.<p>So what's the deal? You guys still post here a lot? Or come from time to time?<p>I posted an update on another thread. I thought more newerbies who could use the encouragement would see it.<p>sing, [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] (A lot easier to do these Graemlins than it used to be).<p>mthrrbard,<p>Did you get my e-mail?<p>[ March 14, 2002: Message edited by: schizzo ]</p>
Posted By: schizzo Re: Anyone remember me? - 03/15/02 12:48 PM
There are still some here that remember my story. D-day was Nov. '99, one of the lowest points in my life. I posted here almost daily, this was my only support network at one point.
When we promised ourselves and each other to live by the Harley principles, we set things in motion that started us toward meeting each other's needs and building a great relationship for the first time. I thank God we had an opportunity to start again and get it right. And yes, I believe WE were given another opportunity, even though he was the WS; we both made many mistakes, didn't know much about what it took to have a good marriage.
Our relationship was much better and I realized I would have to put his betrayal behind me. I would have to do it, it wasn't something he could help me with.<p>Another thing we grappled with for a very long time was how we could better set up our lives to create the infrastructure for a great marriage. We realized that we had so many decisions ranging from his job to where we lived that were not moral decisions, but they collectively had a very big impact on our family.<p>We struggled trying to spend the 15 hours a week Harley recommended. But he continued working long hours and travelling almost constantly. The travel especially caused us to disconnect since there never was a chance to catch up on all the hours we were apart, and the parts of each other's lives we had missed.<p>So, we've been searching for two years for a way to make a good living that would also give us a great lifestyle; one where we could spend lots of time together and with our kids. We wanted to work the hours we chose and have the time for our family. We truly thought we would just have to settle for him going back to the same old type of job (he was laid off in Sept. as some here will remember).<p>The short version of this is that we have found what we were looking for. I don't want to get into details here because I deeply respect the purpose of these boards to stick strictly to marriage issues. But if anyone wants to know; serious or curious; you could e-mail me or post your e-mail addys here.
Posted By: schizzo Re: Anyone remember me? - 03/15/02 05:02 PM
I'm confusing myself by posting on more than one board, but many of my friends mainly hang out on one and might not see my message if I didn't post it here too.<p>However, to avoid being redundant, I'll post a link instead:<p>http://www.marriagebuilders.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=8&t=008515
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums