Marriage Builders
Posted By: hanora o - 04/26/02 05:12 AM

<small>[ February 07, 2005, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: hanora ]</small>
Posted By: hope4future Re: o - 04/26/02 05:45 AM
That is so sweet! I LOVE to do stuff like that, and unfortunatly THINK of it more than I DO it. GOOD FOR YOU!
Posted By: Faith1 Re: o - 04/26/02 01:41 AM
yay you! That's wunnnerful!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: worthatry Re: o - 04/26/02 01:08 PM
hanora - It DOES make you feel good, doesn't it?<p>Let me share what I do to keep that feeling of being worthwhile and worthy of my place on the planet: I'm a pin cushion.<p>I've long been a blood donor, but when my son became ill, I became a walking source of platelets for him. Turns out (for reasons I don't understand) my HLA typing is somehow compatible with a lot of patients needing platelets and I frequently get called from NIH (close by to my office) to come in and donate for anonymous patients - I was just there three days ago. The real treat is when I get called by Children's Hospital (where my son was treated) and I get to meet the child I'm donating for - if the parents request it. I always comply because I feel it's an obligation - and the good feeling I get in knowing that perhaps I'm helping to save a life is, well, priceless.<p>[ April 26, 2002: Message edited by: worthatry ]</p>
Posted By: hanora Re: o - 04/26/02 08:45 PM

<small>[ February 07, 2005, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: hanora ]</small>
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums