Marriage Builders
Posted By: SwH A harsh punishment for having an A - 08/20/02 01:07 PM
I'm watching ABC, I think it is Good Morning America. They reported on a woman in another country is was ordered to be stoned to death because she was found unfaithful

Even at my lowest I would never wish such a punishment for infidelity.
Posted By: Spacecase Re: A harsh punishment for having an A - 08/20/02 01:14 PM
It is unfortunate, but in many countries, in particular the Arab world, very harsh physical punishment is imposed for adultery.
Posted By: ayslyne Re: A harsh punishment for having an A - 08/20/02 01:20 PM
harsh punishment for women who commit adultery not for men. That is what is so sad about the pervesion that has happened to what truly is a beautiful religon-Islam-those in power pollute the interpretations to their own advantage. This is nothing new. It has happened in every culture with every religion. It is so sad that in a time of hightened technology and intellectual awareness this sort of atrocity still exists on such a dramatically large scale.
This is not a case of infidelity as we think about it. The charge is "adultery", which I think even our Biblical scholars here will agree means to some religions "any sex outside of marriage." In this case, the woman in Nigeria was convicted by an Islamic court of having a child outside of marriage.

"She told the authorities that the father of Wasila, her third child, was Yahaya Mahmud, her boyfriend of 11 months, who she said had seduced her with an offer of marriage."

Full story: http://asia.news.yahoo.com/020819/afp/020819154107top.html

This case is an outrage that should offend civilized people everywhere. Yet another case of a bunch of men terrified of female sexuality enforcing a double standard in the name of religion.

Please do not confuse this with cheating within a marriage.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums