Marriage Builders
Posted By: OffOnOnOff Still alive, but not kicking - an update. - 09/27/02 11:28 AM
Dear friends,
I have not been here for quite a while, but I would like to let you know that I missed you all and here is my update.

Things between me and my wife are somewhat improving, but not to the level where I would want to be. We are communicating better than before, even though from time to time, she still criticized me on certain things, but I already got used to them.

About a month ago, my wife DID plan to have one of our children going shopping with their aunt and the other one going to friend’s birthday so that we could be alone for just the two of us, but the going shopping didn’t happen. I guess it was just a coincident when I mentioned to her that sometimes we needed to spend time together alone. Then she said to me about her plan to be intimate with me, but it didn’t happen.

Based on that, I did feel good about it, because “the thought counts”. Do you think so, my friends?

But then again, last week I had an appointment for late morning so I didn’t have to be at work until noon, I asked her if we could be alone in bed. She said “yes”, but told me to hurry up and get over with it. I should have turned away, but I guess my hormone was high up there after 2.5 years without SEX. So, we had sex. Nothing special and it seemed to be the same before her affair more than 2.5 years ago.

Now I have a mixed feeling about this. Maybe it’s because it was our first time in 2.5 years. I have a feeling that I shouldn’t initiate sex again and let her initiate it next time (if there is next time). What do you think for those of you who have been through similar situation?

Again, thank you for reading this.
similar situation here - I got to the point where I just *hate* the "OK if you want it, but hurry up" routine. sometimes my hormones prove to be stronger than my brain and heart, but I made it a rule now to thankfully decline. I mean, it's not really what 'making love' is about, is it.
© Marriage Builders® Forums