Marriage Builders
Posted By: Dick To Professorg - 01/20/00 08:55 PM
Rob:<P>As I read your reply to Jungle Princess about your situation....I felt impressed to share something with you.<P>You said your wife has had 8 affairs in 7 years. Yet, you are hanging in there and continuing to love her.<P>Anway, I was reminded of the story in Hosea concerning Hosea and his adulterous wife, Gomer.<P>Anyway, there is a verse in Hosea in which (speaking of Gomer) she says: "I will return to my first husband, for then it was better for me than it is now"<P>Perhaps someday your wife will confess this.<P>Blessings to you my dear brother!<P>[censored] from Texas
Posted By: professorg Re: To Professorg - 01/22/00 02:47 PM
Thanks. Dr. J. Vernon Magee is cover this book in his show Through The Bible. I feel just like Hosea in that God directed me to marry her though I did not realize at the time that she fit the bill of Gomer.<P>My pastor had told me to read it some time ago and I did and got the same impression. God has revealed that she will definitely be saved but only after I die. I don't want it to be that way but if it is His will then I am okay with it. The most important thing is that she will be saved.<P>However, affection would certainlybe welcomed right now. 30 May 1999 was a long time ago. Haven't touched her since then. It hurts incredibly bad. Broke down last night after her birthday party because of the pain.<P>Thanks for the prayers. He has been answering them right on time. <P>------------------<BR><B><I>God Bless,<BR>Rob</I></B><P>
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums