Marriage Builders
Posted By: Dogbert Theology discussion here... - 03/09/01 03:22 PM
Ok let's get off her thread.<P>Look back and tell me exactly where I justified affairs?
Posted By: NeverAgain Re: Theology discussion here... - 03/10/01 06:59 AM
I didn't mean to imply you justified affairs. He filled her head with this theological esoterical pie in the sky stuff under the pretext of helping her as a 'Man of God" . But the only thing he helped was..........himself to what was covered by her panties. And after he gave her that 'help' he moved on to greener and fresher pastures..... which is what I am doing regarding this thread.<BR>The best to you.
Posted By: HGBrawner Re: Theology discussion here... - 03/09/01 07:01 PM
I didn't say that you justified affairs..I'm sorry if you took that from my post. My personal belief is that you generalized too much in saying that all men struggle with lust. We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I just read Romans 7 in two translations of the Bible...New International and New Living....and neither one specifies lust as the subject. Paul is talking about sin...all sin....and how we humans are sinful by nature. He goes on in Romans 8:5-8 to say "Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. If your sinful nature controls your mind, then there is death. But if the Holy Spirit controls your mind, there is life and peace. For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God's laws, and it never will. That's why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God." Before that in Romans 6:1-2 Paul says "Well then, should we keep on sinning so that God can show us more and more kindness and forgiveness? Of course not! Since we have died to sin, how we can continue to live in it?"<P>Perhaps the problem here, Dogbert, is that you and I have different definitions of lust. Simply seeing a person of the opposite sex and finding them beautiful or handsome...even attractive...isn't lust. It is going on in your mind to fantasize about them in sexual ways that makes it lust. It is spending time in this type of sexual fantasy about people other than your spouse that is lust. I stand by my belief that the mature Christian man and woman recognize this and guard against it. I don't deny that sometimes even the mature Christian will sin and have lustful thoughts...but that is a matter of going to God and seeking His forgiveness and guidance and power to not fall again. I believe that continuing to fall into this type of sin suggests a problem that needs attention from a therapist and certainly seeking a deeper walk with God. I believe that through the power of the Holy Spirit it can be overcome.<P>We all have our personal beliefs and perspectives. I'm not going to try to convince you that mine is right and yours is wrong and I hope you will give me the same courtesy. Let's just all be friends [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31
Posted By: Dogbert Re: Theology discussion here... - 03/09/01 07:11 PM
H - <P>I don't think we disagree at all. I agree that it is WHAT you do after you notice another person that makes it sin. But the "struggle" to keep from taking the noticing into the lusting is what I am referring to here. Our natural impulses is to go beyond the look and into the lust and as a Christian our duality causes us angst because of the war within between our regenerated man and the flesh which we still have.<P>I think that "struggle" as I have defined here is something most Christian men do because we know it is wrong. For me, many times the struggle to NOT lust is great and you say for mature Christians this struggle should not be so great. I say that with maturity (defined as really becoming committed to Christ) comes greater oppression and attempts to derail you by the enemy. The enemy doesn't work as hard on those he already has under his control so that immature Christian doesn't feel angst because he is not fighting it.<P>Since I have started 'fighting' it the enemy has really turned up the heat so to speak. And I don't think he is happy about it and he ain't going down without a fight.
Posted By: HGBrawner Re: Theology discussion here... - 03/10/01 01:29 AM
So is it the word "struggling" that we define differently?<BR>To me, a struggle is something you deal with daily or several times a week. I understand and agree that satan does come after a person who is growing in the Lord, but I rest on the promise of the Bible that satan can't throw anything at me that God isn't fully prepared to help me handle and overcome. Satan does know our weak spots and loves to try to attack us there. But I believe that those weak spots may well be areas that we are holding onto ourselves, rather than surrendering to the Lord. The scripture tells me that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." <P>In the post where all this started, I took it from the writer's story that her husband has a bigger problem with lust than what you or another man may deal with. This is absolutely possible and I believe you would agree with me. There are men whose battle with lust is an hourly thing....and lust has the upper hand. Unfortunately the very medium that makes this board avaiable to help so many people, feeds that lust.<P>------------------<BR>"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31<p>[This message has been edited by HGBrawner (edited March 09, 2001).]
Posted By: Dogbert Re: Theology discussion here... - 03/10/01 01:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HGBrawner:<BR><B>Unfortunately the very medium that makes this board avaiable to help so many people, feeds that lust.<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Exactly. Right now even I am tweaking my Internet filter trying to keep out the bad stuff while allowing the stuff that is okay. I can't seem to make it do right because one filter that keeps out some bad stuff would not allow this page to download all the way. Ugh! I wonder what key word is on this page?<P><BR>
Posted By: Doug Re: Theology discussion here... - 03/11/01 12:56 AM
Lust?
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums