Marriage Builders
Posted By: Mrs_Bricks Questions - 04/22/12 04:28 PM
It's been almost 3months since DDay and we are having some questions about continuing sessions with MB plan. I posted this in the SAA but no one answered. I hope someone will answer this. Thank you in advance.

I have some questions for the Vets or anyone who is in counseling or had counseling with SH. How many months did you all avail his services and what did you do when you are not in counseling anymore? Did you order a home course material so you can still continue or you just did it on your own using his teachings? I also emailed the office asking them if we are allowed to buy the accountable program since we ended our session 2 weeks ago after our 3 - "5 sessions package." We like SH a lot and will miss talking to him every week but it is too expensive at this time ( taxes, kids' summer school, my grad school and everything else ) but so worth every penny.

We still continue to plan our weekly UA ( 16-18 hours ) and tried so hard to meet our goal of more than 15 hours. We still do our plan of work ( our ENs ) with check marks if fulfilled and we make it a point to always include each other to whatever decision we may have.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Questions - 04/22/12 04:39 PM
MrsB, I would get these books and go through the assignments on your own:

Five Steps to Romantic Love (workbook)
Lovebusters
Surviving an Affair

In SAA, jump back to chapter 6 and start there and do the lessons. When you finish that, move onto Lovebusters and use the workbook to guide you through the lessons.

The hardest part for my H and I was learning the POJA, so you might need some help there when you get to that part. And in the meantime, be very strict about your UA time because this program does not work without it!
Posted By: Mrs_Bricks Re: Questions - 04/22/12 05:16 PM
Thank you so much, MelodyLane!

We have all of the 3 books that you mentioned. I told BRICKS about it and I bookmarked to chapter 6 on the SAA so it will be ready for us today. Yes, you are right about the strict UA time, it is very helpful for us to have our ENs printed out to be fulfilled and checked every time just like when SH have us submit to him every week. It does help a whole lot with being accountable with our ENs to each other.

We continue to do our plan of work ( scheduling of UA time ) every week and will start scheduling for babysitters - did the very first time last weekend ( paid $80 for 2 kids ages 11 and 6 for 10 hours but worth it! ) and have planned for next week as well. Our
main thing is hard to find things or activities that we both enjoy doing. We got a lot of ideas from that workbook before and will revisit. Thanks, again for answering my questions right away. Both BRICKS and I appreciate it.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums