Marriage Builders
Posted By: goldenyears Recovery Success - 06/16/17 01:15 PM
Almost nine years ago at the 41-year mark of our marriage, my husband and I could have easily become just another divorce statistic. Instead, he begged forgiveness and pledged his love and support for the remainder of our lives. Devastated, I sought guidance from the Harleys and from the MB Forum. Most advice I took, and some I chose to tweak a bit; but I decided that I wanted the "happily ever after" and that I would work with my repentant spouse to get through the bad times, as we had pledged to do in our wedding vows. On June 3, we celebrated our Golden Wedding Anniversary with friends and family. Recovery is hard work, but anything worth having is not easily achieved. We are happy and enjoying our lives.
Posted By: armymama Re: Recovery Success - 06/16/17 06:54 PM
GY,

It is so wonderful to see your post and know that you are doing well.

Congratulations on the Golden Wedding Anniversary! So glad that you are happy.

We are doing well and will have our 35th wedding anniversary June 26th.

Fondly,
AM
Posted By: Doormat_No_More Re: Recovery Success - 08/25/17 04:00 AM
GY,

Congratulations. You & I went through this around a similar time (2009-ish), and I remember reading your threads and enjoying the wisdom shared.

Glad for your recovery. Keep up the good work!
Posted By: goldenyears Re: Recovery Success - 12/09/19 10:20 PM
Army Mama,
My husband and I have continued to live out the life we had both envisioned prior to his indiscretion. Wow! I've moved quite a distance in the eleven years since discovery. The MB forum really never enters my mind until this time of year, when I am reminded of the people on here, with you being primary, who helped me through such a terrible time.

I hope that you and your husband are doing well!

Golden Years
Posted By: goldenyears Re: Recovery Success - 12/09/19 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Doormat_No_More
GY,

Congratulations. You & I went through this around a similar time (2009-ish), and I remember reading your threads and enjoying the wisdom shared.

Glad for your recovery. Keep up the good work!

Doormat No More,

Your touching base with me two years ago was very touching. As I told Army Mama in the above reply, we are continuing to do well. I hope you are living life fully!

GY
Posted By: armymama Re: Recovery Success - 03/22/23 02:15 AM
No idea why I ended up here this evening. It's not any kind of trigger date. There's nothing that made me think of H's affair so many years ago. We are doing well and will celebrate 41st anniversary in June. Hope you are well GY!
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Recovery Success - 03/22/23 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by armymama
No idea why I ended up here this evening. It's not any kind of trigger date. There's nothing that made me think of H's affair so many years ago. We are doing well and will celebrate 41st anniversary in June. Hope you are well GY!

Hi armymama! So nice to see you! Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary!
Posted By: armymama Re: Recovery Success - 06/07/23 10:37 PM
Hey, BrainHurts. I remember you. Thanks for the greeting. We are heading out on a couple of cruises this summer, It's great to get out and about after the years of covid. Hope all is well with you also!
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Recovery Success - 06/08/23 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by armymama
Hey, BrainHurts. I remember you. Thanks for the greeting. We are heading out on a couple of cruises this summer, It's great to get out and about after the years of covid. Hope all is well with you also!
So nice to see you back! Yes so nice to get out after COVID. Hope all is well with you!
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums