Marriage Builders
Posted By: Caren4pets1 Reconnect? - 09/27/18 06:12 PM
Been divorced 7 years. Was amicable when his SO wasn't allowed to interject her control or thoughts on him....He hasnt come right out and said he wants to reconnect but I know him...we were married for 25 years...I just dont know how to proceed....
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Reconnect? - 09/27/18 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by Caren4pets1
Been divorced 7 years. Was amicable when his SO wasn't allowed to interject her control or thoughts on him....He hasnt come right out and said he wants to reconnect but I know him...we were married for 25 years...I just dont know how to proceed....
Welcome to MB.

Could you tell us a little more? Why did your marriage end? Was his SO an other woman? Do you have any children? If you�re divorced why are you still in contact?
Posted By: Caren4pets1 Re: Reconnect? - 09/28/18 11:55 AM
Marriage ended due to his affair. Which turned into a on and off relationship for almost 7 years. Yes, SO was OW. ! daughter; grown. I'm not sure as to why the questions if we are divorced why are we still in contact?
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Reconnect? - 09/28/18 12:28 PM
What is your question for us? I read your post again and don't see a question.
Posted By: Caren4pets1 Re: Reconnect? - 09/28/18 12:53 PM
I find this NO help....Know It Alls...Better to continue to pay the 95$ a hour to my therapist....Lots of luck to all of you who think you have all the answers and can judge everyone!
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Reconnect? - 09/28/18 01:09 PM
Well, you can't get help if you don't ask for it. What is your question?
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Reconnect? - 09/28/18 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Caren4pets1
Marriage ended due to his affair. Which turned into a on and off relationship for almost 7 years. Yes, SO was OW. ! daughter; grown. I'm not sure as to why the questions if we are divorced why are we still in contact?
I was asking about contact after divorce because Dr. Harley recommends that separation/divorce due to an affair to go NC. The reason is that contact with someone who is having an affair can cause much pain to the betrayed spouse. So I was asking why you were in contact with your WXH in case I missed something. Him having contact with you and his OW allows him to get his needs met by both of you.
Posted By: KGaa12 Re: Reconnect? - 11/13/18 03:53 PM
Just my 2 cents. I guess I would want to know what changed that can assure you that your ex has no further contact with this OW?

Sounds to me like you totally disconnected from your H when he was with OW and now he is somehow reaching out to you. Did his A die a natural death?

I would want to ensure with evidence that OW is no longer in contact and will never be; easier said than done.

Also, have you examined how you feel about him after all this? Maybe you have no reason to reconnect?
© Marriage Builders® Forums