Marriage Builders
Posted By: proudmommaof5 Moving on with my life.....finally! - 06/23/17 05:55 PM
It has been a long road but I finally got the courage to file for divorce from my husband. This August will be a year that we have been separated but I still felt like he had control over me. It has been about three months now that I am finally happy and ok with my decision and ok with being a single mom of 5 kids.

I just want to thank everyone who has provided me advice and support through my journey. I know there is still a long road ahead of me to actually become divorced. My aunt who has also been very supportive got me a plaque to keep with me that says..... Always Remember You Are Braver Than You Believe, Stronger Than You Seem, and Smarter Than You Think smile

To anyone struggling with the decision to leave an abusive spouse know that you deserve better and you are strong enough to make it on your own smile
Posted By: Prisca Re: Moving on with my life.....finally! - 06/23/17 08:15 PM
Very glad to hear you are taking this step!

Are you in a dark Plan B?
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Moving on with my life.....finally! - 06/23/17 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Prisca
Very glad to hear you are taking this step!

Are you in a dark Plan B?
I second this. Are you in a dark Plan B and have an IM for issues regarding the children?
Yes we have been communicating through his mother and now my attorney. I am so relieved and happy to be rid of our toxic relationship. Now I am focused on healing myself and building a better relationship with my kids.

I hope that I will be allowed to move back home after the divorce is finalized. Just the thought of running into him somewhere makes my stomach turn frown
I have my first court date on 8/2. Will I have to see him? I'm a nervous wreck frown
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Moving on with my life.....finally! - 07/14/17 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by proudmommaof5
I have my first court date on 8/2. Will I have to see him? I'm a nervous wreck frown
Is there anyway you can avoid this? Do you have to be there or can your lawyer represent you?
Posted By: Elaina7 Re: Moving on with my life.....finally! - 08/24/17 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by proudmommaof5

I was thinking about you- how is it going? How did the first court appearance go for you?
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums