Marriage Builders
Posted By: PigletWiglet Getting Married in January - 10/24/19 07:23 PM
Hi Friends,

I haven't logged in for a long time! I am not sure if anyone remembers me. I was on the boards in the 2014-2015 era with a cheating husband. I am happy to report that I successfully went into Plan B, moved far away, and divorced him.

After the divorce, things became peaceful again and I started to date. I went on 20(!) coffee dates (it seemed more like a million) and ended up meeting a wonderful man, who I am marrying in January. He also had a wayward ex-wife, so he knows the drill, and his happy with MB principles.

Anyway, there is life after infidelity and it can be great again.
Posted By: living_well Re: Getting Married in January - 10/24/19 08:33 PM
I remember you Piglet, welcome back! MB principles are wonderful aren't they. I remarried in 2012 and it is so different. MB taught me how to my DH with respect and he does the same. Much easier to do that from the get-go. Seeing us together has helped my children too.
Posted By: nmwb77 Re: Getting Married in January - 10/24/19 09:22 PM
Hi PW! I remember you! Great to hear your update. I got remarried in 2016, and I now have two daughters! I don’t know if you remember that lawsuit by my ex’s AP, but it was eventually settled in my favor.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Getting Married in January - 10/24/19 09:29 PM
Congratulations!! Sometimes divorce is the definition of success and it sounds like you proved that.
Posted By: PigletWiglet Re: Getting Married in January - 10/24/19 10:00 PM
Thanks, everyone (I remember all of you)!

I am glad that those who have remarried have found partners who are committed to the principles of a good marriage. When you are in the dark times, it is hard to see that there will be good times again.

I have been double-ly lucky to find a man who will be a good stepfather to my daughter. He did not have kids himself because his ex did not want them, which he was always sad about, but had resigned himself to.

But now he is very happy to be becoming a stepdad. I don't think we will have any more kids because I now have to take medication that may cause complications in pregnancy, but we are fine with that. We are just both grateful for the kiddo we have and are happy to have the family we always wanted. We are aware that being a blended family may cause stress that bio families do not have, so we are committed to the POJA. especially for things concerning the kiddo. I haven't seen any red flags concerning that at all. He is a former teacher, and principal, so overall he is great with kids.

My ex has been OK. Last year, my intermediary told me she couldn't do it anymore, so I started handling messages myself (not wanting to burden my friends any further). She must have trained him well (LOL)! He only sends messages concerning schedule changes for the kiddo (and there are not many). So, I am not in Plan B anymore, but I don't really know anything about his life, and I don't care. Plan B was great for getting into the rhythm of parallel parenting, which is our status quo now.

Posted By: living_well Re: Getting Married in January - 10/24/19 10:23 PM
My DH has become my intermediary. It works brilliantly. I would never have asked but he offered. Like your intended, he has no children of his own and is thrilled to have some now plus a dog.
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Getting Married in January - 10/25/19 03:36 AM
Hi PigletWiglet! So wonderful to hear your good news. Thank you for coming back and sharing it with us.
Posted By: axslinger85 Re: Getting Married in January - 10/27/19 04:23 AM
Congrats PW, great update! Sounds like you have found a great guy, very happy for you. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes finding someone who will build the marriage on solid MB principles. Sounds like your Plan B has been solid. I've seen some stories on the forums over the years of ex-waywards poking and proding at betrayeds for years after the fact, glad you were able to slam the door on that.

I think living_well's idea of using your spouse as an IM is a good one, that's basically what my wife and I decided to do if there was any contact from my ex. You've got co-parenting to worry about so that's a more regular item in your case. I'd run it by your fiancee, my guess is it would make him feel more comfortable about the situation. And I think that's technically an EP we're supposed to follow anyways.
Posted By: PigletWiglet Re: Getting Married in January - 10/28/19 04:23 PM
Hi Ax,

You are right there. My fiance is free to see whatever he wants, but it makes sense to have him as an IM.

Thanks again, everyone! I am especially glad to see that Ax and nmwb77 are happily remarried. I felt like we are all 3 musketeers going through such awful experiences at the same time.

Posted By: nmwb77 Re: Getting Married in January - 10/28/19 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by PigletWiglet
I am especially glad to see that Ax and nmwb77 are happily remarried. I felt like we are all 3 musketeers going through such awful experiences at the same time.

Me, too. It makes my heart happy to know you've found a good man. Coincidentally, I married a teacher. (Not quite the same as a principal, but was he previously a teacher by chance?)

Edit: Reading your post again, I see that he is a former teacher. smile
Posted By: Bellevue Re: Getting Married in January - 10/28/19 04:54 PM
I'm so happy for you and your daughter. May your lives be joyful from now on.
© Marriage Builders® Forums