Marriage Builders
Posted By: cjack How Did I Keep a Straight Face? - 11/07/01 08:09 AM
This just shows how strange things can get when the last of the Fog finally clears!<p>I had a rather long phone conversation with my XW tonight. Most of it was nothing worth noting (her mother has gone off the deep end again, there are scorpions in her new apt., etc.). Then, near the end of the conversation, she asked me about MB!<p>She said "you know that website you told me about..."<p>Yeah...why?<p>"Did any of the women who had affairs get, well...annoyed with the guy?"<p>Let me guess, Steve won't stop calling you, right?<p>"Well..."<p>Now, XW broke up with the OM about 6 months ago, after she realized that, not only is he not her "soul-mate," but he is a total loser!<p>Now he won't leave her alone. He still calls her, still thinks there is a chance that she will move to Vegas to be with him, etc. 16 months ago, they were the perfect couple...now she's asking me how to get rid of him!<p>I said "let me talk to him. I can tell him from personal experience that once you've broken up with someone, that's it!"<p>I was only half-joking...<p>
16 months ago (as my life seemed to be falling apart) if you had told me that someday, I'd actually feel sorry for the OM, I'd have probably laughed. Now, I am tempted to contact this guy and tell him "I know how you feel, buddy...she did it to me, too!"<p>Like they always say..."someday you're gonna look back on this and laugh."<p>I'm there.
Posted By: _AD_ Re: How Did I Keep a Straight Face? - 11/07/01 09:12 AM
I fantisize about doing this myself sometime in the future. Or even having OM call me and say "she's smashing all the dishes, calling me names and beating me. What should I do?!"<p>Sometimes you win, man. Congratulations. On the other hand, I suppose you would have rather win a different way.<p>-AD
Posted By: BINthereDUNthat Re: How Did I Keep a Straight Face? - 11/07/01 09:30 AM
Too funny... Wow, that's amazing...<p>Isn't it interesting how she came to you for rescuing tho? OM has become a stalker! That is too much!<p>She got what she wanted, but didn't want what she got. But then, that's typical human nature when we don't find out what does GOD want for us, huh?<p>Oh well, I think you handled it very well. You sent a strong message and I think she probably got the point. The point being that she made her bed...<p>All I can say is wow...
Posted By: ex_princess Re: How Did I Keep a Straight Face? - 11/08/01 06:05 AM
What comes around, goes around.<p>I have let go of my anger toward my XH. He will get what he deserves for what he has done, in one way or another, without my help.<p>Life is good.
Posted By: Resilient Re: How Did I Keep a Straight Face? - 11/11/01 08:52 PM
Bump for WAT! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums