Marriage Builders
Posted By: Lisa_dup1 I'm going crazy - 11/21/01 12:50 AM
Someone please tell me this process doesn't last forever!
Some background on me:
My Husband left me on April Fools Day 2000 (I guess to show what a fool I had been). After trying to talk him into reconciliation or marital therapy for many months, and when he started seeing other women and had not even spoken to his own children in a year, I finally filed for divorce on the grounds of adultry.<p>It took me so long to file, and now it seems everything is keeping this from progressing. Even the pendilight child support and alimony hearing has been bumped 3 times. I think his lawyer is putting things off until my son reaches 18 yrs old. I feel like my life has been put on hold forever, and this process is never going to end. And I am so scared that he is going to get out of contributing anything to his children from here on out.<p>So I need some feedback... How long does this process take if you go to court? At the rate we are going, it is going to be years!!! We go to mediation again in mid-December and the temporary child support and alimony hearing has been reset again for late January 2002. And the trial date has not even been set. Any advise out there?<p>Lisa
Posted By: AgoodManInTexas Re: I'm going crazy - 11/21/01 03:33 PM
It took me what seems forever also..
(9 1/2 months) <p>Hang in there, it'll happen. <p>Tex.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums