Marriage Builders
Posted By: OffOnOnOff I have a question before I head this way - 11/01/02 12:27 PM

<small>[ November 01, 2002, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: OffOnOnOff ]</small>
Posted By: jetes Re: I have a question before I head this way - 11/01/02 05:20 PM
OOOO,

My W is kind of in a similar situation. What our WW's need to understand is that a stagnant relationship affects everyone in the family. I read somewhere that our kids need to see mom and dad go out on dates, hug and kiss, even go in their bedroom together and lock the door. It gives them a sense of security. Not to mention what it does for mom and dad.

Our WW's have come back and, sure, that's effort on their part, but just being there doesn't mean everything is alright. Your W is a "taker" like mine. Takers are never happy. They have their children to give and take from now but where will they be when the kids grow up and move away. It is a very tough assignment to ask W's in this frame of mind to give to the relationship but that's what they need to do.

Three possible solutions to this problem are:

1. You keep giving in the relationship. (another tough assignment but necessary)
2. Both of you read "Love Is A Decision"
3. Pray to God and bring Him into the equation.

God Bless,

jetes
Thank you jetes for your advice.

It is taken.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums