Marriage Builders
Posted By: Lora New Years resolutions - 12/28/03 06:32 AM
Anyone want to join me? Here are mine.

1. I will continue to loose weight to my goal and continue to exercise on a regular basis. I will incorperate exercise into my life for fun. I will for once and for all face my emotional eating issues and realize that food is not love.

2. I will stop the negative self talk and treat myself at least as well as I treat others. I will give myself a break.

3. I will use the new year as a new start, my divorce, life with my XH, is over and I am ready to move forward and stop mourning it.

4. I will take steps to open my life to new people, look for opportunities to join in things I like, embrace change and new experiances.

5. I will appreciate my friends and family and show my love for them by being open and supportive and not shutting them out.

6. I will work on my issues from my past including abandoment and shame and low self esteem.

7. I will have fun! I will appreciate this wonderful life and work to enjoy and live in each moment, to be present, not just surviving.
Posted By: terminator Re: New Years resolutions - 12/28/03 12:25 AM
Sure, I'll join you.

1. File.
2. File.
3. File.
4. File.

Seems it's the only thing left to do.
Posted By: ThornedRose Re: New Years resolutions - 12/28/03 02:24 PM
Lora,

I don't usually make new years resolutions--

But I'll share some things that may help you keep at least one of yours--

--I will stop the negative self talk and treat myself at least as well as I treat others. I will give myself a break.--

TR--not sure where you are spiritually, but read the Bible and find all the Verses that God says how much He loves you--

Isaiah 54 & 55

Psalm 121--

Psalm 139

Matthew 6:25-34

That's a start--I'll have to add more later--
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums