Marriage Builders
Posted By: raven11 "My Favorite Drive-In" - 06/21/08 05:09 PM
For our very first date, DH told me he was taking me to his favorite drive in.

As there is only one in San Antonio, I figured we were going to the mission. Nope!

He met me with a grin and a borrowed portable DVD player. We drove to a church parking lot and watched Monty Python's the meaning of life, with the DVD perched on the dash of his car, leaning in the hear it - singing the songs together.

He even stopped by a store and bought some popcorn. After, we drove to my street - a long quiet one, and parked under an old oak. He had remembered I liked an album by "meat loaf" and we sang the whole thing together.

It was the first time I'd sung with anyone in years.

I'll never forget that first date smile

Posted By: ilexmi Re: "My Favorite Drive-In" - 01/01/09 03:28 AM
I know this post is an older one but it's a great idea!

I shipped the kids to my mom's last night, came home & told hubby we were going out but wasn't going to tell him anything else. While he showered & changed, I packed a bag of snacks, the DVD player, "our" movie (The Princess Bride) and a blanket (it's realllly cold here!) into the back of the car.

I preset the GPS (first to Starbucks and then to the beach) and handed him the keys. We sat in the back seat together. It was a nice to be close with no pressure to talk yet we were able to talk if we wanted to.

Posted By: WhiteRussian Re: "My Favorite Drive-In" - 03/13/09 06:06 AM
We just did this with our laptop and a power inverter, and OMG it was so fun...

Now if only my mother in law who babysat didn't play the 20 questions about your date game and make us feel like a couple 16 year olds who just got busted having sex in the car ***sigh***
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums