Marriage Builders
Posted By: bigpicture How Do I Treat My Separated Spouse? - 03/08/10 10:45 PM
I received this from MarriageVine Minstries in their weekly emails **Edit**

How Do I Treat My Separated Spouse?
by Dr. Gary Chapman

When a couple comes to the point of separation, it is usually with many negative emotions. The temptation is to express these emotions in harsh words and brutal attacks. Nothing pleases Satan more than to see two Christians fighting each other.

God's way is love in the midst of hurt. Christ loved us even when we were killing him.

The Scriptures say, "Love is not rude". The opposite of rudeness is courtesy. The word means to be "friendly minded" - to treat your spouse as a friend.

There is nothing to be gained by arguing and screaming. "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but harsh words stir up anger" (Proverbs 15:1).

Certainly you need to discuss issues, but not in the attack mode.

Posted By: 26years Re: How Do I Treat My Separated Spouse? - 03/08/10 11:03 PM
Amen, and I agree. Buttttt, easier said then done. The bible is right, somebody is wrong. It's just so hard when you have been cheated on. I pray everyday that God helps me with this issue.
Posted By: WorseForWear Re: How Do I Treat My Separated Spouse? - 03/08/10 11:12 PM
Much easier said than done! It's hard to remain classy and civilized when your basic instinct is to slice and dice, to hurt those who have hurt you...
Thanks for this reminder, I am separated (WW moved out one week ago) and I need to "let go and let God" guide me.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums